Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Skinty McEdger posted:

Remember at the start of the campaign when the Tory campaign was non existent and conventional wisdom was that before long they would get their poo poo together once they got a team in place?

Considering they're still leading in the polls they really are panicking.

I think they're suffering the same sort of panic that the Labour right has been through against Corbyn and are struggling to actually explain why they're wanting to be in charge without sounding like power mad psychopaths because that's apparently only enough to secure them about a third of the vote.

1776: USA declares independence nominally about taxation but also about how the Crown wasn't letting them murder enough native americans. 240 years later they elect Trump and realise that maybe constitutional monarchies aren't the worst thing in the world.

namesake fucked around with this message at 21:26 on May 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH
This thread is full of people who are so clueless about cooking.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

TheRat posted:

1) Salt water heavily
2) Bring up to a strong boil
3) Throw in pasta, stir once and wait until cooked

Not quite rocket science, is it

Yeah except that many people define cooked as "An overboiled soggy mess".

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Pistol_Pete posted:

I tend to go for a minute or two less than whats on the packet and that's usually perfect.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Pistol_Pete posted:

Literally just following the side of the packet makes for good pasta.
Water salt boil dump wait drain.
Cook sauce first, pasta last or while sauce simmers down.
vvalaa

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Using 'Theresa May's team' isn't a 4d chess move to throw the election and pin it on her (leave it to the UKMT to assume that it's totally normal for parties to deliberately do everything they can to lose an election), it's because the Conservative brand is still toxic yet May is the most popular PM ever. In all records. Her brand lifts all boats.

Well, up until this last week at least.

Ora Tzo
Feb 26, 2016

HEEEERES TONYYYY
So best case scenario, Corbyn doesn't quite win but gets close enough to a majority that he stays on, May has to handle brexit, those MPs get in trouble in the courts for whatsit, May goes into coalition with the Lib dems, Brexit cancelled, and Corbyn rides into the next election with full communism?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
So we've got a horror show of a tory campaign. A Tory leader who is like a rabbit in the headlights. An unpopular Tory manifesto and botched u-turns. A press hostile to the Tories. They're loving it up big time.

This should be a walk in the park for labour.

Who or what will be blamed when the Tories win the election anyway?

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Alchenar posted:

Using 'Theresa May's team' isn't a 4d chess move to throw the election and pin it on her (leave it to the UKMT to assume that it's totally normal for parties to deliberately do everything they can to lose an election)

TACD posted:

It's a totally loopy conspiracy theory that definitely isn't true
I was pretty explicit that no, I don't think this is a Real True Thing.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Ora Tzo posted:

So best case scenario, Corbyn doesn't quite win but gets close enough to a majority that he stays on, May has to handle brexit, those MPs get in trouble in the courts for whatsit, May goes into coalition with the Lib dems, Brexit cancelled, and Corbyn rides into the next election with full communism?

I think the filth already backed down from charging any of the tories implicated in the election spending investigation.

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Waiting for a train, I needed a shit. You won't bee-lieve what happened next

Alchenar posted:

May is the most popular PM ever. In all records. Her brand lifts all boats.
Got to see some data on that, that scary headmistress witch hag is not likable at all on any level. Id rather have Ant and Dec in charge.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Seaside Loafer posted:

Got to see some data on that, that scary headmistress witch hag is not likable at all on any level. Id rather have Ant and Dec in charge.

She's currently the most popular party leader going into an election for fifty years or something.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Pissflaps posted:

She's currently the most popular party leader going into an election for fifty years or something.

brexit is really popular

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Jose posted:

brexit is really popular

Not as popular as May.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Seaside Loafer posted:

There was some data being chucked around not so long ago that had her personal approval rating insanely high.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Pissflaps posted:

Not as popular as May.

all the ukippers have decided to support her because shes all for hard brexit because it keeps foreigns out

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
"Being prime minister for 6 months before calling an election" is really unusual; at the same point in his premiership Blair had something like 90% approval for reference.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

This might have backfired a little bit:

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

TheRat posted:

Ugh loving mainstream media ignoring this story.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwkEEqXT3uQ

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Pissflaps posted:

Ugh loving mainstream media ignoring this story.

have you considered the reason labour are suddenly doing slightly better in the polls is the mainstream press are forced to report on their manifesto?

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Alchenar posted:

Using 'Theresa May's team' isn't a 4d chess move to throw the election and pin it on her (leave it to the UKMT to assume that it's totally normal for parties to deliberately do everything they can to lose an election), it's because the Conservative brand is still toxic yet May is the most popular PM ever. In all records. Her brand lifts all boats.

Right it's like Arlene's Team campaign wrt the DUP pissing away a generation of government spending on wood pellets because they thought it was the rUK paying.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Pissflaps posted:

A press hostile to the Tories.

loving lol

Pissflaps posted:

Who or what will be blamed when the Tories win the election anyway?

The PLP.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Jose posted:

have you considered the reason labour are suddenly doing slightly better in the polls is the mainstream press are forced to report on their manifesto?

What do you mean by 'forced'?

jabby posted:

The PLP.

Ah yes of course.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Alchenar posted:

That's because nobody had really seen anything outside of the lionisation the tabs have been giving her. Her popularity was the softest kind of popularity and it started melting away the moment the campaign started and people actually started paying attention to her.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

MrL_JaKiri posted:

"Being prime minister for 6 months before calling an election" is really unusual; at the same point in his premiership Blair had something like 90% approval for reference.

Question because I'm lazy: if she lost would she be the shortest serving PM in the UK?

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Theresa May flew too close to the sun, on waxen wings boldly engraved with the words "MADE IN BRITAIN"

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Corbyn has been a shite leader but he's big on campaigning and labour should have had him out and about before now

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

http://www.canyoutrusttheresa.com/

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

TheRat posted:

lmao

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

namesake posted:

Question because I'm lazy: if she lost would she be the shortest serving PM in the UK?

no, some earl was pm for like 130 days in the 1820s

e; looking it up, it was 144 days. His predecessor ruled for a smaller 119.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Labour also sent round an email to supposedly try to set up a counter ad.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
labour took out some attack google ads earlier in the week, if you googled tory manifesto you got a labour page as the promoted result trashing it

it was good

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
the google game is real this GE

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Pissflaps posted:

What do you mean by 'forced'?

Ah yes of course.
That Independent article from earlier mentioned that the media is now playing by election broadcast rules which enforce more impartiality than before. This doesn't apply to the papers but does to TV and radio

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I do admire the brass balls involved in buying up google ad space when your manifesto makes comments in the direction of the dangers of google ad's that have been jumped on by your friendly papers as reason to run a weekends worth of articles about the evils of google ads. That's some drat fine coherent messaging.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

https://twitter.com/StephenMangan/status/865477107329007617

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

I once forgot that I put that pasta on, left it for an hour and it was basically a soggy mess when I remembered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Pochoclo posted:

"You're getting ripped" when referring to London is the understatement of the century. I mean, this is a city where you can expect to pay £20 for a bowl of spaghetti bolognese.

I love London though. Best city in the world.

I mean, there are some good points to London if you can afford to live there, but you don't have salt and pepper chips or parmos so..

• Locked thread