Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Matt Wisler isn't ugly, he just has terminal murderface. He's still kind of cute from the right angles. :unsmith:

Julio Cruz posted:

Jerry Blevins: good at pitching, not good at looking human

he's also 6'6" and 190 which makes him look even less human in person

No way, Jerry Blevins is crazy redneck-hot, and that curveball is sexy as hell. I'd have to give it to Addison Reed, who is also very adept at pitching but looks like a serial killer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
We're not trying to sell jeans here guys.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Does the manager count?

Namely his old batting stance?

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Cubs call up Rosscup, option Floro back to Iowa.

Rosscup has been middling in AAA so far this year but that's mostly a product of a 16.7% HR/FB ratio. His peripherals are solid as hell: 39.7 K%/4.8 BB%/2.78 xFIP, so hopefully he's finally put it together and the Cubs have another reliable lefty out of the pen.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

Not active though—Braves aren't terribly freakish this year but you could go Collmenter, who looks like an extra-sexist Mad Man bit player, or maybe Bonifacio who is an only slightly demented gnome.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Oh hey, just saw Alex Gordon is on paternity leave. Hope some time away from the game helps him out because my God his season is ugly.

Oh, never mind, he's going to be back on Wednesday. Well congrats on the kid anyway Alex.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Ahaha, this article: D-backs' Collmenter looking for love in Australia

and this picture

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

A woman I know thinks Josh Collmenter is practically the platonic ideal of man. Even Kris Bryant didn't sway her.

EDIT: Also https://twitter.com/MLBRosterMoves/status/866767884285992960

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 22:29 on May 22, 2017

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Does anyone remember that site that had weekly or maybe daily updates of goings on in baseball but they were set to what were basically chat rooms or text chains?

I remember them being hilarious

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Inspector_666 posted:

A woman I know thinks Josh Collmenter is practically the platonic ideal of man. Even Kris Bryant didn't sway her.

Anibal gonna make some International League players look like loving studs.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Joey Freshwater posted:

Does anyone remember that site that had weekly or maybe daily updates of goings on in baseball but they were set to what were basically chat rooms or text chains?

I remember them being hilarious

https://web.archive.org/web/20061118132819/http://www.progressiveboink.com/dugout/archive/dugoutb6-28-05-2.htm

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

RIP The Dugout

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

God drat

Thanks

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

And thank you for bringing Jon Bois into our lives.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

bring back fjm and the dugout

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Ken Tremendous is a national treasure.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Inspector_666 posted:

Apparently Anibal asked for this himself so he could fix his mechanics. What a good move by him.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Good Dog posted:

No longer on the Angels, back to Salt Lake.

They should not have put this man's head in the dryer.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Hand Knit posted:

They should not have put this man's head in the dryer.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Inspector_666 posted:

Kris Bryant's alright but way overshadowed by Javy, imho.

As far as actual baseball goes, I'm using the Mets & Marlins off-day to watch the Yankees and it feels nice.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
This thread has taught me that YTM and I have very different taste in baseball dudes.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Rand alPaul posted:

Apparently Anibal asked for this himself so he could fix his mechanics. What a good move by him.

That's funny, my dog once asked to be moved to a nice farm upstate. Haven't seen him since, wonder how he's doing...

Agreed though, nice to see Ani make the offer. Of course, he's still getting paid the full $17m...

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Pretend I photoshopped judge's Jersey onto the monster from Goonies for ugliest player on the Yankees

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Julio Cruz posted:

This thread has taught me that YTM and I have very different taste in baseball dudes.

Seriously, d'Arnaud? He's not even the handsomest catcher on the Mets.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Goodpancakes posted:

Pretend I photoshopped judge's Jersey onto the monster from Goonies for ugliest player on the Yankees

YOU STOP THAT.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Goodpancakes posted:

HEY YOU GUUUUUUUUUUUUYS *blasts homer*

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

James Loney has asked for and has been granted his release by the Braves.

I guess when you realize you've been upstaged by Matt Adams, it's time to move on.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

He was my second choice so I'll allow it

Correct

Looks like Donaldson and Tulo are starting with Dunedin tomorrow so their returns are finally coming. Thank god

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Aaron Judge can't be Yankees Sloth because Shelly Duncan will always be Yankees Sloth.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
Am I crazy to want James Loney at first instead of Chris Carter? The homers are not occurring enough to justify Carter being in the lineup.

I feel like Loney could provide more than.205/.295/325.

This may be because Loney absolutely murders the Yankees but sometimes its best to get your arch nemesis on your side.

After looking this up, Loney vs NYY in '16 isn't as bad as I felt:

.353/.353/.412

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
What is it about Texas baseball players and horribly ugly facial hair?

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Dunno if he's still around, but Ronald Belisario was a recent player who was perhaps the ugliest man ever in MLB.

Beller
Apr 9, 2009

MrMojok posted:

Dunno if he's still around, but Ronald Belisario was a recent player who was perhaps the ugliest man ever in MLB.

How dare you try to rob Ezequiel Astacio of his title.

Dingleberry Jones
Jun 2, 2008
If I'm posting a new thread, it means there is a thread already posted and I failed at using the forum search correctly
Obviously Dansby at one, but how can you not have Bartolo at 2? I mean, his nickname is Big Sexy!

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice
Who was that UIF who always looked like one of the Universal monsters, ranging from vampire-to-wolfman?

Fake edit: It was Jamey Caroll

/noisily devours goat

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://twitter.com/cjzero/status/866834985419931648

Full clip

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 04:55 on May 23, 2017

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Holy poo poo, a balk that is, you know, not some weird rear end corner case.

And yeah, that's the reaction to expect.

Death Vomit Wizard
May 8, 2006
Bottom Feeder

Goodpancakes posted:

Actually...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Jesus, even his ears are the same shape. IT'S UNCANNY.

• Locked thread