Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

Is Warrior of Light BSB any good? I got it on the Combat Lucky. Disclaimer - I already have a ton of Holy BSB's, including Agrias, Beatrix, Firion, Minfilia, and Cecil. No TG Cid though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
Killed the duo. What an intense fight and the music was amazing, maybe the only good thing that ever came from TAY.

Orlando, Celes, OK, Ysh, Ramza. RW wall.

Close call though. Ramza died when the second wall fell and Orlando ran out of abilities after 20 casts of lifesiphon and tempo flurry.

E:

Cador_2004 posted:

Asura and Leviathan, on the other hand are assuredly as difficult as the Aeon battles. Anyone looking to beat them will want Tauntaliate and Runic at a bare minimum. Definitely consider bringing 2 healers for this one.

This is probably the safest winning strategy. Runic eats the nasty single target black spells and especially dispel and tauntaliate hurts them a ton as they like to throw punches.

Neutral Zone Trap fucked around with this message at 15:07 on May 22, 2017

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

bilperkins2 posted:

Is Warrior of Light BSB any good? I got it on the Combat Lucky. Disclaimer - I already have a ton of Holy BSB's, including Agrias, Beatrix, Firion, Minfilia, and Cecil. No TG Cid though.

Better than Cecil's, at least. Entry is just vanilla holy damage + enholy like Cecil's, but CMD2 is an AoE that buffs his defense like Shield Bash, and CMD1 is a slightly weaker but infinite-use Guardbringer that caps out at 5 hits.

If nothing else, any of the people you mentioned will absolutely adore having a shield that gives +holy, especially if you don't already have Basch's Platinum Shield.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

That campaign thing that appeared on Facebook is still coming as a separate event from those 75 mythrils announced in the app right?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I think im gonna not bother with the gem pulls. Been getting 3* every time :\

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Just Mastered the Eidolons. My team was pretty well-stacked for it since I had both Indomitable Blade and Ingus' Tauntaliate combo. I had to RW Shout, so my offense dropped significantly during the last 30-40% of Leviathan's health, but I had a lot of DEF-debuff stacking (Ark Blast and Keeper's Tome) and Prayer of the Lost's crit boost to carry me home. Honestly the opening was the toughest bit, where I needed to get Protect + Gaia Cross and maybe Slowga up and not have anyone die.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

I've been saving my mythril for realms where I need synergy. Right now that is FFX, as I don't have a single unique AoE Cure, Hastega, or even relic above an SSB. Apparently I have most of Braska's stuff though. Anyhow, the recent Tidus LCSB seemed like a good banner to pull.

First 50 mythril: High Summoner's Robe x 2. Meh.
Second 50 mythril: Magician Mog, High Summoner's Robe x 2. Really?
Third 50 mythril: Magician Mog x 2, High Summoner's Robe. gently caress off.

Looks like this game really doesn't want me to have any fun FFX relics. Still beat all the ultimates, so I guess it doesn't matter.

With my final 100 mythril I decided to just chase a relic I really want. Guess what came out yesterday? A repeat of my favorite character's OSB. I already have every one of Paladin Cecil's swords and excellent FFIV synergy in general, so chasing a luxury relic is about as ill-advised a use of mythril as I can think of. After my FFX experience I was feeling a little bitter, and what else am I going to do with the mythril except spend it? Nothing else until the next fest is remotely appealing. Here goes...

Holy poo poo is that a DISCO ORB?!?!

HELL. YES. The last single relic I chased was Platinum Sword, and it took me over 800 mythril and over a year to finally get it. This is a wonderful surprise.

Now my Holy Team is ridiculous and consists of:

Paladin Cecil with OSB, BSB, SSB
Agrias with BSB, SSB1, SSB2, SB
Ramza with BSB, SSB1, SB1, SB2
Eiko with BSB, SSB1 or Aerith with BSB, SB2
Basch with BSB, SSB1, SB1 or Hope with OSB, SSB1

This is satisfying.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

KataraniSword posted:

Better than Cecil's, at least. Entry is just vanilla holy damage + enholy like Cecil's, but CMD2 is an AoE that buffs his defense like Shield Bash, and CMD1 is a slightly weaker but infinite-use Guardbringer that caps out at 5 hits.

