Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
"alright alright.....now how many y'all like sex?" reggie fil-amine, e3 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.
Thinking about it, when exactly did E3 stop being so important?

Or was it never really that important and I only thought so because I was a young kid?

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Define "important"? It's still the biggest marketing tradeshow of the year and a ton of business is conducted at it. It's just that with the internet and direct marketing services like Twitter etc it's less important to fill a 3 day block of meetings with magazines and newspapers to get your exposure and some companies realize that their particular product will probably get lost in the noise and could generate better buzz outside of a huge big tent event.

mutata fucked around with this message at 21:27 on May 20, 2017

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

There was a few year period where they drastically reduced E3, but they went back on that.

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

In loving memory of Donald Pleasance
Unless Half-Life 3 and/or Metroid Prime 4 is announced E3 can kiss my rear end. :colbert:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

half life three is in ascii art with a 40 minute campaign and they just email it to all steam accounts

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Half-Life 3, but you're only allowed to buy it if you've played at least a thousand hours of DOTA2.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
So what's the Discord link? I wanna get ready for the shitshow early.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

spasticColon posted:

Unless Half-Life 3 and/or Metroid Prime 4 is announced E3 can kiss my rear end. :colbert:

Just merge them together. I would be ok with Samus taking a contract to defeat the Combine.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

1stGear posted:

Half-Life 3, but you're only allowed to buy it if you've played at least a thousand hours of DOTA2.

Half Life 3 but it only accepts Team Fortress 2 hats as currency for purchase.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

1stGear posted:

Half-Life 3, but it's actually just Half-Life 1

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
What idiots would call the third installment 'one' though?

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Saint Freak posted:

Nice

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Saint Freak posted:

:golfclap:

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Saint Freak posted:

:iceburn:

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Vakal posted:

Just merge them together. I would be ok with Samus taking a contract to defeat the Combine.

I mean Headcrabs are basically mini non-floating Metroids (sorta) so sure. I'm down for this.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

spasticColon posted:

Metroid Prime 4 is called System Shock 3 is called Prey.

But it would be nice if Nintendo remembered that franchise exists. And F-Zero, drat it.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Saint Freak posted:

:vince:

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
feels like we should have more rumors and leaks by now.....makes me wonder if the source who told me e3 would be lit was wrong....

Kinda feel like Sony will be there with some kind of PS3 BC. Maybe pro or future pro versions only- or something as light as free psnow games as preorder bonuses

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Yeah just as soon as you can change your username.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Not gonna happen until they are as hopeless for positive media attention as ms circa 2015

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

You want those lit details!??!?! Have no fear! DAYS GONE is gonna be at Sony E3!

You remember Days Gone, right?!!?!? Zombies!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The only way I could be less interested in Days Gone is if they came out and said it will have roguelike elements and base building.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Base building would make me more interested, rogue elements not so much

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I like that they're experimenting with crowd AI. I hope the game is good.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

an actual dog posted:

I like that they're experimenting with crowd AI. I hope the game is good.

Me too, zombie genre is tired as gently caress but it seems to be cooling down somewhat. Sony Bend has always been a tiny studio, it's cool to see them working on a higher profile title.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Rumors are that its not strictly a zombie game that theres more going on there, but the source is the kinda funny guys who claim to know people at the studio and idk how credible their unsourced podcast talk is

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Speaking of zombie games in conferences Is Dead Island 2 still a thing that still exists or was it a waste of a few minutes back during the 2014 conference?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

...Dead Island 2 didn't come out?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Deep Silver insisted it was still in the works pretty recently.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Actually been looking forward to more State of Decay. Hope they get the multi in this time.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
They released a note that was basically "Oh yea, we're still working on it" and absolutely no status, screenshot or videos to back it up.

Honestly, I don't know what they're expecting now that Dying Light absolutely destroyed them at their game.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I was really excited at first for Dead Island 2 because it was being done by Yager (Spec Ops: The Line) and I was curious to see what they could do with the formula but then they peaced out and last I checked it's an online-only sandbox MMO-flavored FPSRPG oriented around co-op.

Souplesse
May 31, 2011

Gentlemoas.
Dunno where else to put this, but
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pARO1yMp2I

Glad to see Ubisoft tackling the deadliest and most savage of lands.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Phantasium posted:

...Dead Island 2 didn't come out?

You're thinking of the other zombie game. No the other other other one. Yeah, that one.

Crusty Juggler
Mar 26, 2009

Caffeine IV posted:

Dunno where else to put this, but
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pARO1yMp2I

Glad to see Ubisoft tackling the deadliest and most savage of lands.

If it means I get to explode a bunch of white nationalists in Trump country I'm all for it.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

So is it going to end with the people you fighting against getting acquitted from all wrong-doings like Ammon Bundy and his band of wackjobs?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Crusty Juggler posted:

If it means I get to explode a bunch of white nationalists in Trump country I'm all for it.

that what one of the leaks made it sound like. basicaly the far cry 5 baddies ar a mix of weird extremist christian sect mixed with doomsday prepper/right wing milltia. its ubisoft so its a toss up if it will happen or not buy i kinda hope for some real hosed up poo poo and dont hold back on religious extremism.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 22:00 on May 22, 2017

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
No longer is 2017 another "Year of the Bow", it is now a "Year of Fishing Using Explosives".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Dapper_Swindler posted:

that what one of the leaks made it sound like. basicaly the far cry 5 baddies ar a mix of weird extremist christian sect mixed with doomsday prepper/right wing milltia. its ubisoft so its a toss up if it will happen or not buy i kinda hope for some real hosed up poo poo and dont hold back on religious extremism.

A black man in the deep racist north west. All the really dangerous poo poo like pythons showing up there will be the result of dumb-asses bringing in their exotic pets and them getting lose to breed like crazy.

• Locked thread