Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wooglin
Sep 5, 2002
So I'm a little frustrated. I bought the full expansion thinking that I would be able to play the base game right away to get used to it with the expansion content opening up in June. But no, I can't play anything or even install the game. Oh well, guess I just have to wait a few weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Focusing on Steam, the way they handled pre-orders on Steam is loving dumb. Steam doesn't allow refunds after two hours of play (applies to pre-order bonuses) and method of payment is charged immediately so I have no idea why they didn't just grant pre-orders immediate access.

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

So I heard there is a big patch here on the 22nd or something? And it's supposed to have major changes or something? I just started playing again so I'm kind of out of the loop here.

rizzen fucked around with this message at 17:25 on May 20, 2017

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Morrowind (technically Vvardenfell) is going live on 22nd for people with early access, and it has some pretty major changes coming.

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

GuyUpNorth posted:

Morrowind (technically Vvardenfell) is going live on 22nd for people with early access, and it has some pretty major changes coming.

Oh? Hm, good thing I just preordered it yesterday then.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
I don't really know if this is the thread for it, but the PS4 version of this game on the pro- does it run well? And also, if I just buy the game and can't be arsed subbing to it, will it be painful to play? Or are there a couple of one time things that are worth paying for? I just don't play consistently enough to justify a sub each month.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

teacup posted:

I don't really know if this is the thread for it, but the PS4 version of this game on the pro- does it run well? And also, if I just buy the game and can't be arsed subbing to it, will it be painful to play? Or are there a couple of one time things that are worth paying for? I just don't play consistently enough to justify a sub each month.

I play on a normal PS4 and work super smooth and looks great.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
As a non-subscriber, you need to buy the DLC (almost all of which is worth it) and you're going to be consumed with inventory management if you want to do a lot of crafting. In particular, furniture crafting is going to be more trouble than it's worth. Aside from that, you'll be fine.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

am I gimped at all if i dont want to craft ever? I have a baby so my gaming time is limited so id probably just do dungeons and stuff

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

queeb posted:

am I gimped at all if i dont want to craft ever? I have a baby so my gaming time is limited so id probably just do dungeons and stuff

I play under similar circumstances and it's no problem at all. Honestly I don't feel it's necessary beyond investing 3 points in relevant disciplines so you can upgrade your bound gear to gold, but that's not really crafting. There are goons that live to craft, they have everything unlocked and are super friendly. I just hit them up if I need something.

I'm leveling crafting with my extra points simply for the crafting dailies, they're decent for cash and a good source of yellow upgrade mats for 2 minutes of effort a day. But you don't need to do it.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

queeb posted:

Crafting rules, but 100% of it is bind on equip. So you can always trick friends into crafting poo poo for you.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
A lot of us are happy to craft you whatever you want as long as you cover the cost of materials.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

queeb posted:

You can always ask someone to craft you a bunch of gear then deconstruct it for the exp bonus from deconstructing gear another player made. Just powerlevel it and forget about it until endgame.

Even if you don't think you'll ever craft, it's a good idea to take weapons and armor you pick up to crafting stations and research the traits on them. Researching works like skill training in EVE, just select a trait to research and a timer will count down while you're doing other things.

basalt
Jan 11, 2015

EDIT: Wrong thread. Whoops!

basalt fucked around with this message at 06:42 on May 21, 2017

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Just a heads up, tomorrow is launch date for Update 14 on PC. Included in the update are a shitload of changes and stuff, and to compensate, all CP will be reset on login. There will also be a reduced cost on skill point/attribute resets (1 gold per point SPENT) until the next incremental (probably 1 week).

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

When do you think the launcher will start patching? Today or tomorrow?

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Thought I'd dip back into this for Morrowind, and I think I'm up for starting fresh on a new character. How are Wardens looking? Any consensus on a solid build yet? I'm primarily a soloer, for the most part, and don't really care about pvp.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Right now Wardens seem to be shaping up to solid off-tanks/off-heals, with the potential hybrid design Wrobel is trying to encourage.

count_von_count
Nov 6, 2012

Got a chuckle from some accidental(?) erp i ran across the other day:

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Im just gonna jump in as a warden as my first character. I can't gently caress myself over build wise right? I've only gotten to like level 7 before

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

queeb posted:

Im just gonna jump in as a warden as my first character. I can't gently caress myself over build wise right? I've only gotten to like level 7 before

No, respeccing is super easy and cheap.

