Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I was really annoyed when my brother broke my ipod. Had the thing for like 5 years and it was great for keeping in my car.

Refurb ones expesnive?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

BlindSite posted:

I was really annoyed when my brother broke my ipod. Had the thing for like 5 years and it was great for keeping in my car.

Refurb ones expesnive?

Nah, got an 80gb with completely new case, battery, wheel and I think screen for $159. Looks brand new and is from a dude in the US.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

ATTN SA2K

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Chichevache posted:

Oh word? You can get fired from welfare?

I've decided that as a former mod you're actually the anti Adolf.

Hard to make ends meet without that hefty mod paycheck

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I decided to sell my car for a newer car. Car goons, I need a super basic car that's reliable and cheap to fix whenever I don't fix it myself. No frills, just need something that gets me from point a to point b. Is a Yaris worth it? It keeps popping up in my search.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

No Irish Need Imply posted:

I decided to sell my car for a newer car. Car goons, I need a super basic car that's reliable and cheap to fix whenever I don't fix it myself. No frills, just need something that gets me from point a to point b. Is a Yaris worth it? It keeps popping up in my search.

P sure the AI thread always defaults to a mazda 3 or a mazda 6 here.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I considered reading AI but they take cars very seriously and I just want a basic bitch car.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I considered reading AI but they take cars very seriously and I just want a basic bitch car.

have you considered a mazda miata

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

I considered reading <subforum> but they take <subject of subforum> very seriously

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

I have never had complaints with my Corolla. If you buy a certified pre-owned car that was just returned from a two year lease its only about 15k on >30k miles.

to be fair we might know the least about football of any subforum on SA

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i forget who said it or where i read it but someone once posted that AI treats cars like SH/SC treats computers and that is very true

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Now discuss how PI treats pet stores.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Alaois posted:

i forget who said it or where i read it but someone once posted that AI treats cars like SH/SC treats computers and that is very true

not sure what that means

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

They have car autism

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I have never had complaints with my Corolla. If you buy a certified pre-owned car that was just returned from a two year lease its only about 15k on >30k miles.
I have a Corolla and will likely go back. But poo poo I'll save an extra 3k on a Yaris if it ain't bad.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I have a Corolla and will likely go back. But poo poo I'll save an extra 3k on a Yaris if it ain't bad.

Checking US News and World Report, the Honda Fit and Chevy Sonic are both higher rated than the Yaris and about 1k cheaper

https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/rankings/subcompact-cars

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, as a fellow basic bitch car driver, the Corolla is the definition of it, but if you want cheaper, Hyundai's are pretty much just as reliable now, but a few grand cheaper and come with a bit more amenities.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Can't really go wrong with a Honda civic/accord for basic and reliable.

They're expensive, but durable, and hold their value well.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I just got a Jetta, they are pretty nice.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
get a moped

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

get a yugo mother fucker

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Just buy a new G-Wagon if you're looking for an affordable beater

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

My wife has a Camry and nothing ever goes wrong with it

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Diqnol posted:

I just got a Jetta, they are pretty nice.

Sorry about your defeat device

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Diqnol posted:

They have car autism

Tercel Incels

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The best part of buying a used car is you sometimes get hilariously stupid things.

Like I bought a used Corolla in '06. The person I bought it from had purchased the sports package for it, which consisted of the tiniest spoiler and a single thin I guess racing stripe down the sides of the car. It was also tawny brown.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Sorry about your defeat device

Seems like it only applies to the diesel engines bruh

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Lol "rugs" in the crossword

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Re: car chat, I would love a Jeep Wrangler but I legit had no idea how freakin' expensive they are. Maybe when the time comes where my Corolla finally shits the bed I can find one at a good price (lol).

Also, it's my kids last day of school today and I am so jealous :smith: Summer vacation was like the best thing ever as a kid.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Mel Mudkiper posted:

get a yugo mother fucker

Or a trabant

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I was considering buying an electric car because my office has a charging station but we're about to move to a new place without one so poo

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

weird Asian candy posted:

Re: car chat, I would love a Jeep Wrangler but I legit had no idea how freakin' expensive they are. Maybe when the time comes where my Corolla finally shits the bed I can find one at a good price (lol).

Also, it's my kids last day of school today and I am so jealous :smith: Summer vacation was like the best thing ever as a kid.

Why I hope one of the companies I have options in can be worth something at some point -- so I can downgrade the salary to teach some kind of computer class in high school or some poo poo and have summers off again like my wife who's a teacher.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

There is an AI thread specifically for recommending people what car to buy, including (especially, as by far the most common request) a basic car that will be reliable and affordable to maintain.

The trick is that it's in A/T
AI meets BFC: Car Buying Thread: No Rentals and No Salvage Titles

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

We test drove a Wrangler but man those things are not really practical at all for a daily driver. It would be a fun secondary car but I couldn't imagine driving one every day. We bought a Grand Cherokee instead and it's nice.

My kid finishes up Thursday and yes, I too am jealous.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Neil Armbong posted:

Why I hope one of the companies I have options in can be worth something at some point -- so I can downgrade the salary to teach some kind of computer class in high school or some poo poo and have summers off again like my wife who's a teacher.

That would own! If you can do it, you should. What an amazing benefit! Good luck to you

wandler20 posted:

We test drove a Wrangler but man those things are not really practical at all for a daily driver. It would be a fun secondary car but I couldn't imagine driving one every day. We bought a Grand Cherokee instead and it's nice.

Ah no poo poo? I have never driven one, I just have always thought they looked fun to drive. Can you explain why it is not really practical? Is it just not comfortable or really built for anything other than a fun secondary car? I can kinda see that.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Leperflesh posted:

There is an AI thread specifically for recommending people what car to buy, including (especially, as by far the most common request) a basic car that will be reliable and affordable to maintain.

The trick is that it's in A/T
AI meets BFC: Car Buying Thread: No Rentals and No Salvage Titles

Leperflesh, the SHODAN of SA

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Ah no poo poo? I have never driven one, I just have always thought they looked fun to drive. Can you explain why it is not really practical? Is it just not comfortable or really built for anything other than a fun secondary car? I can kinda see that.

Not comfortable at all, rough ride, loud, driving down the interstate feels like the hood is going to fly open, hard to see your surroundings. I'm sure you could get used to it but I wouldn't want to deal with it daily. With that said, I would totally buy one to screw around with as a weekend car.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

I drive a Lesbaru Outback wagon. In the gay grey color too. This baby flies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

wandler20 posted:

Not comfortable at all, rough ride, loud, driving down the interstate feels like the hood is going to fly open, hard to see your surroundings. I'm sure you could get used to it but I wouldn't want to deal with it daily. With that said, I would totally buy one to screw around with as a weekend car.

Also don't they roll at the drop of a hat?

• Locked thread