Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Dexo posted:

My Bulls fandom comes with a complementary Bucks one so I'm set

Edit

https://twitter.com/NESN/status/866405713433833472

:laffo:

hahahha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
the great ones tell tristan thompson's penis "not today"

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Who holds the Morey Bitcoin?
https://twitter.com/dmorey/status/866835779594715136

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Well it's been five years so that bitcoin has probably been split up and used in countless crimes since then

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
Congrats Predators!

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Zogo posted:

You could take the entire fourteen other EC teams and build a team from the best and they'd still lose to LBJ and this team.
Jimmy Butler, Isaiah Thomas, Kyle Lowry, Giannis Antetokounmpo and Jonas Valanciunas will lose.

If that guy being stopped by the cops had started waving a gun around he would've been shot a few dozen times at least. The people taking video from decks above in the car and gun shot video could've sniped them easily I suppose.

Some people think all good vs. bad gun encounters look like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEFPcljAXgs

Smart was the worst FG shooter in the entire league this year too. According to my calculations if the NBA required everyone to go bald the league ORtg would go up a point or two.

Do you think Kyle Lowry Paul George Jimmy Butler Giannis and Whiteside with a bench of John Wall, Bradley Beal, Jae Crowder, Khris Middleton, Marcus Morris,, Joel Embiid, and Myles Turner could beat the cavs

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

chunkles posted:

Well it's been five years so that bitcoin has probably been split up and used in countless crimes since then

I looked it up and it's worth $2200 which is less than 1/2 off a GPMT (gregg popovich memphis tip)

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
The official smilie of the NBA Playoffs is now :thunk: please update your posting accordingly

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

NickRoweFillea posted:

The official smilie of the NBA Playoffs is now :thunk: please update your posting accordingly

I'm super excited to use this on the first appropriate Tae post.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Lockback posted:

I'm super excited to use this on the first appropriate Tae post.

The possibilities are endless

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

:thunk:

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
i think the future is bright in san antonio

year 1 post duncan and 7 new players on the roster and we lost in the western conference finals

there's a lot of talent and a lot of promise on this roster

i think next year they're going to come out with a fire inside

go spurs go

RaySmuckles fucked around with this message at 04:52 on May 23, 2017

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

He's been so bad. Looks absolutely scared of shooting the ball. I swear I saw him take a wide open fadeaway jumper.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Remember when the Spurs got Aldridge and people were freaking out at the thought of that power team

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
He was getting doubled hard as the primary option against one of the best defenses in the league. As a second option the team has averaged 64 wins a season in his first two years. I dunno, LMA is fine by me

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

illcendiary posted:

He was getting doubled hard as the primary option against one of the best defenses in the league. As a second option the team has averaged 64 wins a season in his first two years. I dunno, LMA is fine by me

He had a great game 1 when they weren't doubling him

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

BROLIC

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

RaySmuckles posted:

i think the future is bright in san antonio

year 1 post duncan and 7 new players on the roster and we lost in the western conference finals

there's a lot of talent and a lot of promise on this roster

i think next year they're going to come out with a fire inside

go spurs go

illcendiary posted:

We lost two major pieces of the team in the playoffs. I'm very happy with this year. Can't wait for next year.

That said GO CAVS GO!!!

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Ammanas posted:

He had a great game 1 when they weren't doubling him

And did well against a crappier defense in Houston too. I dunno, feel like in today's NBA you can spend $20 mil in worse ways.

Also god drat didn't realize the D&M brand was that brolic

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Yeah, LMA is still a good player. I think the Spurs looked bad because their MVP level guy wasn't there. Also, their point guard.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Why is John Wall benched for IT and Lowry on east super teams

He's better than both

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Lockback posted:

Yeah, LMA is still a good player. I think the Spurs looked bad because their MVP level guy wasn't there. Also, their point guard.

Both of whom open up LMA's game and prevent doubling

I think even if Parker and Kawhi were healthy the Warriors win the series, but it would have gone to 6, 7 games and they all would have been competitive. A bit too much is extrapolated from game 1 against a team that hadn't played basketball in like a month.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Definitely agree. I think it's a 6 game series with Spurs fully healthy. Rockets series should've taught people not to extrapolate after Game 1

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/ThompsonScribe/status/866864747265785856

Oh, word?

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

:thunk:

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Ah, there you have it, we were better all along. Kevin who? Well gotta go see ya

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
I won't lie and say I'd rather have played against a healthy Kawhi, but yeah, I think we still would've won, and it's a huge shame we didn't get a chance to prove it.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Can't stand that motherfucker god drat

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Brave of Lacob to dictate that Durant can't play in the finals to prove his better team theory

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Ungratek posted:

Why is John Wall benched for IT and Lowry on east super teams

He's better than both

By what metric

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

By virtue of not being the worst defender in the NBA, one could argue

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
https://twitter.com/TheDirtySports/status/866852831655022592

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

AggressivelyStupid posted:

By virtue of not being the worst defender in the NBA, one could argue

If you wanna be an idiot and just dismiss IT that's fine, explain Lowry

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Wall is a complete pg, a strong offensive player and a downright excellent defender

I'd definitely take Wall over Lowry

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Lowry I can't, he's a big poop idiot in the playoffs. I'd rather John Wall than IT though no contest

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Also saying IT is an extremely bad defender isn't even a stretch. It's probably the most factual thing I've ever posted

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Lowry I can't, he's a big poop idiot in the playoffs. I'd rather John Wall than IT though no contest

I'd think a lot more of John Wall if he could shoot threes at an average clip but I like Russ more than anything so that's a hollow criticism I guess

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Also saying IT is an extremely bad defender isn't even a stretch. It's probably the most factual thing I've ever posted

Who said that? And Isaiah is so much better of a scorer that any relevant stat has him as more valuable than John Wall, regardless of defensive woes

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Lockback posted:

He's fine as a secondary option but people thought when the Spurs locked him up it was a sure bridge to another dynasty. Instead you've got James Harden Killer Manu and Pau another year older and you were giving David Lee a good chunk of playoff minutes. Kwahi is a great centerpiece but that team has a bunch of questions around it and Aldridge is one of them. He's got a funky by modern standards game that hasn't grown a ton and good defensive teams can gameplan around.

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 05:36 on May 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Cool Buff Man posted:

By what metric

Bias mostly, but I think he fits in a Super Team better because of his speed and passing

• Locked thread