Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe

Neurosis posted:

if anyone wants a good but depressing read on the outlook for integration I recommend Douglas Murray's 'The Strange Death of Europe'. He's a really good writer and put a lot of effort into putting together a coherent narrative behind the shifts that have been happening in Europe since the post-ww2 rebuilding period.

Thank you for this. I will check it oot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
well whatever I'm headed off to starbucks to get a grandeo mocha latte hellfuckers

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Don't blow anyone on your way.

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax

It was because of Palestine and Bu$h. Very problematic to insinuate that Islam and gender-based violence are connected imho.

OctaviusBeaver
Apr 30, 2009

Say what now?

But huffpo told me that Muslims are the true feminists!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/gabby-aossey/muslims-are-the-true-feminists_b_9877692.html

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Zahi
Jun 4, 2009

bent

Michael Bayleaf posted:

The extremists think that's a good thing because it leads to the end of the world. it's a literal death cult

I don't think the US blowing a few trillion to vaporize some desert folk even further into the stone age because a scant amount of Euros got into a tragic plumbing accident would be much of a blip in the history books for any country that mattered in the future.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

what, by breaking off from the EU and voting in the most conservative government since thatcher?

ok independent, they will

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax

im the stock photo of ariana grande making the "are u serious rn?" face

OctaviusBeaver
Apr 30, 2009

Say what now?
If only there was some middle ground between drone strikes and mass Islamic immigration. But there isn't, it's one or the other and we have to choose.

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

Zahi posted:

I don't think the US blowing a few trillion to vaporize some desert folk even further into the stone age because a scant amount of Euros got into a tragic plumbing accident would be much of a blip in the history books for any country that mattered in the future.

That's never gonna happen, manufacturing will get too expensive in china and the big corporates are going to need a whole other third world region to take advantage of.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Zahi posted:

No, instead we just financed a 10 year $350 billion weapons deal with Saudi so they can that for us.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

The comment sections on the UK news sites (the few that actually allow comments) are pretty......angry.

I usually see people telling people to lay off the threats, but tonight I'm just seeing the likes pile up on those comments.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Don't worry the feminist will protect their fair maidens.

poo poo nevermind guess your hosed girls no one can protect you anymore.

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:

OctaviusBeaver posted:

It's routine for dozens of people to die in stampedes in the UK:

I wonder (I can't bear to look) if in their quest for alternative root causes, anyone cited the stampede at the Future concert in Brooklyn just two days ago as an example? Or would this have veered too close to logic and reality?

Marv Hushman fucked around with this message at 11:16 on May 23, 2017

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
You know they really targeted the concert because there would be high production value cameras rolling. That's free high quality terror footage.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Colonel Cancer posted:

Poor guy doesn't have half a chance to have a normal life after this horrifying injury.

He could wear a hat. I hear hats are all the rage online these days. Support your teams, etc. Though I wouldn't blame this guy if he just sort of barricaded himself in his house like it's some sort of fortress though. It's a scary world out there

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

spacetoaster posted:

So what's the "best" reaction? They stop immigration and try to enforce some kind of integration policy?

I dunno, follow the example of another religious figure and turn the other cheek? Try not to invade or meddle in the politics & stability of other countries, so if they collapse into hellish civil war they at least can't (rationally) blame us for loving with them? Disengage with the clash-of-civilizations, engage with the slow westernization that slowly makes people feel like they'd be a lot better in more liberal nation, and gently caress it they can't all emigrate so they might as well throw out the emirs and try for something better at home? (And while we're at it, keep the western world looking great by rolling back the inequality that's making our half of the world look more like their half of the world, ruled by a fraction so rich they're kings in all but name?)

Basically, look at every major decision we've made in the last 16 years and do the opposite?

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

This sucks

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 26 hours!
Look's like the IRA is back baby.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Klyith posted:

I dunno, follow the example of another religious figure and turn the other cheek?

That is taken out of context from a larger writing and doesn't mean what you think it means.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Klyith posted:

I dunno, follow the example of another religious figure and turn the other cheek? Try not to invade or meddle in the politics & stability of other countries, so if they collapse into hellish civil war they at least can't (rationally) blame us for loving with them? Disengage with the clash-of-civilizations, engage with the slow westernization that slowly makes people feel like they'd be a lot better in more liberal nation, and gently caress it they can't all emigrate so they might as well throw out the emirs and try for something better at home? (And while we're at it, keep the western world looking great by rolling back the inequality that's making our half of the world look more like their half of the world, ruled by a fraction so rich they're kings in all but name?)

Basically, look at every major decision we've made in the last 16 years and do the opposite?

Remember. Don't fight back against Islam. The bombings should be ignored. Go about life as usual. There is nothing wrong.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
where's that idiot that was telling a bunch of people in the Trump thread that we were scared to post in D&D

because I would like to tell him, again, that D&D is a dumpster fire and "D&D regulars" on average skew way past retarded

between that thread and whinging that avshalom was perma'd for making posts about assassinating a sitting President it has to be clear to normal people just how hosed up that subforum is, it's not even cute or funny anymore

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

spacetoaster posted:

The comment sections on the UK news sites (the few that actually allow comments) are pretty......angry.

