Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Josh Lyman posted:

Apparently you haven't either because it was actually referencing The Wild One. :ssh:

Haha poo poo, I don't know how I got those confused.

edit: gonna leave it there as a monument to my shame

Grizzled Patriarch fucked around with this message at 06:34 on May 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
When Bobby saw Laura's picture and started crying with that music swell, it really felt like old Twin Peaks again.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

God I love the FB group so much

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Krinkle posted:

Why did they do this. I'm so confused. This was awful.

They did it because it was amazing

glasses-idiot
Oct 23, 2014

please stop yelling at my pregnant wife

bobkatt013 posted:

They did it because it was amazing

Seconded. I loved every minute of that.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

I didn't like it and I got real mad not getting the joke. Being told it's a wild one brando parody I'm still mad. I'm gonna go be mad some more.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Krinkle posted:

I didn't like it and I got real mad not getting the joke. Being told it's a wild one brando parody I'm still mad. I'm gonna go be mad some more.

Also with some Godfather

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

The REAL Goobusters posted:

I've been meaning to watch Wild at Heart since I never seen it, is it any good?

That really depends on how much raging Nic Cage you can handle.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Wild at Heart always felt like Lynch's take on Troma movies to me. Willem Dafoe is just as out of his loving mind in it as Hopper was in Blue Velvet.

Real talk: I would like nothing more than for Lynch to now jump back into his abandoned Residents TV show set in a carnival.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

samu3lk posted:

One thing I noticed is that in the Black Lodge, Coop has a pin or a badge or something on the lapel of his jacket. After he emerges and takes Dougie's place, it's gone.

I couldn't quite make out what was on the pin and I want to know where it went. Could just be a continuity error, to be fair.

It's a FBI pin. He had it throughout the original series when he was in uniform and so do his colleagues.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Haha poo poo, I don't know how I got those confused.

edit: gonna leave it there as a monument to my shame

And I thought it was a reference to Easy Rider II: the ride back!

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

caligulamprey posted:

Real talk: I would like nothing more than for Lynch to now jump back into his abandoned Residents TV show set in a carnival.

They actually made one of those 90s FMV games out of that and it is Lynch as all hell: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRlYFI4hhfs

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

And I thought it was a reference to Easy Rider II: the ride back!

The Sky was crystal clear, just like 9/11

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
One day I'll watch Easy Rider 2. Preferably in the next season of MST3K.

Arach
Oct 3, 2003

Dive! Dive! Di... are you diving yet?
Grimey Drawer

PoshAlligator posted:

Lynch has been watching too many memes. Couldn't help but think of this when watching, so I made the dumb thing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Drz6MNUigMU

:discourse:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Alright, I'm now in the lovely string of episodes. Can I just skip the obviously lovely scenes like Nadine in high school and Leo/Shelley/Bobby?

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

I've not had a chance to watch 3 and 4 yet. But oh my god. It's pure unadulterated Lynch and it's wonderful.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Josh Lyman posted:

Alright, I'm now in the lovely string of episodes. Can I just skip the obviously lovely scenes like Nadine in high school and Leo/Shelley/Bobby?

It's honestly impossible for someone to answer this with absolute certainty, because the revival episodes are completely bugfuck nuts and it's impossible to predict whether something like the Super Nadine plotline and its resolution will end up being extremely important or never even alluded to

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Shoehead posted:

Hi
James was never cool

I just needed to say that

That might have been the best knowing nod in the premiere. Everyone knows that James is the opposite of cool.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Related to the original series, can we all agree that "She's DEAD! Wrapped in PLAStic!" is one of the greatest line readings of all time?

It's definitely up there with "HellllllOOOOOOoooooo!"

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Krinkle posted:

I'm a complete idiot, because I completely forgot the Brando thing. This is especially bad since...

bobkatt013 posted:

Also with some Godfather

This is one of my favourite movies.

It was funny, now it's really funny.

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
I was worried about a slew of newcomer actors trying to ham up the quirkiness of their acting because they're on Twin Peaks, but all the performances are perfectly fine and natural so far.

Well, there is Wally Brando.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

It just struck me.
Did Lucy and Andy name their son after a dead bird?

GeekyManatee
Jul 12, 2011

cptn_dr posted:

It just struck me.
Did Lucy and Andy name their son after a dead bird?

Is Wally typically a nickname for "Waldo"?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The Wally Brando thing worked because it fit the tone of the original and was funny. One just hopes Lynch and Frost know not to do it more than once, though. I highly doubt they would. So it's just as weird, and wonderful, as Cooper standing on a metal cube in the middle of space with a woman with no eyes or Eraserhead Tree.

Hansen85
Nov 11, 2009
Wally will totally end up with Shelly's daughter.

Hansen85 fucked around with this message at 20:12 on May 23, 2017

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
I only just noticed the floor pattern in the black lodge is rotated 90° from what it was in the original. Possibly just to drive conspiracy theorists mad.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

GeekyManatee posted:

Is Wally typically a nickname for "Waldo"?

In my experience, yes. See Where's Wally vs Where's Waldo

Duel
Jan 27, 2005

Wally is a unique character but still fits in really good in the location of Twin Peaks.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
I'm missing Badalamenti and bored, so for fun I wanted to see if a scene without music would work with music, and I think it does. Maybe the music will return when Coop does.

Duel posted:

Wally is a unique character but still fits in really good in the location of Twin Peaks.

Yeah, it's pretty understood that there's something not right with him, like his parents and everybody else in the whole drat town.

Duel
Jan 27, 2005

I miss Badalamenti too and kind of hope the music (along with his new work) returns when Coop's memory kick in, and having him taste coffee at the end of episode 4 did the trick.

The music fits in at most scenes at the general location of Twin Peaks and its Police Station, but not anywhere else. As long as they don't overuse it like in season 2 it'll still work on an emotional level.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Rhino announced that there will be 2 music releases for this in September. One is the score, and the other is songs from the different artists featured in the show.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Ok, so if both episodes 3 and 4 are streaming but haven't aired, does that mean that there'll only be a new episode available to everyone in 3 weeks, instead of next week?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

precision posted:

Related to the original series, can we all agree that "She's DEAD! Wrapped in PLAStic!" is one of the greatest line readings of all time?

It's definitely up there with "HellllllOOOOOOoooooo!"

"thEREs a FISH! In the percoLATOR!"

I love him

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Ok, so if both episodes 3 and 4 are streaming but haven't aired, does that mean that there'll only be a new episode available to everyone in 3 weeks, instead of next week?

I believe so. 3&4 air next week, the next new ones a week after that. Sky, at least, haven't said that 5 will be available for streaming after 3&4 air.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

CottonWolf posted:

I believe so. 3&4 air next week, the next new ones a week after that. Sky, at least, haven't said that 5 will be available for streaming after 3&4 air.

Oh, both 3 and 4 will air next week? Ok, that's better than what I expected. Do we know if it'll always be two episodes at once, or is that just for the first 4?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Just for the first 4.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

yeah just for the first four.

Le Saboteur posted:

Haha friggin Eugene from The Walking Dead just walks through a scene quickly delivers a line and is gone.

John Ennis from Mr. Show is just sitting at a slot machine, I don't think he even had a line

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

The Berzerker posted:

John Ennis from Mr. Show is just sitting at a slot machine, I don't think he even had a line
Uhhhh, he had the best line!
HelllOOOOOOoooooo!
It was the inspiration for Coop to copy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I never saw this announced anywhere but there's a second book being released once the new series is over: http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/twin-peaks-the-final-dossier-mark-frost-book/