Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Essendons dreamtime jumper looks pretty sweet

e: huh weird looking it up its completely different to the one in the AFL sites footy feed video for the day.

snaeksikn fucked around with this message at 11:37 on May 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

snaeksikn posted:

Higgins clocked Oliver in the first quarter which started the whole thing though, if he didn't hit him in the jaw it was in the throat as it dropped the kid for a while

Salem definitely deserved the week

The mrp classified olivers jaw as a strike to the body, otherwise intentional and high gets you weeks

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
North really wants to land a big fish. Caroline Wilson says they are offering Dusty $1m a season for up to 6 years.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

realbez posted:

North really wants to land a big fish. Caroline Wilson says they are offering Dusty $1m a season for up to 6 years.

imo all these North offers are either a desperate attempt by North to stay relevant (while overrating their list) or it's bullshit spread by someone to deflect attention away from other deals.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Reckon Josh Kelly would be a good fit at the Saints? They're supposed to be out to land someone with a big contract and need some class in the middle

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Josh Kelly would be a good fit anywhere, he's 22 years old and a standout in a team of standouts

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 14:30 on May 22, 2017

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

snaeksikn posted:

Reckon Josh Kelly would be a good fit at the Saints? They're supposed to be out to land someone with a big contract and need some class in the middle

Kelly would be almost exactly what the Saints are looking for. Whitfield and Hopper at GWS would also be worth looking at for decent midfield additions. Then there's Fyfe and Martin. From a not midfield perspective I think Lever (who is rumored to be a chance to come back to Vic) would be a target as a replacement for Gilbert.

Given the Saints cash reserves and trade currency, I'd be disappointed if they didn't land a decent player this off season.

NTRabbit posted:

Josh Kelly would be a good fit anywhere, he's 22 years old and a standout in a team of standouts

Yeah, this.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Martin belongs at Collingwood imo

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Erin Phillips recommitted to the Crows for season 2018 :toot:

e: Phillips has made a commitment which will see her line-up for the Crows, while also undertaking off-field marketing and commercial activities to promote the game for the Club and League. She will remain with the Dallas Wings in a new role as Director of Player and Franchise Development.

Sweet, sweet marketing money

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 01:31 on May 23, 2017

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Mitch Wallis posted career best stats according to the team of monkeys over at champion data.

I'd take that after a year out with an injury like that

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-05-23/afl-to-suspend-players-for-gut-or-jumper-punches

Good. Great rule. I'm sure the MRP will find some way to make grey areas exist but the overall approach to 'no tolerance' is fantastic.

Cloud the Cat
Apr 21, 2010

Wasn't everyone upset with Murphy last week for yelling at an injured bloke on the ground? Why is no one upset about Higgins doing the exact same thing? Have we moved on from that now?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

The MRP already have the tools to suspend people for that and refuse to do it. Cotchin intended to punch a guy in the face, ergo you grade it intentional not careless, ergo he gets three weeks. Vince was vomiting on the bench for five minutes following Cunningtons punch, ergo its medium impact not low, ergo he gets suspended.

Even if they disagreed with that, the MRP always has the power to send a case directly to the tribunal if they believe the penalty derived from the points allocation is inappropriate.

The MRP are loving pathetic and every one of them should be ashamed, I've lost a bunch of respect for Bartel listening to his dumb bullshit trying to justify the lovely decisions he has been party to.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Cloud the Cat posted:

Wasn't everyone upset with Murphy last week for yelling at an injured bloke on the ground? Why is no one upset about Higgins doing the exact same thing? Have we moved on from that now?

Oh believe me, I'm upset. Higgins is a piece of poo poo.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

hiddenmovement posted:

Mitch Wallis posted career best stats according to the team of monkeys over at champion data.

I'd take that after a year out with an injury like that

So happy to have him back especially with how Libba fell off a cliff after Mumford sat on his head

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Interesting trade deals. Harris to Bulldogs if she goes into the draft then.

quote:

Big day for the NAB AFL Women’s Trade! 👏

New trade paperwork has been lodged with the Collingwood FC exchanging Alicia Eva and their Round 1 (selection 5) to GWS for Round 1 (selection 1) and Round 2 (selection 9).

Collingwood then on traded their Round 1 (selection 1), Round 1 (selection 4) and Round 2 (selection 12) to the Western Bulldogs for Jamie Lambert and Round 1 (selection 3).

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

drunkill posted:

I reckon we'd be better off chasing Ashmore and drafting Chloe Molloy from Diamond Creek although those in the know reckon we could secure her with pick 4. I certainly think that we could do with a bit more skill delivering the ball inside 50 although we fell apart without Brennan as a forward target and didn't turn it around until we debuted our other full forward against GWS.

edit: Dogs do have two of the first three picks in the Victorian pool and anyone trading for Harris is gonna have to cough up players since Brisbane doesn't have anyone encroaching on the Queensland pool. So at this point we are in the running for Harris unless Carlton pay big with someone like Jakobbson or Vescio.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 05:26 on May 23, 2017

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Collingwood signed a retired former Hockeyroo as well, Georgina Parker

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
Doing a placement at a primary school and today they announced the teams/sports for the sports Gala Day. They announced for the first time there would be an all girls footy team and about half the girls in the 5/6 class erupted in cheers and were so excited. Spoke to some of them later when they were working about their favourite AFL women's team and it was all super rad :3:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

drunkill posted:

Well now I'm completely confused. How do Collingwood trade picks with a team that is in a different draft to them?

