Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

We would he warn of what he was going to do? Seems more likely to be fake to me

jake posobiec is a moron lol

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

:stare:

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

serious gaylord posted:

The police have specifically asked people not to speculate on who it was so what do the media do?

Good thing American media doesn't take orders or listens to Brits anymore aye. Right into the harbor with your requests.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

a) This is really poo poo and bad.

b) May must be breathing a huge sigh of relief right now. The manifesto won't ever be mentioned again.

c) This is grim but I don't understand the logic of bombing a concert whilst people are leaving it.

What did Phillip Schofield do?

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

#Machester

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Never forget

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Steve2911 posted:

c) This is grim but I don't understand the logic of bombing a concert whilst people are leaving it.

Lots of easy targets in a confined area? Much easier than trying to get explosives into the arena past security.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

ukle posted:

Pictures of the possible bombers twitter -

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/866822158357594112

His twitter is now disabled. Worryingly hope his handle is not anything to do with West Yorkshire, as many of the towns and cities there are potential areas for disturbances.

this dude writes for an incredibly right wing news source who hold an ardent anti-immigration line of policy and is basically on par with infowars for credibility

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

oval office. Don't give her the oxygen of spreading her hate around.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Steve2911 posted:

What did Phillip Schofield do?

Apparently too much of a coward to perpetuate the Final Solution

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Katie's Hopkins makes me feel safe, as a Jew living abroad. Yup, things always go well for people like me when there's talks of final solutions.

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

Oberleutnant posted:

oval office. Don't give her the oxygen of spreading her hate around.

There is hate and their is calling for a 'final solution', even for her its a step up to be openly calling for genocide. That has to fall foul of the hate speech laws.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Steve2911 posted:

People aren't really crammed together at pop concerts these days, plus the lobby is open for parents collecting children so you don't need to pay to get in there.

Whoever this guy was he was a nutter who had planned his poo poo really well, right down to killing the people Islamic extremists hate most, young women with the freedom to attend public gatherings. It remains to be seen if he was an Islamic extremist or somone who wanted everyone to think he was one.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

learnincurve posted:

People aren't really crammed together at pop concerts these days, plus the lobby is open for parents collecting children so you don't need to pay to get in there.

Whoever this guy was he was a nutter who had planned his poo poo really well, right down to killing the people Islamic extremists hate most, young women with the freedom to attend public gatherings. It remains to be seen if he was an Islamic extremist or somone who wanted everyone to think he was one.

That makes sense.

Again, poo poo and bad.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
It's exactly the same as people funnelling into football grounds it's just football matches already have heavy security. "Naively" I suppose people don't think some one would nail bomb a load of little girls and their parents but here we are.

Twitter is loving heart breaking at the moment. Just loads of pictures/videos of excited faces about to have the happiest night with "missing" across them. Really loving grim.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

We would he warn of what he was going to do? Seems more likely to be fake to me

Home-grown Uk Islamic terrorists have a long record of doing remarkably dumb things. 4 Lions was actually a pretty accurate depiction of how they carry on.

My suspicion in this case though is that the attacker was a lone guy with the discipline to keep his mouth shut about what he was planning, instead of posting about it all over Twitter and Facebook like these guys usually do.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
There isn't heavy security at the footy at all.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Guys, if you're able to, do donate blood. Manchester will need it.

Steve2911 posted:

a) This is really poo poo and bad.

b) May must be breathing a huge sigh of relief right now. The manifesto won't ever be mentioned again.

In Paris, there were two bombers waiting outside the State de France to detonate in the panic of the first.

ukle
Nov 28, 2005
Hopkins has now deleted the tweet calling for Genocide. Wonder how many reports the police are going to have to deal with due to her stupidity.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Guess Corbyn/Labor surging in polls will be a wash come next week; not that polls are the end all of elections or anything. I feel really awful and hope everyone in Manchester comes out OK.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
I was in Paris a few months back; they had troops on the streets and metal detectors and bag searches at the museums and art galleries. If there's more of theee attacks, I guess we'll be going down that route.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Anyone hype for three weeks of "Jeremy do you condemn Isis" "*nuanced answer* " I can't believe jezza wants to buttfuck isis"

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Namtab posted:

Anyone hype for three weeks of "Jeremy do you condemn Isis" "*nuanced answer* " I can't believe jezza wants to buttfuck isis"

most people would love it if he came out and said he wants to buttfuck isis

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

MoaM posted:

Guess Corbyn/Labor surging in polls will be a wash come next week; not that polls are the end all of elections or anything. I feel really awful and hope everyone in Manchester comes out OK.

