Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

i wonder how the forums rewrite is going

based on the quality of posts lately itt, i bet its going really goood!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

cis autodrag posted:

did you seriously just tell a transgender person objecting to transphobic jokes she is doing "performative wokeness"? gently caress off rear end in a top hat. when people say lovely things about caitlyn jenner they're attacking the rest of us too.

no one cares.

people don't suddenly become beyond reproach because they match your brand or identity. that's how you end up with people like Cosby.

also: you're trans?!?!?!?

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

creationist believer posted:

there should be a punishment for liking lovely posts, like if you are the only person who likes a post after 40 new posts in the thread you get banned

Richard can't afford to give out anything for free

This is a very good idea! Thank you for sharing it! We could also implement a 'dislike' or 'hate' button to posts. Too many hates will result in giving the poster and auto red title, a probation, or ban, depending on the number of hate votes. This would be a good idea to assist morderators in their duties.

Will someone please add this to the wiki? I don't have a link to it :)

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

no one cares.

people don't suddenly become beyond reproach because they match your brand or identity. that's how you end up with people like Cosby.

also: you're trans?!?!?!?

you can dislike caitlyn jenner without attacking her for being trans

just like you can dislike bill cosby but calling him the n word is still not ok

he's not bad because he's black, he's bad because he's a rapist

she's not bad because she's trans, she's bad because, idk kardashians or some poo poo? never been clear on that tbh

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

A Pinball Wizard posted:

she's not bad because she's trans, she's bad because, idk kardashians or some poo poo? never been clear on that tbh

super-fygm republican.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
Caitlyn Jenner likes Ted Cruz and is an insane moron who actively strives to makes the world a worse place for people who aren't hundred millionaires. This is an attack on all trans people.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
The current search is garbage and can't pick up partial words/urls.

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice

emoji posted:

Caitlyn Jenner likes Ted Cruz and is an insane moron who actively strives to makes the world a worse place for people who aren't hundred millionaires. This is an attack on all trans people.

cool thx for clarifying

that's still not an excuse to go all "trannies be cutting they dick off" on her

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
was caitlyn jenner used to a award winning cyclist???

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

A Pinball Wizard posted:

cool thx for clarifying

that's still not an excuse to go all "trannies be cutting they dick off" on her

did I miss the part where that happened in this thread? all I saw was a "caitlyn jenner is terrible" statement and then a bunch of projected intent

imagine saying "Milo is terrible" and that being construed as an attack on all gay people.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

did I miss the part where that happened in this thread? all I saw was a "caitlyn jenner is terrible" statement and then a bunch of projected intent

yes this argument literally started because someone objected to "caitlyn jenner cut her dick off" jokes in a comedy routine and the response was "tbf she is terrible"

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

An attack on the forums rewriters is an attack on us all. Richard you have my swooord

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

does anybody even know how the forums rewrite is going?

is there a place for updates

or do we just hope Rich has not abandoned us

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice
we are moving to xenforo op, as soon as lowtax saves up enough from hi paper route to get the archives imported

what would even be the point if we couldn't bring along 300 cjs threads

yellow borders
Jan 7, 2010

i think its going pretty good, op

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

value-brand cereal posted:

or do we just hope Rich has not abandoned us
he hasn't posted in a month so what to you think.

We're at the correct point in the Lowtax cycle. Maybe he'll pop in again this year, maybe not

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

echinopsis posted:

was caitlyn jenner used to a award winning cyclist???

she's now an award winning trump voting attention seeker who doesn't look as good as she thinks she does lol

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
how can anyone doubt the forums are getting better? 🤷🏾‍♂️ we have the best posts on the intranet here in this here thread😬

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

akadajet posted:

she's now an award winning

good, go on

akadajet posted:

trump voting attention seeker

nice, keep it coming

akadajet posted:

who doesn't look as good as she thinks she does lol

No.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
i think the forums rewrite is going, going, gone

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
i wonder what the forums would be worth these days if lowtax wanted to sell them to someone looking to take a more active role in monetizing then. might not be as active as they were but the brand is still a recognisable one and the user base is super dedicated. gotta be a p deece few figgies there if he wanted a final payday to concentrate on his let's play career

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

He could prolly pull a sweet four and a half figgies

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

the forums are probably worth 250k if we're being extremely generous and if the buyer doesn't do any due diligence

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

funny Star Wars parody posted:

the forums are probably worth 250k if we're being extremely generous and if the buyer doesn't do any due diligence

p much. this community is too toxic for most advertisers. rich has said as much himself. and it's hard to sell poo poo to goons, who famously take pride in hating everything.

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
i will buy anything you put on my screen

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

akadajet posted:

she's now an award winning trump voting attention seeker who doesn't look as good as she thinks she does lol

at least 5 years before she came out/transitioned, family guy made a joke that bruce jenner was not a man, but "a beautiful east german woman"

makes u think

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
family guy is the worst

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

echinopsis posted:

family guy is the worst

its bad

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

echinopsis posted:

family guy is the worst

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/boring_as_heck/status/264033177176248321

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

echinopsis posted:

family guy is the worst

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

Fun Shoe
it loving blows dong

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
aaaaahhhhhhhhhh

*hiss*

aaaaahhhhhhhhhh

*hiss*

aaaaahhhhhhhhhh

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

otoh american dad is pretty good for a FOX cartoon that isn't futurama

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

it has @realpatstew but this has somehow become the thread for bagging on mcfarlane so no

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

funny Star Wars parody posted:

He'd be lucky to get 100k for it. I don't blame him for not selling when they bring in just enough to pay the monthly nut and you've got free employees.

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

He should do some sort of ESOP/community equity optioning. It'd be great to get a fractional penny from every leper colony re-reg.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

i'll keep that in mind the next time im thinking i want to watch a fox cartoon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

eric posted:

He'd be lucky to get 100k for it. I don't blame him for not selling when they bring in just enough to pay the monthly nut and you've got free employees.

goon project: buy the forums

• Locked thread