If nothing else, any of the people you mentioned will absolutely adore having a shield that gives +holy, especially if you don't already have Basch's Platinum Shield.

I already have a 6* and a 5* Platinum Shield, so it's not a big boon, but it does give me a third so i could run three, or i could combine the 6 and 5*'s to make a 8*.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Combat draw: 1x Auron BSB, 1x Cloud BSB (dupe)
Summoning: 1x Rinoa OSB, 1x Seymour BSB

Not bad for a pair of lucky draws.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

1st AD posted:

Combat draw: 1x Auron BSB, 1x Cloud BSB (dupe)
Summoning: 1x Rinoa OSB, 1x Seymour BSB

Not bad for a pair of lucky draws.

As someone who also pulled Seymour BSB on the lucky, I was wondering how is it usually used. The multipliers for its commands seem unusually bad, should I hone Dark Zone or Ultima Weapon to use with it instead?

I have Raines BSB, so it'll probably be useful, just not entirely sure how much of an investment it'll take / is worth.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

KPC_Mammon posted:

I have Raines BSB, so it'll probably be useful, just not entirely sure how much of an investment it'll take / is worth.

The exact opposite, really - you have Raines BSB, so its only utility is as an imperil. The commands as you noted, are kind of poo poo (CMD1 is -aja tier, roughly, CMD2 is Quake/Ruinga tier) with useless (CMD1) or highly unreliable (CMD2) status procs. I mean, sure, if something can be Instant Deathed, you're set. Otherwise it's just a cruddy burst held up by being Dark. Absolutely hone up Ultima Weapon if you intend to use Seymour, but honestly it may not actually be worth it.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

KataraniSword posted:

The exact opposite, really - you have Raines BSB, so its only utility is as an imperil. The commands as you noted, are kind of poo poo (CMD1 is -aja tier, roughly, CMD2 is Quake/Ruinga tier) with useless (CMD1) or highly unreliable (CMD2) status procs. I mean, sure, if something can be Instant Deathed, you're set. Otherwise it's just a cruddy burst held up by being Dark. Absolutely hone up Ultima Weapon if you intend to use Seymour, but honestly it may not actually be worth it.

Yeah, it sounds like it might not be worth leveling him up and honing dark zone just for the imperil. Thank you for the confirmation!

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I think im gonna not bother with the gem pulls. Been getting 3* every time :\

I've come to the same conclusion. They really need rolling gatcha for the 100 gems to make them worthwhile

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
100 gems stops being worth it after you get to a stage where you need good stuff and not stuff in general. I stopped doing them because now almost every time I DO get something off one it's just a booby prize anyway. So why get nickel n dimed off them like that? I only do them when I have like 75+ cents on google rewards nowadays.

I did get Zell's BSB off it once though. That was my best thing. Before that it was GIlgamesh's Genji Blade when it came out.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

After having issues with pubbies I decided to just face Cagnazzo alone (and abuse his first two turns for some hit-and-run action). It was refreshing to try out my super-buff team for the first time, getting everyone at or near the soft caps for magic (even Yuna, who was healing) to rush the boss down rather than deal with the herding of cats that high-level multiplayer can sometimes be.

Along those lines, how do BSB buffs (+20% to most stats, +10% instead to SPD) interact with the offensive buff softcap of x2.5? I know that things like Sentinel and Protect bypass the corresponding defensive buff softcaps, but I dunno if the BSB buff is treated in the same way.

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009

KataraniSword posted:

Don't underestimate Imperils, though. Dealing up to 40% extra damage without much effort plus double meter gain is huge if you center your team around one or two anchor BSBs. It means your main DPS can easily keep up their BSBs and potentially weave in an OSB/SSB to boot.

In general Imperil BSBs will always have pretty terrible DPS but if you're willing to go all-in you can make some stupid strong teams.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

NGDBSS posted:

After having issues with pubbies I decided to just face Cagnazzo alone (and abuse his first two turns for some hit-and-run action). It was refreshing to try out my super-buff team for the first time, getting everyone at or near the soft caps for magic (even Yuna, who was healing) to rush the boss down rather than deal with the herding of cats that high-level multiplayer can sometimes be.