I give it 24 hours until the Tories are using this as an example of why Britain needs Strong and Stable government and accusing Corbyn of tacitly supporting the killings.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

ukle posted:

Hopkins has now deleted the tweet calling for Genocide. Wonder how many reports the police are going to have to deal with due to her stupidity.

What's the likelihood that she only removed it because of the typo in Manchester and not because she realised "Holy poo poo this is vile even for me."

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
That twitter stuff had 6.24PM on it. Assuming Posobiec was looking at it in the US that's at least 11.24PM BST isn't it? After the bomb?

Ed. cant spell

Unkempt fucked around with this message at 08:43 on May 23, 2017

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Unkempt posted:

That twitter stuff had 6.33PM on it. Assuming Podieca was looking at it in the US that's at least 11.33PM BST isn't it? After the bomb?

terror ghost

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Skinty McEdger posted:

What's the likelihood that she only removed it because of the typo in Manchester and not because she realised "Holy poo poo this is vile even for me."

https://twitter.com/KTHopkins/status/866917159087288320

The Final True Solution

why is she calling out Philip Schofield anyway?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Hopkins is a stupid oval office playing up the Hitler angle to make money but she's right in a way. There does need to be something done to address this issue instead of just being sad for a week then forgetting it completely. Integration and outreach not genocide mind. gently caress this planet.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
How long till the killer's face is plastered on every front page, i wonder.

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012

Bape Culture posted:

Hopkins is a stupid oval office playing up the Hitler angle to make money but she's right in a way. There does need to be something done to address this issue instead of just being sad for a week then forgetting it completely. Integration and outreach not genocide mind. gently caress this planet.

The solution isn't Stop The Terrorists, it's Stop People From Wanting To Be Terrorists, but nobody wants that because it might involve treating people with dignity.

haakman
May 5, 2011
WATCH MAY START A WAR

(On end to end encryption)

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
We need to acknowledge and address the problems the Muslim community face with mental health issues being seen as a taboo subject. Whoever did this had to have been insane, and if the press were to start calling extremists nutters and start asking why none of them are on meds, then the root cause of this might actually start getting addressed.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Oh and having worked in mental institutions my biggest nightmare is that one day somone will give a load of paranoid schizophrenics guns and tell them that the voices know that it's XY and Z that are watching them, and that they want them to go on a killing spree.

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

You can do all the integration and outreach you want, if you carry on bombing and exploiting the global south and propping up cunts like Israel and Saudi Arabia terrorism will remain a fact of life.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Pistol_Pete posted:

I give it 24 hours until the Tories are using this as an example of why Britain needs Strong and Stable government and accusing Corbyn of tacitly supporting the killings.

I was wondering about this: the longer they suspend campaigning (Labour won't start first) the less focus there'll be on the manifesto and more on this attack but they also need to spin it a little which would mean some politics getting done. It'll be a fine balancing act in some ways, although the damage if they get it wrong will be minimal.

However the danger to them now is UKIP, they are born to attract the unthinking reactionary element and maybe all the insane stuff in their manifesto might appeal to people who had switched back to Tories. Nuttall will also be able to doubledown on any promise made by May if he hasn't already. I can see a stall or tiny drop in Tory votes potentially.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

TomViolence posted:

You can do all the integration and outreach you want, if you carry on bombing and exploiting the global south and propping up cunts like Israel and Saudi Arabia terrorism will remain a fact of life.

I actually think we should destroy Saudi Arabia and any other state that pushes Wahhabism through their mental global wealth.

I dunno how achievable anything is tho because even trying to talk about it makes you literally online Hitler and most people want to pretend everything is brilliant.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

TomViolence posted:

if you carry on bombing and exploiting the global south and propping up cunts like Israel and Saudi Arabia

Sweden and Belgium should stop doing those things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

Bape Culture posted:

I actually think we should destroy Saudi Arabia and any other state that pushes Wahhabism through their mental global wealth.

They wouldn't have any power if the West didn't prop them up.

• Locked thread