Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
If I genetically engineered a pig without cloven hooves would it then be kosher?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Who What Now posted:

If I genetically engineered a pig without cloven hooves would it then be kosher?

If you think usual GMO discussion is bullshit-laden, boy, let me tell you about GMO-kashrut conterversies.

Keep in mind that there is more to kosher law than the species of the meat; there's also the way it's killed, stored, and processed, and what it gets or does not get mixed with during that. Ostensibly, a food should only be kosher if the sourcing and processing have been overseen by Rabbis specializing in kashrut, although that's hard to really get right outside of Israel.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Sikhs fuckin own

The hairpins are strictly symbolic but I'd worry about what some of those dudes could do with one.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Who What Now posted:

Actually, G-d will make pigs chew their cud, thus making them kosher (see Asarah Mamaros Chikor Hadin 4:13).

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Hogge Wild posted:

all people except shy nudist girl

Let's not be rude and exclude the two people as weird as me that probably exist

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Who What Now posted:

Speaking of dietary restrictions, beavers and capyberas are considered to be fish by the Catholic Church, allowing them to be eaten during Lent.
Muskrats as well. More technically they are not considered land-dwelling animals, just filtered through the broad and archaic terminology of the first millennium.

The prohibition is also supposed to cover every single Friday, not just during Lent.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Wasn't the whole fish exception to Lent due to the fishing lobby getting a lot of pull with the Catholic Church, trying to argue it wreck the business of good Catholic fishermen if nobody could eat their catch on Fridays?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Panfilo posted:

Wasn't the whole fish exception to Lent due to the fishing lobby getting a lot of pull with the Catholic Church, trying to argue it wreck the business of good Catholic fishermen if nobody could eat their catch on Fridays?

There's been literally hundreds of attempts to explain why it exists and nobody is really sure.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

It's almost certainly nothing to do with the fact that fish are deeply attached to Jesus, for whom the Lent fast is undertaken.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Ghostlight posted:

It's almost certainly nothing to do with the fact that fish are deeply attached to Jesus, for whom the Lent fast is undertaken.

Fish just loving love Jesus :mmmhmm:

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Jerry Cotton posted:

Fish just loving love Jesus :mmmhmm:

He did have a modest proposal about fishing for men

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

syscall girl posted:

The hairpins are strictly symbolic but I'd worry about what some of those dudes could do with one.

My backwoods Canadian home town has a huge Sikh population and dudes were allowed to wear their kirpans to school and poo poo. I thought that was cool.

Of course, this was back in the day. Not like now, when a 10 year old can get expelled because mom packed a butter knife with lunch.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Let's not be rude and exclude the two people as weird as me that probably exist

tbf this site has way more than 2 people who have weirder eating habits than you

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av
i mean come on, are we really gonna dunk on them for not liking plants in the same thread that gave us this:

I Said No posted:

I looked up a normal LDL level, it's between 100 and 120. "Greater than 160" is considered too high. His is 293.
It's amazing his blood was flowing at all, holy poo poo.

there's basically no way shy's diet is THAT loving bad

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Snak posted:

Sikhs (and meat eating Hindus) eat Jhatka meat, which is from animals who are slaughtered by instantaneous decapitation.

Sikhs gonna be sorted when the uprising against the rich gets underway and the guillotines start clattering French-style.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Hogge Wild posted:

tbf this site has way more than 2 people who have weirder eating habits than you

I remember floor pizza

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

I Said No posted:

i mean come on, are we really gonna dunk on them for not liking plants in the same thread that gave us this:

I looked up a normal LDL level, it's between 100 and 120. "Greater than 160" is considered too high. His is 293.
It's amazing his blood was flowing at all, holy poo poo.

there's basically no way shy's diet is THAT loving bad
[/quote]

I mean, when you get right down to it what options does Shy really have besides eggs cooked in bacon grease?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Bacon is too lean. I want to live a long healthy life after all

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

I remember floor pizza

I always thought the pizza was on a bare floor. Clochette (pizza lady) and/or The Saurus (pizza husband) said it was in the box. They may have just said that in a "no way we're not that gross" way, but it still ruined it a little bit. Pizza in box is just normal goony poo poo. Pizza on bare floor is what made it special.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
Oh yeah: they met on the Chris-chan forums. That's worse than loving on 20 Little Ceasers' Hot & Ready pizzas, imk

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

I always thought the pizza was on a bare floor. Clochette (pizza lady) and/or The Saurus (pizza husband) said it was in the box. They may have just said that in a "no way we're not that gross" way, but it still ruined it a little bit. Pizza in box is just normal goony poo poo. Pizza on bare floor is what made it special.

