Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Acinonyx
Oct 21, 2005

Jai Guru Dave posted:

Chuck may have hosed himself more than he realizes. Back in the pilot, it was Howard Hamlin who was trying to get Chuck to accept much less than his rightful stake...and Jimmy who insisted Chuck hold out for more. Howard isn't Chuck's friend.

We also know now though that cashing out Chuck's full share would have bankrupted the place and put everyone out on the street. It's hard to pin Howard as being a bad guy for not destroying everything so that a mentally ill rear end in a top hat could get more $$$. Jimmy was trying to stick it to Howard because he didn't realize that it was Chuck who had been black balling him the whole time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The guy who plays Howard is such a great subtle physical actor. Even when he's not talking he's such a perfect epitome of an "empty suit".

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

precision posted:

The guy who plays Howard is such a great subtle physical actor. Even when he's not talking he's such a perfect epitome of an "empty suit".

I disagree. Howard's in a difficult position, and seems to be trying to do what's best for the entire firm - avoiding liquidating Howard's shares and bankrupting the company.

An empty suit would let that mother burn, then move on to the next ship.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Yeah empty suit was the wrong term, I just meant the way he's always standing up so straight and being almost robotic in his movements. It's almost childlike.

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
I get a big kick out of the way he sharply inhales and straightens before saying or doing anything.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
I still don't know why he was awkwardly jumping over a wall in a full suit in that one episode but dang it, it was just beautiful.

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug
He had to park a block or two away from Chuck's place so Jimmy didn't know he was there when he inevitably came to destroy the tape. Hopping the fences was just part of keeping up appearances.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Antifreeze Head posted:

He had to park a block or two away from Chuck's place so Jimmy didn't know he was there when he inevitably came to destroy the tape. Hopping the fences was just part of keeping up appearances.

I think the point though is why he had to wear a tailored suit to come to Chuck's to entrap Jimmy. The funny part is that he never wears anything in public but tailored suits.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

King Vidiot posted:

I think the point though is why he had to wear a tailored suit to come to Chuck's to entrap Jimmy. The funny part is that he never wears anything in public but tailored suits.

Also, unless he was late (and Howard doesn't strike me as someone who shows up late ever), he really could have gone around and used the sidewalk. Sure, he likely would have to hurry, but no, he went through people's yards.

Don't get me wrong, I loved it though.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

King Vidiot posted:

He's basically Barney from HIMYM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiweaZQ8g5U&t=13s

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
kim and howard and nacho have made for an insanely awesome supporting cast. hopefully they'll all get leads in their next projects

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Venuz Patrol posted:

kim and howard and nacho have made for an insanely awesome supporting cast. hopefully they'll all get leads in their next projects

I am in love with Kim I want to marry her

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

The insider podcast is good but whenever Vince gets on a soapbox about "instant gratification nowadays" I wanna sock him in the gut.

He is absolutely right though

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

Cnut the Great posted:

Agreed. It was absolutely impossible to miss that it was a metaphor for Jimmy having a huge, girthy cock. Not sure what that had to do with the themes or story of the show, though. One of Vince's rare creative misfires, I guess.

fill me up chandler, put it in me

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

Voxx posted:

fill me up chandler, put it in me

Oh yeah, that's the way!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Apparently this episode runs a few minutes long, so people with DVRs, adjust accordingly.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQOca4KF1Ik

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

It's never been done!

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Community service

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
drat that's ice cold.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

GOD drat THAT loving PASSING BIG RIG FOLEY

HOOOONK. HOOOOOOOOONK

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I like how they play a preview for the new episode immediately before it airs.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
Jimmy with the hard sell here.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?
oh sweet jesus, this goober again

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Baseball card guy!

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Guess who's back again!

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
PLAYUH :allears:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Lololol mark proksch.

DO WC FIELDS

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
drat I love Nacho.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

All those locks and he has a loving sliding glass door.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Anybody else seeing this ad for Peter Popoff Miracle Spring Water? I can't believe they let this poo poo on TV.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

muscles like this! posted:

All those locks and he has a loving sliding glass door.

Haha, yeah exactly. This is easily the funniest episode of the season already, it's a nice break from the escalation of Mike into Gus/cartel territory and the harsh brother conflict.

I hope they keep this tone up, so far it's been a nice flow from funny to funny, I even liked the "I don't want to hear another thing about expenses" cut straight to Kim going over the office bills.

I bet that glass door isn't even hooked up to the alarm. Never change pharmacy guy :allears:.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Tree Dude posted:

Anybody else seeing this ad for Peter Popoff Miracle Spring Water? I can't believe they let this poo poo on TV.

Yeah that was loving weird.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Mike explaining cement work to volunteers like they're a bunch of children

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Welcome to the BB/BCS universe M.E. from SVU, always fun to see ya!

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Go home and be a family man.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Tree Dude posted:

Yeah , there was one last week too.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
You don't wanna make the same mistake, then don't get involved in whatever it is you're involved in :colbert:

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?
i've never quite understood how nitroglycerin- something known primarily for being both highly explosive and highly volatile- is used to treat sudden-onset heart conditions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Mese Verde woman is loving brutal drat. :allears:

Meanwhile Kim is too good for this awful world.

lotus circle fucked around with this message at 03:33 on May 23, 2017

• Locked thread