Ways you can gently caress yourself are the general not understanding why you should use certain powers/armour/weapons, etc. And by gently caress yourself, I mean you'll just have a way harder time with things and get frustrated. The biggest thing you can do to help with that is decide at level 1 if you wanna be a Magic or Stamina character, and put all your levelups into that stat. Then the rest we can all figure out as a group. Magic users tend to use staves and wear light armour, stamina users are dual wield + bow, and wear medium leather.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Sweet, im so pumped to try out morrowind, game shaped my teenage years. What info is needed for a guild invite?

inflatable fish
Dec 8, 2016

VanillaGorilla posted:

Thought I'd dip back into this for Morrowind, and I think I'm up for starting fresh on a new character. How are Wardens looking? Any consensus on a solid build yet? I'm primarily a soloer, for the most part, and don't really care about pvp.

stam dps looks decent enough, mag is p. much worthless

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

queeb posted:

Sweet, im so pumped to try out morrowind, game shaped my teenage years. What info is needed for a guild invite?

Fun facts about Morrowind:

I maxed my luck in Morrowind, and vendors had a system where if you where luck enough, they would be looking to a wall or a chest, so you could loot their stuff. With maxed luck, they would almost always looking at a wall.
Then my charisma was really high, so they where very happy to wellcome me. "Hello traveler", they would say, while looking at a wall.

I don't expect the expansion to feel like Morrowind. Morrowind is that game, and this is a new one with a re-re-interpretation of lore and some reuse of props. I don't think I would tolerate the nostalgia anyway, if somebody would have made a faithful Morrowind version.

As a PC4 player, when we can expect to play the expansion? months?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Tei posted:

Fun facts about Morrowind:

I maxed my luck in Morrowind, and vendors had a system where if you where luck enough, they would be looking to a wall or a chest, so you could loot their stuff. With maxed luck, they would almost always looking at a wall.
Then my charisma was really high, so they where very happy to wellcome me. "Hello traveler", they would say, while looking at a wall.

I don't expect the expansion to feel like Morrowind. Morrowind is that game, and this is a new one with a re-re-interpretation of lore and some reuse of props. I don't think I would tolerate the nostalgia anyway, if somebody would have made a faithful Morrowind version.

As a PC4 player, when we can expect to play the expansion? months?

June 6

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

queeb posted:

User ID (your @whatever at login). EU side is pretty dead, but NA is good to join.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

What's the cheapest place to get the full version of this and the morrow expansion for pc?

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

can i get an invite for @queeb

thanks!

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

So, I'm torn now on what to play with the new patch.. I'm seriously enjoying both my MagDK and Stamplar. You in the know goons know how these ones fare with the expansion?

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

victrix posted:

What's the cheapest place to get the full version of this and the morrow expansion for pc?

https://www.instant-gaming.com/en/293-buy-key-the-elder-scrolls-online-tamriel-unlimited/
+
https://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/the-elder-scrolls-online-morrowind-pc

Saves about $10 off the GreenManGaming price.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Did they give any info on what time the early access becomes available?

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

CuddlyZombie posted:

Did they give any info on what time the early access becomes available?
They've only got the starting time for the maintenance listed (slightly less than 2 hours from now) so I'm assuming it'll be 'as long as it takes' since they need to patch the server infrastructure.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
If ESO Morrowind is a good tribute to classic early 2000s Morrowind I'll dig in.

Thanks eager test server people who will be the mine canaries. Looking forward to your reports and assessments.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Just started playing, I apparently picked a brilliant time to start :v:

Thanks for the goons answering my dumb questions in guild chat.

Game is beautiful, I'm still on the newbie quest on stros m'kai, so I haven't even figured out where I'm headed next, or sussed out the basics of the skill system yet.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

DancingShade posted:

If ESO Morrowind is a good tribute to classic early 2000s Morrowind I'll dig in.

Thanks eager test server people who will be the mine canaries. Looking forward to your reports and assessments.

This ain't test server, this is full release, just to the people who already own the base game, and are buying a digital upgrade version (or the physical collector's edition as myself is and go through a process to prove it), get full access.

Test server already happened. And I haven't delved deep into the reports because I'm a crazy man who is buying this no matter what and don't want any spoilers, but the general whispers I've heard have been "it's a pretty fitting tribute".

See ya'll online again this evening. We're coming home.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Sky Shadowing posted:

Test server already happened. And I haven't delved deep into the reports because I'm a crazy man who is buying this no matter what and don't want any spoilers, but the general whispers I've heard have been "it's a pretty fitting tribute".
:same:

The ZOS guys have always done a fantastic job with the world-building and lore in ESO so I'm sure they will with Morrowind, too. And yeah, as I understand it the mechanics changes in the Morrowind update are dropping for everyone after the maintenance is finished and it's only the new class/area that are restricted to preorders at this time.

I am so hype for mushrooms and wizards and silt striders :ohdear:

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

Patch is available to download.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

According to Reddit servers are back up.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Hi I guess I bought this for my PC last night after a couple of drinks, even though I already play on console. Can I get an invite to the NA guild please?

@GuySmiley416

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Servers have been up for about an hour. Where all the Warden builds? I only have two weeks to overthink things.