The significance wasn't that it was out of the box I thought, but that it was left on the floor all night under a bed and then eaten the next day

But yeah that's a hell of a meet-cute regardless

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Bacon is too lean. I want to live a long healthy life after all

"Uncle Dickie, he did what he wanted to do. He did exactly what he wanted to do," said Williams, who believes that attitude was the secret to his long life.

Oh yeah: they met on the Chris-chan forums. That's worse than loving on 20 Little Ceasers' Hot & Ready pizzas, imk

...like fuckin' on a quilt of cheap pepperoni pizzas

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

And those forums have gotten awful lately. You know Kiwi Farms? The forum that doxxed a bunch of goons this year and obsesses over "lolcows" who are sometimes just regular people with slight quirks or are normal people that get labeled "SJWs"?

That's what used to be the Chris-Chan forum. They changed hosts and just got nastier with every passing year until they're going after everyone in sight.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I think it was in a box under a hotel bed. So box not withstanding it's pretty ridiculous.

Good Parmesan
Nov 30, 2007

I TAKE PHOTOS OF OTHER PEOPLE'S CHILDREN IN PLANET FITNESS
who hasn't had day old room temperature hotel bacteria pizza

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I agree that finding love on the Chris-chan forums is worse than 3rd-degree hot cheese burns over your entire naked body

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Kelp Me! posted:

I agree that finding love on the Chris-chan forums is worse than 3rd-degree hot cheese burns over your entire naked body

Gah, now I have a mental image trying to figure which was more pasty white: the cheese or the bodies.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

BexGu posted:

Gah, now I have a mental image trying to figure which was more pasty white: the cheese or the bodies.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost
Will anyone ever top the guy who can't stop almost choking to death on hot dogs?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Caro

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

More like oldsaneless

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

I meant food-related.

Unless you count his starving in a Syrian prison.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

The goon who decided he was going to make it through college eating nothing but dog food and spawned an entire thread videoing themselves eating dog food to show how loving awful an idea it was comes pretty close.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Literal nightmares over the concept of carbs will always be too surreal for me.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Ghostlight posted:

The goon who decided he was going to make it through college eating nothing but dog food and spawned an entire thread videoing themselves eating dog food to show how loving awful an idea it was comes pretty close.

Somebody link this because I want to see his justification for dog food rather than, say, getting 25 lb bags of beans and rice.

Was he going to do wet dog food or dry? Turning his poop orange with Ol' Roy, or springing for the fancy poo poo that's made with actual meat?

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Literal nightmares over the concept of carbs will always be too surreal for me.

Pot calling the kettle black etc. Although I think in this case it's more like the salad bowl calling the bread pan something something.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Dog Food Challenge posted:

I made a quick table to show how many calories I can get from a bunch of different products for exactly 1 dollar.

Ramen: 537
Rice: 430
Dried Pasta: 800
Beneful Healthy Radiance: (this is for a 31 lb bag) 2046
Vitamin Supplements: NA
Tuna: 120

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
and here's the frontpage article:

http://www.somethingawful.com/comedy-goldmine/dog-food-goons/1/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fIA7ivqId8

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Pham Nuwen posted:

Pot calling the kettle black etc. Although I think in this case it's more like the salad bowl calling the bread pan something something.

I don't worry about what potatos feel like in my hands until I'm asked to pick up some while they get the bananas. I don't wake up in a cold sweat over walking into leafy branches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Dillbag posted:

Will anyone ever top the guy who can't stop almost choking to death on hot dogs?

Nah, the top tier is the dude in his twenties who was prescribed statins (cholesterol lowering medications for dire circumstances) but wanted to do the low carb diet, and also now posts a lot in the steroid thread (the Schwarzenegger kind, not the asthma kind) in TCC. Honorable mention I just remembered but can't find the post: the dude who did the low carb diet and almost drowned while doing a triathlon (or kayaking?) due to not having enough energy and almost seizing up in the water.