Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters
scientists are just as worthless as every other profession at anything unrelated to their day job

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

wait are we talking about Lowtax again

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
rewrite is going gr8 tks 4 asking. prepare for max lvl ownage

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

caitlyn jenner is terrible hth

pls justify transphobia to me, this ought to be good :allears:

A Pinball Wizard fucked around with this message at 12:34 on May 22, 2017

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
you can be a bad person regardless of your sexuality, look at me, im a ragin homosexual in real life, and also a human being online

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014
maybe consider taking the gender discussion to reddit or tumblr? tia :)

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

Maximum Leader posted:

maybe consider taking the gender discussion to reddit or tumblr? tia :)

nah

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

caitlyn jenner is terrible hth

how does that justify making transphobic jokes? cosby is horrible, is it okay to call him racial slurs?

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

If you would like to talk about gender there are many open minded posters also interested in this topic in GBS, make a new thread or post in one of the multiple existing threads

ShinsoBEAM!
Nov 6, 2008

"Even if this body of mine is turned to dust, I will defend my country."

redleader posted:

scientists are just as worthless as every other profession at anything unrelated to their day job

scientists are fine if you explain why you can't just magically fix the problem they get it, it's other people who hear what a scientist says and wants a magic pill solution and when you say no lol that can't work, it's because you arn't working hard enough or don't believe enough

see solar roadways

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
someone please post a list of acceptable comedy subjects so I know ahead of time if I'm a wrongthinker or not. TIA.

i look forward to the golden comedy era of middle aged white dudes talking about their kids ala Louis CK.

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
:siren:
performative wokeness is especially important in funny_computer/forums_rewrite.thread

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?

cis autodrag posted:

how does that justify making transphobic jokes? cosby is horrible, is it okay to call him racial slurs?

i think that she will be fine rolling in her scrooge mcduck bins of money and privilege from people saying bad things about her in the funny computer forum

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
michael richards did nothing wrong, apparently

Blue Train posted:

If you would like to talk about gender there are many open minded posters also interested in this topic in GBS, make a new thread or post in one of the multiple existing threads

why dont you go scout it out for us

take your time coming back

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

A Pinball Wizard posted:

michael richards did nothing wrong, apparently

Lol

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

LinYutang posted:

performative wokeness is especially important in funny_computer/forums_rewrite.thread

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

some guy made a reddit in elixir: https://www.reddit.com/r/elixir/comments/6c1vql/34_months_learning_elixir_and_what_got_done/

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Smythe posted:

rewrite is going gr8 tks 4 asking. prepare for max lvl ownage

thanks for the update and all your hard work, extremely pumped for the new forums experience

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

cool. just needs a yospos skin

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

What if there was a like button for posts and every time someone liked your post you would get a point, and once you get X number of points you could get a free avatar change? The points would be a secret to everyone butt mods so when you get like 100 points or something it would be a cute surprise!

Richard please impliment this into the new forums that you are most certainly and easily coding into life :) thanks!

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

nah tie it to Posting Statistics, like eqs or post-to-quote ratio

pram
Jun 10, 2001
riiiiccchhhhhaaarrrdddd

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

so let's say we've got the wiki going and we're going to rewrite SA good and proper for richard for free. the first order of business is to choose the stack we are going to write everything for.

i vote we go with a sensible backend choice like node.js 7.10. it will allow us to use cutting edge javascript on the backend.

for the frontend we're going to go with ember.js.

the database will be mysql because it's good enough.

search will use solr.

akadajet fucked around with this message at 19:11 on May 22, 2017

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Custom google search

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

akadajet posted:

the database will be mysql because it's good enough.

search will use solr.

just stick everything in an elasticsearch and call it a day

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
html and css

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
database is a csv file on someone's desktop

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

value-brand cereal posted:

What if there was a like button for posts and every time someone liked your post you would get a point, and once you get X number of points you could get a free avatar change? The points would be a secret to everyone butt mods so when you get like 100 points or something it would be a cute surprise!

Richard please impliment this into the new forums that you are most certainly and easily coding into life :) thanks!

there should be a punishment for liking lovely posts, like if you are the only person who likes a post after 40 new posts in the thread you get banned

Richard can't afford to give out anything for free

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

Fun Shoe
search stays as is

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

LinYutang posted:

did you seriously just tell a transgender person objecting to transphobic jokes she is doing "performative wokeness"? gently caress off rear end in a top hat. when people say lovely things about caitlyn jenner they're attacking the rest of us too.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i wonder how the forums rewrite is going

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

I do not think the forums rewrite is going well

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
the forums rewrite is going goon-in-a-well

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

cis autodrag posted:

the forums rewrite is going goon-in-a-well

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
the forums have been rewritten already but the launch has been delayed while richard draws all those spaceships

pram
Jun 10, 2001

big scary monsters posted:

the forums have been rewritten already but the launch has been delayed while richard draws all those spaceships

lol forgot about that. what's even funnier is he was lampooning a product that supposedly will never get delivered that moronic nerds nevertheless continue to mindlessly shovel money into

Makes You Think!!!!

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

pram posted:

what's even funnier is he was lampooning a product that supposedly will never get delivered that moronic nerds nevertheless continue to mindlessly shovel money into

Makes You Think!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Endless Mike posted:

i disagree, sexy parrot. i think it is going very well

• Locked thread