Along those lines, how do BSB buffs (+20% to most stats, +10% instead to SPD) interact with the offensive buff softcap of x2.5? I know that things like Sentinel and Protect bypass the corresponding defensive buff softcaps, but I dunno if the BSB buff is treated in the same way.

Burst mode gets treated like most other stat buffs, applied multiplicatively and subject to the soft cap.

superloosegoose
Dec 26, 2008
I got some goodies from that free 20 mythril and the 2 lucky draws:

Mutsunokami (Cyan/VI/Katana/SSB) - 4 hit phys aoe, party magic blink
Chaos Blade (Gabranth/XII/Sword/SSB) - 4 dark aoe, high interrupt, passive dark damage up
Staff of the Magi (Arc/III/Staff/BSB) - 5 hit white holy, cura medica, 30% MND [CMD 1 - ultra cure] [CMD 2 - medica]
Dagger of Resolve (Garnet/IX/Dagger/BSB) - 3 hit aoe holy/lightning [CMD 1 - ultra cure] [CMD 2 - 2 hit aoe lightning/holy], passive lightning damage up
Magician Mog (Lulu/X/Doll/SSB) - 4 hit aoe ice, enIce, passive ice damage up
High Summoner's Staff (Braska/X/Staff/SSB) - 7 hit summon aoe fire/non, enFire, passive fire damage up

Gabranth's Helm (Gabranth/XII/Helm/SSB) - 5 hit aoe dark, enDark, passive dark damage up
Thief Costume (Rikku/X/Light Armor/SSB) - party 30% ATK/MAG, remove delay from next 2 actions

In other words, I got some great elemental up gear that I sorely needed. I can now have both slots for mages for fire and lightning. I was really psyched about those two dark ups, but apparently loving leon can't wear helms which would've made him so nasty with his BSB. The only dark bsb's I have are leon and jecht, and neither can use that helm... I'm so loving a lightning up dagger with nice mag... Ashe will now be so nasty.

How the heck do I beat the 220 difficulty asura/leviathan duo thingie?

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Fister Roboto posted:

Burst mode gets treated like most other stat buffs, applied multiplicatively and subject to the soft cap.
Both soft caps, though? I'm making a distinction here between the absolute soft caps for certain stats (806 for ATK, 1056 for MAG) and the relative soft caps that limit how much those stats can be buffed (x2.5 for ATK/MAG/MND, x4.5 for DEF/RES).

Edit: Certain status effects, such as Protect/Shell/Sentinel, bypass the relative soft caps to allow for spiking your defenses in certain circumstances (such as boosting Guardbringer). And thus I was wondering if the BSB buffs did the same thing. If they did, I'd get +211% MAG (rather than +159% to those without BSBs with four +30% buffs running) to everyone in the party who had a BSB running. If not, I'd instead get +170% MAG (rather than that same +159%) to those with BSBs.

NGDBSS fucked around with this message at 02:47 on May 23, 2017

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
We're getting the Celerity/Support Lucky Banners tomorrow.

Just as a summary, before Fest hits, we might be getting:

6 Nightmare Banners (50+100 Mythril)
1 Dungeon Update (25 Mythril)
3 Fest Luckies (75 Mythril)

That's a 250 Mythril Drain right before the fest (and I'm gonna cave and pull on all of them)

If you're planning on pulling on all Lucky Banners, it's time to start counting your Mythril.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

pichupal posted:

If you're planning on pulling on all Lucky Banners, it's time to start counting your Mythril.
well that was fast

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

pichupal posted:

That's a 250 Mythril Drain right before the fest (and I'm gonna cave and pull on all of them)

Unless there's a surprise Mythril Giveaway besides the 10 from the Gysahl Exchange and the 50 from the Special Login Bonus, I'll probably only stick to the Dungeon Update, the Imperil and the Burst Lucky Draws...

