Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
im not against making jokes about tragedies but you need to actually be funny about it and not just be a grown-rear end man using death to take shots at a pop star you dont like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Rinkles posted:

What the hell are you basing this on?

No one pays attention to him outside the few times someone spreads a dumb thing the pathetic loser said.

His streams were so sad I almost felt a little sorry for the guy for not being a bit more self aware, until I realized he was also a piece of poo poo.

Now the entire internet knows who he is. Top five most famous. He did it

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Tweet was deleted and I also had no idea who he is

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Elyv posted:

Tweet was deleted and I also had no idea who he is

But some joke about here name is still up, so I'm wondering what was deleted?

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Grey Hunter's next target.

The tweet in question.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Incidental bugs form weird interactions breaking your special cases I can understand, but like, this is literally the second thing I'd put into a unit test for this card. It's essential. Boo.

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Grey Hunter's next target.

It used to work correctly. I have no idea how they broke it.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Rogue0071 posted:

It used to work correctly. I have no idea how they broke it.

They probably don't either, you sound like you should be working for them

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Rogue0071 posted:

The tweet in question.

What the blue buggering gently caress.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

See what you're missing?!

The Primetime was the second cascade but my opponent hates fun for some reason.

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

suicidesteve posted:

They unbanned Primetime online?

Edit: Wow, I hadn't really checked the delta between the paper and online banlists and poo poo is crazy. Big Emrakul, Prophet of Kruphix, Recurring Nightmare, loving Leovold.

Papa Was A Video Toaster fucked around with this message at 05:06 on May 23, 2017

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

suicidesteve posted:

Psh, that's nothing, I just picked up my second 3-0 with the red LD deck in the Gauntlet leagues and am tied for most trophies, I'm having way more fun than you.

Wait, no, no I'm not. Why am I playing this bullshit when I could be playing Big Wildfire to win the game with my opponent on zero cards in play? Seriously my opponent is going off with Jar when I'm playing the Wildfire deck, even if I get a turn three Wildfire my opponent has four mana in Artifacts and one land!

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Hellsau posted:

Psh, that's nothing, I just picked up my second 3-0 with the red LD deck in the Gauntlet leagues and am tied for most trophies, I'm having way more fun than you.

Wait, no, no I'm not. Why am I playing this bullshit when I could be playing Big Wildfire to win the game with my opponent on zero cards in play? Seriously my opponent is going off with Jar when I'm playing the Wildfire deck, even if I get a turn three Wildfire my opponent has four mana in Artifacts and one land!

why do you keep playing this format

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

little munchkin posted:

my local store has started posting the top decks on facebook after their weekly modern night. it owns because you see the meta stuff like eldrazi and scapeshift but they place next to tezzerator and warp world elves. ill try and post tonight's here

1st Place Tezzerator
2nd Place Death and Taxes
3rd Place Gifts Storm
4th Place Jeskai Control
5th Place Saheeli Combo
6th Place Living End
7th Place Eldrazi Tron
8th Place R/B Moon
9th Place Skred
10th Place Abzan CoCo
11th Place Bant Knightfall

Molybdenum posted:

I'd love to see a modern tezzerator list with whir and artifacts that aren't ruined by stony

1 Breeding Pool
4 Darkslick Shores
1 Darksteel Citadel
2 Island
1 Misty Rainforest
4 Polluted Delta
4 Spire of Industry
1 Swamp
2 Watery Grave
3 Collective Brutality
3 Ensnaring Bridge
2 Inquisition of Kozilek
4 Mishra's Bauble
4 Mox Opal
3 Pentad Prism
1 Pithing Needle
2 Relic of Progenitus
4 Serum Visions
2 Sword of the Meek
3 Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas
3 Thopter Foundry
2 Welding Jar
4 Whir of Invention
Sideboard:

3 Abrupt Decay
1 Countersquall
1 Ethersworn Canonist
1 Grafdigger's Cage
2 Herald of Anguish
1 Lost Legacy
1 Maelstrom Pulse
2 Radiant Flames
1 Surgical Extraction
2 Thoughtseize

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Elyv posted:

why do you keep playing this format

I started playing Magic when Nemesis came out, some of these decks are really fun. They're just intentionally chosen so that many of the decks have clear mistakes in card choices because they're playing a totally different standard format - the Stompy and LD decks are apparently metagamed to crush the Morphling deck while losing to the combo decks that had been banned out.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Any one trying out Kefnet in Standard as a 1 of? Seems good in the mirror and horrible against aggro, but I'm usually wrong about these things.

Foma
Oct 1, 2004
Hello, My name is Lip Synch. Right now, I'm making a post that is anti-bush or something Micheal Moore would be proud of because I and the rest of my team lefty friends (koba1t included) need something to circle jerk to.
Blowback to bad tasteless twitter joke seems disproportionate... nothing new here.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

DangerDongs posted:

Any one trying out Kefnet in Standard as a 1 of? Seems good in the mirror and horrible against aggro, but I'm usually wrong about these things.

I think a deck top 8ed this weekend doing that

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Foma posted:

Blowback to bad tasteless twitter joke seems disproportionate... nothing new here.

If someone wants to joke about dead little girls maybe they should wait longer than 3 hours???

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Foma posted:

If twitter is any indication he is going to have a lot of issues doing any freelance writing again. CBS, yahoo, and whoever else that ever bought his writing is getting bombarded. CBS has already made statements.