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

Testekill posted:

I reckon we'd be better off chasing Ashmore and drafting Chloe Molloy from Diamond Creek although those in the know reckon we could secure her with pick 4. I certainly think that we could do with a bit more skill delivering the ball inside 50 although we fell apart without Brennan as a forward target and didn't turn it around until we debuted our other full forward against GWS.

edit: Dogs do have two of the first three picks in the Victorian pool and anyone trading for Harris is gonna have to cough up players since Brisbane doesn't have anyone encroaching on the Queensland pool. So at this point we are in the running for Harris unless Carlton pay big with someone like Jakobbson or Vescio.

Carlton already offered Jakobsson and was told +another.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

NTRabbit posted:

Collingwood signed a retired former Hockeyroo as well, Georgina Parker

Hah, she used to play on my sisters hockey team. Nice lady.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
This page continues to be great, especially when people think it is real news

Testekill posted:

I did say if she reached the draft. I assume a club will trade players for her first, but it is ultimately upto her.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

TG-Chrono posted:

Carlton already offered Jakobsson and was told +another.

So Jakobsson and a mid range player. In all honesty, Bulldogs getting pick 1 overall is probably what is going to get Carlton to pay up for Harris as us having two super early picks means that we could easily go Harris with the first pick and then the player that we had rated highest or second highest as the fourth pick.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Rumours are Jakobsson was the one who knocked back the Brisbane deal, despite being open to heading to Qld in the first place.

Turns out Melbourne now want her.

quote:

A three-way deal between Melbourne, Carlton and Brisbane could finally see Lions forward Tayla Harris land at the Blues.

It’s believed the AFL has rejected two deals put to the Lions for Harris, but Harris and the Blues still haven’t given up.

The AFLW exchange period is expected to heat up from noon today.

Carlton forward Bianca Jakobsson was originally part of the exchange for Harris, but it’s now believed Jakobsson wants to join Melbourne.

This change of heart could see the Demons trade a player and a pick to Carlton for Jakobsson.

The Blues could then deal with Brisbane for Harris.

Blues are also interested in Dees Deanna Berry, who might make the trade for BJ.

Really hope we didn't piss off BJ with trade talks, lifelong carlton fan and wouldn't want to see her leave, even for Harris imo.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Brayshaw is out indefinitely to get advice from neurologists etc, I'm glad.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
A reminder for your tips - always secure your loads and make sure no debris falls by the wayside.

Wait, that's the wrong leaflet.

Finding Geelong v Port a bit hard to pick to be honest.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

A reminder for your tips: Melbourne. Not even once

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Solemn Sloth posted:

A reminder for your tips: Melbourne. Not even once

But it's their home game, against weak opposition, and they are expected to win handsomely ...

No, you're right.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
what's with the thursday night game this week

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

strap on revenge posted:

what's with the thursday night game this week

No idea but I think we get Thursday night footy for the next month or something.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Match of the round this weekend, 1 v 2

Sam Reid's Achilles vs Enviousity in the Goon Golden Spoon

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 10:03 on May 24, 2017

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Two days left of AFLW trade period and I really want to know the full story with Carlton and Brisbane discussions over Tayla Harris down the track.

quote:

It’s understood Brisbane had originally requested the talented Hosking twins — Jess and Sarah — in exchange for Harris, but the netball converts were less than interested in a move north.

Carlton then shopped around Bianca Jakobsson as a potential trade, but it’s understood the utility knocked back Brisbane’s advances, despite originally hailing from Queensland.

The trade has now come to an impasse, meaning Harris could opt to enter the draft if she remains determined to play for a Victorian club.

6 hours later...

CARLTON has pitched Brisbane a new offer in its latest attempt to secure Tayla Harris before the end of the AFLW trade period.

Foxfooty.com.au understands the Blues have offered the Lions emerging forward Bella Ayre and potentially a secondary player in a package deal for the Brisbane star.

Ayre, 18, was Carlton’s third draft pick in the inaugural AFLW draft and played for the Blues while completing year 12 this season.

Brisbane looks set to offer Ayre a job at the club to fill the void left by Harris.

Carlton have not publicly re-signed any players from the 2017 list, no doubt keeping things close to their chest to offer as trade bait for Harris until the deadline. Only (public) signings have been new recruits, although no doubt most of our top players will have already signed.

drunkill fucked around with this message at 10:09 on May 24, 2017

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

The AFL doesn't want a mess, and they also don't want all the talent to drain out of the non-Victorian teams 1 year into the comp due to double the take home available in Victoria, thanks to all the bonus money thrown around by 9, TripleM, SEN, et al for the new media jobs.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Then they should make the draft national, give COLA for players moving interstate in trades and triple the wages of AFLW players until the new teams come in and the season is lengthened in 2019 when pay goes up again.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

drunkill posted:

Then they should make the draft national, give COLA for players moving interstate in trades and triple the wages of AFLW players until the new teams come in and the season is lengthened in 2019 when pay goes up again.

And yet

https://twitter.com/cleary_mitch/status/867300594523881472

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

I think the rumor is that Carlton and the Tigers are heavily into him. The Lions coach wasn't overly confident about keeping him when asked about it on 360 the other night.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

This is the guy who, 1.5 years ago, was the absolute best choice for Brisbane to take at pick #2, because not only was he a super talent, he was also never going to leave the Lions.

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
What is the solution to every draftee walking out on Brisbane after two years? Give them all a 25% "Cost Of Playing In Brisbane Allowance".

COPIBA will save the Lions from permanent irrelevancy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Yeah but they're not just walking out on Brisbane either, they're walking out on Gold Coast and the Giants too, it's just less noticeable because they have a hundred each - the hottest prospect shopping himself around this year is Josh Kelly, and it's not like the Giants are anchored to the bottom of the ladder, lacking in money, and mired in off field troubles. Jake Lever from Adelaide, Zak Jones from Sydney are also 22 year olds shopping themselves.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 11:48 on May 24, 2017

• Locked thread