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

NGDBSS posted:

Both soft caps, though? I'm making a distinction here between the absolute soft caps for certain stats (806 for ATK, 1056 for MAG) and the relative soft caps that limit how much those stats can be buffed (x2.5 for ATK/MAG/MND, x4.5 for DEF/RES).

Edit: Certain status effects, such as Protect/Shell/Sentinel, bypass the relative soft caps to allow for spiking your defenses in certain circumstances (such as boosting Guardbringer). And thus I was wondering if the BSB buffs did the same thing. If they did, I'd get +211% MAG (rather than +159% to those without BSBs with four +30% buffs running) to everyone in the party who had a BSB running. If not, I'd instead get +170% MAG (rather than that same +159%) to those with BSBs.

The stat cap doesn't directly have anything to do with buffs. Nothing in the game can bypass it. But like I said, burst mode is just a normal stat buff.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Yeah, the only buffs in the game which bypass the buff stacking softcaps are Protect and Shell.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Ugh, terrible news.

Well, I desperately need more/better support relics since my only pentabreak is on Barrett, and I need a support burst. So that'll be 25 for Support, 50 for VIII in the hopes of Squall/Irvine BSB, and then I guess 25 for Burst Lucky and see if I have anything left for the fest.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I think I have 25 mythril to my name right now. Oh no.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

If you've still got realm dungeons left, you'll be able to grind out some mythril pretty easily with the next DU, assuming half stamina with DUs is just a regular thing going forward.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
The Celerity draw is actually pretty great. Vaan BSB, Edge SSB2, Lion BSB, Tidus relics, etc.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

This game has been aggressively mocking my attempts to save for Extreme Fest lately.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

This game has been aggressively mocking my attempts to save for Extreme Fest lately.

It must be a ploy to make us buy gems for the festival.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Joke's on them, I'm constantly poor because I'm a goon who can't stop buying pulls! Ha. Hahaha. Ha...hahah...:smithicide:

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

$29 pull for 1/11 would probably make me kill myself. I could buy two final fantasy games for that price. $10 for 1/11 and I probably would be in the same boat though.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

RagnarokAngel posted:

It must be a ploy to make us buy gems for the festival.

And this is why I'm getting frustrated at people who talk about banner awareness as a huge boon that global gets.

Because it turns into this weird game of paranoia where a company can't do anything different without being accused of sabotaging attempts to pull on [insert Huge Whalebait Banner here]. Or if we miss things, it turns into "why didn't we get it", which I'll even admit to subscribing to now and then. (Though this thing with the BRA*BRA collabs always getting a bunch of new poo poo is getting a bit ridiculous.)

How would everyone react if we didn't get the Extreme Fest lucky draws because we got these? What if there was no Extreme Fest at all?

That reaction is the mindset this poo poo fosters.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Actually dog I really don't care about a phone game I just mindlessly throw mythril at poo poo I think is cool.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Is this the part of the discussion where we smugly contest over who cares the least, about this game we've probably spent hundreds of hours on now?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Attestant posted:

Is this the part of the discussion where we smugly contest over who cares the least, about this game we've probably spent hundreds of hours on now?

Naw I didn't mean it that way. I was saying i didn't actually think it was some weird conspiracy and I'm definitely in the pro DeNA camp.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Having the global info advantage is nice but I'm sure it hurts the bottom line for sales in this region since everyone can ration their mythril and are rarely surprised by a must pull banner where they can only use gems

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.

pichupal posted:

There goes my mythril. I'm gonna pull on all of these, leaving maybe two pulls for the actual fest. Curse you DeNa.

Two pulls if I skip the Squall BSB2 banner. And Cloud USB. I don't like this decision I have to make for a phone video game.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

You guys should keep in mind that a White Magic and Black Magic lucky banner are all but guaranteed for later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Habs 2006: Cristobal Persuasion

Alxprit posted:

You guys should keep in mind that a White Magic and Black Magic lucky banner are all but guaranteed for later.

The white one might be a little easier to pass up knowing there's a Curaga+ LD coming up, but I still only have one healer burst so I'm inclined to go for it. I really hope we get some MC3 crystals this fest because I blew threw my stash last anniversary and still haven't caught up.

• Locked thread