Dude hosed himself over bigtime. Even though far-fetched, this incident could see tv time due to his small affiliation with news outlets.

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive

Foma posted:

We're in the age where people post stuff a lot more tame than his post and the company they work for gets publicly called until they fire them. Joke or not, he may have just tanked his writing career, there will most likely be a big backlash and people will probably start bugging / spamming the publications he writes for telling them that they will boycott them if they continue to employ him as a writer.

Edit: looks like Sickening beat me to it

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4532418/CBS-writer-s-vile-joke-attack-Ariana-Grande-show.html

https://twitter.com/David_Leavitt/status/866881104866930688

Dude's career is getting gangbanged and he is just meme'ing away. I can almost respect that.

Nahh

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
side of the cyberpocalypse

Sickening posted:

Dude's career is getting gangbanged and he is just meme'ing away. I can almost respect that.
I think he's in shock.

It kinda reminds me of this story of a CEO killing an entire jewelry retailer with a bad joke.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Foma posted:

If he wanted to make a tasteless joke about a tragedy he should have paid his :10bux: for relative anonymity.

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 06:36 on May 23, 2017

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Veyrall posted:

I think he's in shock.

It kinda reminds me of this story of a CEO killing an entire jewelry retailer with a bad joke.

https://twitter.com/Bourdain/status/866848214829244418

Can't wait for the gems we find tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/tweettruth2me/status/866866675781652480

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

From reading that article it sounds like his career was entirely made up. Everyone he claims to work for says otherwise.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

suicidesteve posted:

From reading that article it sounds like his career was entirely made up. Everyone he claims to work for says otherwise.

There was at least one article that CBS had on their website after the tweet that someone found. Big websites will buy stories for pennies to put out content, any content.

Foma
Oct 1, 2004
Hello, My name is Lip Synch. Right now, I'm making a post that is anti-bush or something Micheal Moore would be proud of because I and the rest of my team lefty friends (koba1t included) need something to circle jerk to.

Veyrall posted:

I think he's in shock.

It's more the next “Going to Africa. Hope I don’t get AIDS. Just kidding. I’m white!”

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/15/magazine/how-one-stupid-tweet-ruined-justine-saccos-life.html

I think we should stop dogpiling people so hard, but I don't care enough to tweet it out publically :)

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive

Sickening posted:

There was at least one article that CBS had on their website after the tweet that someone found. Big websites will buy stories for pennies to put out content, any content.

Yep - not an employee but an independent contractor that is being compensated for content

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

https://twitter.com/RealJamesWoods/status/866829019328593920

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
The dude didn't have a writing career, it's completely made up. The only thing he got out of it was promotional consideration from Hot Pockets.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

oh no, an SEO jackass who was constantly trying underhanded poo poo to get hits and followers had his SEO career ruined!!! what have we become, my empire of dog piling a shithead

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

one of the tweets he made is fine, it's an exercise to the reader to figure out which

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
oh lol i clicked on the link, that girl is a trump supporter, no wonder she thinks that one was bad

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

mandatory lesbian posted:

oh lol i clicked on the link, that girl is a trump supporter, no wonder she thinks that one was bad

The one about Ariana Grande sounding like something you order at Starbucks, said as a joke by your mother's incredibly lame 40 year old boyfriend who has a ponytail while you cry your eyes out for them not letting you buy the $1000 Ariana Grande concert tickets, I mean I'm fifteen LARRY I'm almost an adult!

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

I broke the format guys.

Choke in the 7 island deck to beat the 20 island deck obviously

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

suicidesteve posted:

I broke the format guys.

Choke in the 7 island deck to beat the 20 island deck obviously

Is the format really so degenerate that you could maindeck poo poo like Choke? Because that's actually awesome.

e: wait is 1v1 commander best of 3? Is there sideboarding?

e2: and to answer my question, LSV's got a Baral league recording up.

https://www.channelfireball.com/videos/channel-lsv-1v1-commander-baral-chief-of-compliance/

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I've only ever played Disrupt in Mental Magic (where it's probably the best card), and I want to play that deck just so I can Disrupt someone and run out the rest of my clock doing various dances around the room

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Hellsau posted:

Is the format really so degenerate that you could maindeck poo poo like Choke? Because that's actually awesome.

e: wait is 1v1 commander best of 3? Is there sideboarding?

e2: and to answer my question, LSV's got a Baral league recording up.

https://www.channelfireball.com/videos/channel-lsv-1v1-commander-baral-chief-of-compliance/

The best deck by a huge amount is Baral. Tasigur/Leovold is probably 2nd. Vice President Jace is probably 3rd. Unfortunately Blood Moons are $20 compared to $1 for Choke so I've only got 2 of those decks covered. The deck I'm playing really only loses to a pile of counters from these decks, and Choke does a pretty good job of stopping that. I considered a Boil too but I think that's a bit much. I can still make use of my tapped islands with a few of my planeswalkers, at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Dang it is absolutely hilarious that this David guy is an MTG streamer.

People have made bad Twitter jokes about tragedies before (Anthony Jeselnik built his brand off of doing it), but I've never seen anyone get flamed for doing it as hard or by as many people as this guy. Idk what sort of writing career he had before, but he's finished now.

fadam fucked around with this message at 08:20 on May 23, 2017