Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
If you have not, you should also watch Keanu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

It weirds me out when really funny sketch comedy guys split up and then make really unfunny poo poo for decades.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Snak posted:

If you have not, you should also watch Keanu.

God that kitten is just so loving cute. Watch Keanu.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Lurdiak posted:

It weirds me out when really funny sketch comedy guys split up and then make really unfunny poo poo for decades.

I always just wonder what big drama went down between them.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

DrVenkman posted:

Eh. I don't think you have to have some bad fallout for a duo to just be like "Ok, we've made enough money and had enough success that we're comfortable so lets just try to follow our own passions that we've been compromising for each other and make names for ourselves."

Like, no matter how cohesive team you are you're going to have clashes and stuff you like that he or she doesn't. And no matter how much you love someone eventually you'll get sick of being locked in a car with them.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Jordan Peele wanted to make Get Out. He wanted to focus on that aspect of his career. I'm glad he did.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

I don't get the impression that they had a falling out so much as they just achieved the amount of notoriety and pull they needed to pursue their individual interests.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Also I haven't seen Get Out but it seems kind of misleading to call that movie "unfunny."

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

DrVenkman posted:

I read an interview with them in Rolling Stone I think a couple years ago where they basically explained they got together coming up in comedy and working on MadTv but ultimately they weren't super close friends, but partners. Kind of like the Mythbusters duo.

I imagine they just thought the end of their show was a good time to move on.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
If they had a falling out, it's new to me. I mean they just made Keanu together last year. Just because they aren't constantly working together doing their sketch show doesn't mean they just didn't want to do other stuff. I mean, they did Key & Peele for what, 4 seasons? and then they made Keanu, which is a natural transition point for them to do other things. They haven't done any Key & Peele since Keanu, have they? So they made one movie, and then one of them said "Hey I would like to make another movie".

It would be real sad if they had a falling out, because they had really great chemistry and I assumed they were good friends.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DrVenkman posted:

It's usually a woman.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Arist posted:

Also I haven't seen Get Out but it seems kind of misleading to call that movie "unfunny."

It isn't a comedy. I, like I'm sure a lot of others did, assumed it would be, but it isn't. But calling it "unfunny" is misleading yeah because it isn't meant to be.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Key and Peele are thinking about doing Keanu 2, they must really hate each other

Also holy gently caress episode 4 of twin peaks. That cameo out of nowhere!

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
The first episode of S3 of Fargo is already leagues better than anything in season 2.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I mean, we all want more Tim and Eric Awesome Show but sometimes people drift apart and dreams die and we just have to try to move on.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

OldSenileGuy posted:

The first episode of S3 of Fargo is already leagues better than anything in season 2.

This is not true because while S2 was a step down from S1, S3 has completely lost my interest to the point where I didn't even finish last week's episode. May not bother with the rest of the season until it's done, either.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I haven't watched Fargo S3 yet, is the thread turning on it? Right on schedule.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Lycus posted:

I haven't watched Fargo S3 yet, is the thread turning on it? Right on schedule.

I don't follow the thread, but last I checked they still seemed mostly positive on it.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Fargo S2 is almost perfect television, IMO.

Also I literally can not believe Twin Peaks 2017. What the gently caress did I just watch, David Lynch? That was some drat good coffee.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Ewan McGregor and Ewan McGregor are really good but it seems like the show focuses more on Ewan McGregor and not really a lot of Ewan McGregor. The scene where Ewan McGregor was pretending to be Ewan McGregor was pretty fun though.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

ShakeZula posted:

This is not true because while S2 was a step down from S1, S3 has completely lost my interest to the point where I didn't even finish last week's episode. May not bother with the rest of the season until it's done, either.

Yeah I did the exact same thing. These characters are boring and I'm not invested in their problems at all.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I keep forgetting that I need to start Fargo S2 along with my other binges. The fact that its been like a month since I finished S1 and haven't felt the need to start S2 probably isn't a great sign.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I loved S1 and thought S2 was alright. Wasn't really perfection for me. *shrug*

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I enjoyed S1, but I'm not sure I loved it. There were some strong performances for sure and I don't really have any criticisms or anything.

I think part of its probably just that S1 did a good job closing its story so I felt satisfied and didn't feel the need to rush into a new story.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

IRQ posted:

I don't get the impression that they had a falling out so much as they just achieved the amount of notoriety and pull they needed to pursue their individual interests.

I wish we could've gotten a few more seasons of Key & Peele, but I appreciate that they ended things while they were on top and didn't let things spiral into unfunny obscurity.
And yeah, Keanu and Get Out were both great.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
Thanks in large part to Billy Bob Thornton, Fargo S1 was so drat good I think it broke my brain. It was like Dark Souls, every third-person RPG I played after it, I was just thinking, "drat, the combat in Dark Souls is so much better than this."

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Fargo season 3 is definitely stumbling a bit with pacing, but it still has great characters and moments and I trust it'll get better when it ramps up a bit.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Aren't Key and Peele still doing some things together? Like I thought they went off to do stuff solo, but still had some film deals as a duo to do now and then.

Also, I think Key wants to act more while Peele prefers to direct.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

swickles posted:

Aren't Key and Peele still doing some things together? Like I thought they went off to do stuff solo, but still had some film deals as a duo to do now and then.

As said upstream in the thread, they just did Keanu and are planning to work on Keanu 2.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

swickles posted:

I've seen Key in a ton of movies and TV shows and I can't recall seeing Peele in anything.

e: wait, Jordan Peele is credited in the Fargo series. I don't recall him at all.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Over the last couple years it seems like Key is pretty much up for whatever role in whatever project. I feel like I've seen him in dozens of things in greater or lesser roles. And he never really sucks or gets old, so hopefully he'll keep it up and/or find a way to hit the next level and actually star in something.

e: ^Weren't Key and Peele the FBI guys in Fargo S1? Or maybe just one of them?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo 12 Monkeys season 3. Episode 2 holy poo poo.

Holy poo poo.

Edit: I was only 5 mins in when I said that. As of 9 mins: Holy gently caress.

Snak fucked around with this message at 07:50 on May 23, 2017

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Space out your holy poo poo's... it's an intense season.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Dude it's sooóo good.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Snak caught the sickness I was warning about. 12 Monkeys is the raddest.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Go to the thread and don't scroll up...

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I mean, I've been super into 12 Monkeys since I binged the first season soon after s2 started. And I loved it from the get-go. I tried to get my bestie into it and and I couldn't get her or her bf into it, and honestly, I don't blame them: the the first half of s1 is really weak if you aren't a sf nerd who gets an "implications of time travel" boner.

But if you're me and you're religious about that that poo poo, this is the best show ever, and by season 2, where time travel is literally the central conceit of multiple religions, you're a true believer.

If I was gonna describe the current state of this show to someone, I would say "It's​ a cross between the best of Lost and the best of Sleepy Hollow, but better."

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
That's the worst example you could use. No wonder your homie bailed out.

Don't compare it to anything, it's not your strong suit. :)

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Season 2 of Neon Joe, Werewolf Hunter premiered last night on Adult Swim, he-yump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvkkhkVBhjw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
Just finished marathoning it, and wow, Black Sails s4 was really, really great. The writing was better than ever. They really tied everything up perfectly. It's going to stay with me for a while. What a fantastic final season to the series.

• Locked thread