I usually see people telling people to lay off the threats, but tonight I'm just seeing the likes pile up on those comments.

I guess blowing up a bunch of young girls tends to upset people in some weird primal way. Not me, though, I'm too civilized

de_dust
Jan 21, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

spacetoaster posted:

So what's the "best" reaction? They stop immigration and try to enforce some kind of integration policy?

Yes lol

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

lol the comments on that independent article are spicy

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

VikingSkull posted:

where's that idiot that was telling a bunch of people in the Trump thread that we were scared to post in D&D

because I would like to tell him, again, that D&D is a dumpster fire and "D&D regulars" on average skew way past retarded

between that thread and whinging that avshalom was perma'd for making posts about assassinating a sitting President it has to be clear to normal people just how hosed up that subforum is, it's not even cute or funny anymore

I'm still super salty about all my D&D probs. :colbert:

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Blue Raider posted:

lol the comments on that independent article are spicy

post 'em you lazy turd

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I'm so sick of these alive people thinking it will never happen to them. So enlightened living in their own rear end in a top hat that they won't even try to consider the side of some poor person who lost a loved one today, who may have also had the nerve to want to do something about being blown up before this happened.

The piece of poo poo writing this doesn't even stop to think what it would feel like for someone to write an "eh, so what" article if anything like this touched their life. gently caress you, Andrew Buncombe.

smug n stuff
Jul 21, 2016

A Hobbit's Adventure

spacetoaster posted:

That is taken out of context from a larger writing and doesn't mean what you think it means.

I am genuinely curious what you mean by this.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

Klyith posted:

Actually, I talked this over with Satan and we agreed that the right course of action is to put more boots on the ground. Conquer Syria properly instead of these halfassed drone strikes we're doing

Then build huge american/european mosques all over the place with your own religious recruiters who hog up all the youth before ISIS and then create a holy muslim army that muslims from all over the world want to join. Then use that army to police the middle east

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Snatch Duster posted:

post 'em you lazy turd

quote:

They are directly attacking the younger demographics for the purpose of outbreeding us, and becoming dominant in our society. It is time to take a stand, the democratic process won't help. We are given a choice between a tyrant who wants to arrest people for the wrong opinions, and a Communist who doesn't want the country to have borders or a means of defense. We need to stop relying on the system to save us, we need to stop being domesticated slaves.

quote:

We need to start seeing ourselves as a group, as an ethnic group, we are English, we are Scottish, we are Welsh, and we are white! And it is we specifically who are under attack, and unless we can find solidarity again, and realise that we have a right to exist, to our own native lands, to our own heritage, and to our own culture, we will fail.

quote:

Murdering young girls and women is as low as you can go. Islam is a sick cult that should be banned and all Muslims should be deported. No Muslims, No Murders of Innocent people. Gutless liberals are destroying western civilization. Which liberals would be happy if their daughter just got murdered or maimed by flying nails? According economist Martin Armstrong a full out Islamic/Christian War could happen by 2034 from a cyclical perspective.

quote:

There is no god.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

The Human Crouton posted:

I'm so sick of these alive people thinking it will never happen to them. So enlightened living in their own rear end in a top hat that they won't even try to consider the side of some poor person who lost a loved one today, who may have also had the nerve to want to do something about being blown up before this happened.

The piece of poo poo writing this doesn't even stop to think what it would feel like for someone to write an "eh, so what" article if anything like this touched their life. gently caress you, Andrew Buncombe.

The byline says New York he's not even British lol

Of course he wants them to sit still and take it: probably nobody he knows is at risk.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

Snatch Duster posted:

Remember. Don't fight back against Islam. The bombings should be ignored. Go about life as usual. There is nothing wrong.

we did fight back against terrorism, it was called the Iraq war, it lasted over a decade, and it made everything a lot worse - especially for europe

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Fartbox posted:

we did fight back against terrorism, it was called the Iraq war, it lasted over a decade, and it made everything a lot worse - especially for europe

iraq war wasn't not about terrorism and everyone knows it.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
so really though is it okay to troll d&d and if not, why not, because holy poo poo

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

thats some good poo poo

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Fartbox posted:

we did fight back against terrorism, it was called the Iraq war and it made everything a lot worse

No, the Iraq war was against fascism and Saddam or, as Time Magazine called him, "The New Hitler."

Afghanistan was against terrorism.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Code Jockey posted:

so really though is it okay to troll d&d and if not, why not, because holy poo poo

mods will ban you because its supposed to be serious, so no trolling. Also, you can't post there if you aren't a hilltard or communist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.
I wanna hear snatch dusters patented and foolproof plan for beating terrorism lol

• Locked thread