Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ewan
Sep 29, 2008

Ewan is tired of his reputation as a serious Simon. I'm more of a jokester than you people think. My real name isn't even Ewan, that was a joke it's actually MARTIN! LOL fooled you again, it really is Ewan! Look at that monkey with a big nose, Ewan is so random! XD

Seaside Loafer posted:

Just dont watch election night live on the telly, ive done a few now and for reasons that elude me the labour safe seats are always counted first and you get all hopeful then a deluge of blue turns up over the night :/
Exit polls are normally pretty accurate - so it's worth waiting up for them, and then waiting for the first few seats to see if they have the same sort of swing as the exit polls suggest, and then going to sleep.

Or just drink through the whole thing.

I've seen this a lot - what's the story behind it. Was his account hacked?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Ewan posted:

Yeah, it's also the source of the "Davey Cameron is a pie" tweet

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Ewan posted:

davey cameron is a pie

(yes)

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
Just told my Welsh mother about that latest poll and she started singing Land of my Fathers

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

nothing to seehere posted:

Remember, Comrades. HOPE IS A LIE

Yeah, I've stomped down on the momentary spark of hope that elicited. it's probably wrong or it'll change dramatically in the coming weeks back to Torydom or some poo poo

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Tesseraction posted:

Well yeah but I mean that it's probably not indicative of the mood there. I'm just being cautiously optimistic, capiche?

"according the Survation poll, Welsh voters cared twice as much about the NHS as about immigration or Brexit (IIRC, it was like 24% to 11% and 12%). "
-some random dude on reddit

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

We're seeing exactly why May avoids the press like a plague. She can't deal with them, and if you compare her response to Corbyns after the manifesto launch it looks even worse.

I know Kussenberg gets a lot of stick in this thread, and rightly so, but she was the one who asked the first question that rocked May.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

TheRat posted:

"according the Survation poll, Welsh voters cared twice as much about the NHS as about immigration or Brexit (IIRC, it was like 24% to 11% and 12%). "

yuge, if true

guess bevan's guardian spirit still lingers

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Whats happening
https://twitter.com/alantravis40/status/866650065808625664

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

May is such a horrific public speaker.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Remember, Comrades. HOPE IS A LIE

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

I love the way you lie

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Hope may be a lie but the idea of May being the one that fucks the tory party against one of the worst perceived leaders of the labour party in history is a loving hilarious one.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

It. It's happening.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

TheRat posted:

Dear Wales, I'm sorry I ever said you were just Petty England, you are alright after all and are not embarrassing your forefathers.
All the best, you great bunch of lads.
Still, let's not get carried away. Somehow.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Paperhouse posted:

Look at these rich bourgies with their frivolous satellite channels in 2001.

well to be fair it was on national television here in france

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Heisenberg1276 posted:

Welsh Westminster voting intention:

LAB: 44% (+9)
CON: 34% (-7)
PC: 9% (-2)
LDEM: 6% (-1)
UKIP: 5% (+1)

limmyherewefuckinggo.avi

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Corbyn must go to number 10

https://twitter.com/AbiWilks/status/866680150557110273

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Noxville posted:

It. It's happening.

It's not happening.

Ewan
Sep 29, 2008

Ewan is tired of his reputation as a serious Simon. I'm more of a jokester than you people think. My real name isn't even Ewan, that was a joke it's actually MARTIN! LOL fooled you again, it really is Ewan! Look at that monkey with a big nose, Ewan is so random! XD
https://twitter.com/GoodwinMJ/status/866672882381991936

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
i'm from the future and jezza wins best allotment of the year

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Kurtofan posted:

i'm from the future and jezza wins best downing street allotment of the year

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

I know it's easy to mock but #libdemfightback

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

And May's on in prime time this evening

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

MrL_JaKiri posted:

I know it's easy to mock but #libdemfightback

lmao

Skinty McEdger posted:

And May's on in prime time this evening

I hope she's as stressed as she was at the Welsh Manifesto event and just loses her rag

OKAY FINE I'M GOING TO STIFF THE BRAINBROKE PAUPS I JUST WANT TO KEEP THIS COUNTRY STRONG AND STABLE

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

We have two and half weeks to go, and I imagine the press are really going to start bringing the knives out again now on Corbyn, this time with everyone paying attention. Don't take anything for granted yet.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

We have two and half weeks to go, and I imagine the press are really going to start bringing the knives out again now on Corbyn, this time with everyone paying attention. Don't take anything for granted yet.

Honestly mate, the press have been throwing IRA TERRORIST SYMPATHISER articles at Corbyn for the better part of two years now. There's no more dirt left to fling.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I am beginning to feel like putting May on television talking to someone might be the worst thing you could do for her.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

What is being taken for granted?

Ewan
Sep 29, 2008

Got all my proxy vote sorted - hopefully Mum will tick the right box.

Not that it makes any diference - my home constituency is Gove's seat which is super duper safe Tory land.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

It doesn't have to be new dirt, they just need to put it on the headlines again and make it a talking point while everyone is listening.

Although hopefully we start to see some sounds of discontent from Senior Tories If they start to think blood is in the water.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Pissflaps posted:

What is being taken for granted?

That the election will be anything but a landslide

Comrade Cheggorsky
Aug 20, 2011

it would be cool if May snaps and starts speaking in tongues

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

As a severe depressive honestly you're a dreary lot in here sometimes.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

OwlFancier posted:

<3 u 2 bb

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

OwlFancier posted:

Really? Most here seem very excitable at the moment.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

The lad's getting feisty:

https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/866670262040842240

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

Look it's just between the constant self-owning of the president by the coward donald trump

and the rise and fall of Kim Jong-May

it feels like things are too good to be true at the moment.

And I worry I'll wake up to find I've been in a coma since mid-February.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

I enjoyed the interview Corbs did with JME.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

I think they blew their load way too early, the only smears they can print now are rehashes of the same poo poo they've been printing since the first Labour leadership election. The IRA sympathiser bollocks isn't gaining any traction this time round and I can't really think of anything else they could trot out that would even cause a stir, everyone's desensitised at this point. Maybe they'll remind everyone that he used to shag Diane Abbot thirty years ago.

• Locked thread