Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

mods please rename thread "Labour Isn't Dead, It Smells Blood in the Water"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Waiting for a train, I needed a shit. You won't bee-lieve what happened next

TheRat posted:

John Prescott's rekindled his fire it seems
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wL9uTGejxls
The full version of that with Corbs speech is pretty cool. If the fucker could clone about 100 versions of himself and go do that everywhere he would be a dead cert.

winegums
Dec 21, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

Even when I disliked his politics, I've always had a soft spot for Two Jabs. I can't even remember why that bloke he lamped was throwing eggs, but his response was so very human.

This seems really bad? Am I going to have to watch this now? Urgh.

I t hink he'd said something about just feeling something wet running down his neck and thinking they guy might've stabbed him or bricked him or something. Seemed fair enough, Prescott's a good lad.

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Waiting for a train, I needed a shit. You won't bee-lieve what happened next

I never got how people thought David Cameron was some slick operator personally, just always came across as a posh pudgy sweaty pig loving oval office to me but no one can deny surely that Corbyn has way more charisma and energy than that lich hag?

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
Cameron was very very very good at providing quick and on-message segments to the press. Corbyn wanders all over the place mostly.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Corbyn is better live, Cameron is better for soundbite headlines

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

I'm quite annoyed they are pre recording May. Not only will she have been briefed to hell and back, she can get a do over if age flips her shot again.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Watching Theresa May being interviewed by Andrew Neil now and WHAT THE HELL IS SHE WEARING AROUND HER NECK

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

gently caress me that's feeble.

Watch for the moment she blatantly panics into b.b.b....but Corbyn bad!

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

Pistol_Pete posted:

Watching Theresa May being interviewed by Andrew Neil now and WHAT THE HELL IS SHE WEARING AROUND HER NECK

I mean, if she tears it in two halfway through a speech about 'breaking the shackles of European bureaucrats', I'll applaud, but still.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Pistol_Pete posted:

It's to stop her from violently shaking her head whenever she gets asked a question she doesn't like.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Andrew Neil pressing May hard and she is NOT enjoying it lol

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Ouch

https://twitter.com/PolhomeEditor/status/866716824125267969

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

I think she has bigger feet than Andrew Neill.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
FINISH HER ANDREW

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
I'm glad I'm not taking a shot every time she accuses Corbyn of "playing politics" 'cos I'd be dead by now.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

BU.BU..BUT IT WAS JEREMY CORBYN

Incy
May 30, 2006
for other Out
Eight billion more money

E: Is she dying here? It feels like she is but my political barometer is broken.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

I can see why May tries to avoid these things lmao

https://twitter.com/Kevin_Maguire/status/866717517351399425

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Seaside Loafer posted:

The full version of that with Corbs speech is pretty cool. If the fucker could clone about 100 versions of himself and go do that everywhere he would be a dead cert.

Get him some of that French hologram speech tech

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Incy posted:

E: Is she dying here? It feels like she is but my political barometer is broken.

Unscripted questions are NOT her strong point, as this interview is making clear.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Incy posted:

Eight billion more money

Shall we have a whip round? She reminds me of a teacher I had in senior school, and we used to have standing on the table contest, whilst she shouted at us before breaking down in tears.

Ask her about 10s of thousands of immigration, Andrew.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Right now Tory HQ are trying desperately to come up with any way to get her out of those two quasi debates that are happening next week.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
"Yes, you've made that point several times, Prime Minister..."

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
Her shoe and Andrew Neil's shoe are touching

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Skinty McEdger posted:

Right now Tory HQ are trying desperately to come up with any way to get her out of those two quasi debates that are happening next week.

The Theresa May party has a bit of a wobbly foundation, it seems.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

Pistol_Pete posted:

I'm glad I'm not taking a shot every time she accuses Corbyn of "playing politics" 'cos I'd be dead by now.

From alcohol poisoning, or just straight up drowning?

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Paperhouse posted:

Did she stamp her heel before they touched? Is it possible she's a specter agent?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

This is BBC1 at absolute prime time. What loving disaster for the STRONG&STABLE party.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Paperhouse posted:

I don't think you and I are focussing on the right stuff

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

She's stuck in a loop

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Meanwhile in Hull, Corbyn seems to have found a bit of a crowd:

https://twitter.com/rachyoungeritv/status/866721222641537025

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Blasmeister posted:

She's stuck in a loop

smack her on the side of her head.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Seaside Loafer posted:

I never got how people thought David Cameron was some slick operator personally, just always came across as a posh pudgy sweaty pig loving oval office to me

Yeah but he's good at it. A lot of people they just want to see someone confidently state things, Cameron rarely got ruffled or didn't have a response - which was often some talking point or quickly changing the subject to something else. He was good at the performance, right down to the way he always ended every media statement by walking out of frame all determined like he had something super important to do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IZQh0Mcc-w

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
I'm now convinced the Tory plan is for Corbyn to get in and take Brexit full in the face, then blame Labour for everything going to poo poo.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/StigAbell/status/866721982532005889

E: lmao, Owen Jones is enjoying himself:
https://twitter.com/OwenJones84/status/866721719062605828

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Well, that performance has to have knocked another few points off the Conservative lead.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

There was a point where the entire country was talking about Cameron loving a pig, and he still went out and showed his face looking barely bothered by it. May gets the slightest criticism of her manifesto polices and begins to melt down.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Pistol_Pete posted:

Well, that performance has to have knocked another few points off the Conservative lead.

I doubt more than 2 million people watched it and the vast majority of them have long since made up their minds, and the rest were lightly drooling and wondering what happened to the sofa on the One Show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

HJB posted:

I'm now convinced the Tory plan is for Corbyn to get in and take Brexit full in the face, then blame Labour for everything going to poo poo.

I am beginning to think the same. May is bad, but this is just smacks of deliberating throwing it.

• Locked thread