Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!

Kevin DuBrow posted:

He's bad at multitasking. If he focuses on not using racial slurs, he forgets to not call things gay and retarded.

But this Ketamine study is going to change everything!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
I hope someday this goofy rich kid will stop using all the cuss words in this free podcast he does with his buddy so I can stop being offended when listening.

H A T T A M
Apr 21, 2016

Trunko posted:

I hope someday this goofy rich kid will stop using all the cuss words in this free podcast he does with his buddy so I can stop being offended when listening.

You're weird

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Trunko posted:

cool, handsome gbs guy

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
There's a giant thread in the Facebook group where Facebook fans are arguing with Reddit fans and it's kind of the saddest thing I've ever seen

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

I'd rather be in nerd forum feeling superior.

btw guys, how many episodes do you think they'll do? I think there is a chance they'll stop at 1000.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Alaois posted:

cool, handsome gbs guy

Thank you

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Trunko posted:

Thank you

ugly, lovely gbs guy

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

gbs guy who sits in diapers and shits in them and loves how it feels

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
I politely retract my thank you

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Jonathan reading his stories might be the best UYD episode to date.

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010

Carlton Banks posted:

Well there was that quote Jonathan had fairly early into the show's run about how he was only doing UYD for Seth, since having the show to focus on helped keep him sober, and how he would immediately quit if Seth ever fell off the wagon. So it's pretty clear Jonathan doesn't care as much about the show as much as Seth does, and it's basically Jonathan doing a (long long long) favor for a friend.

I think he plays it up for the show. He was a guest on another podcast about a year ago(I can't remember the name- it had a woman host) where he talks about it and pretty much said it was the best thing he's been a part of.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

pooch516 posted:

I think he plays it up for the show. He was a guest on another podcast about a year ago(I can't remember the name- it had a woman host) where he talks about it and pretty much said it was the best thing he's been a part of.

Well too bad, somethingawful internet detectives were on the case and actually Jonathan hates Seth! And doing the show!

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.
That podcast was observations with something something

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Well too bad, somethingawful internet detectives were on the case and actually Jonathan hates Seth! And doing the show!

Maybe that's the way he looked at it in the beginning but eventually came to love it and realizes he has tons of fans all over the country! It has been over 11 years, after all

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Judging by his approach to school, work, jobs, sobriety and so on... if Jah doesn't want to do something, it doesn't get done.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

"...eyebrows gone, eyelashes gone, and I've lost my mullet"

lol

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
What episodes and times (even better some youtube compilation?) are the bits about that 80s pickup book

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
They got to tour Valve in Seattle, nice

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

What episodes and times (even better some youtube compilation?) are the bits about that 80s pickup book

About 20 minutes into ep 571. There are followups in the next episode or two, but the lion's share is in 571.

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.

Krazyface posted:

About 20 minutes into ep 571. There are followups in the next episode or two, but the lion's share is in 571.

lions choice

Jeff Wiiver
Jul 13, 2007
Working through some older episodes I never listened to, and just got to Seth training two guys to go on Celebrity Name Game. Did they ever get on the show, and if so, what episode of UYD is it discussed in? Thanks.

H A T T A M
Apr 21, 2016

Jeff Wiiver posted:

Working through some older episodes I never listened to, and just got to Seth training two guys to go on Celebrity Name Game. Did they ever get on the show, and if so, what episode of UYD is it discussed in? Thanks.

They did get an audition but didn't get on the show. If I had to guess I'd say he says they don't get on probably 15-20 episodes after he first started talking about it.

lmao zebong
Nov 25, 2006

NBA All-Injury First Team
Do you guys really think Seth was putting dudes through a Rocky montage for Celebrity Name Game? He was so cagey when he talked about it I assumed it was a joke.

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
oh my god man, of course it was a joke.

H A T T A M
Apr 21, 2016

lmao zebong posted:

Do you guys really think Seth was putting dudes through a Rocky montage for Celebrity Name Game? He was so cagey when he talked about it I assumed it was a joke.

He definitely had friends that auditioned for it. I don't remember specifics, but no I don't think he was whipping them on the ground and not letting them leave his house until they answered 100 questions in a row right or whatever jokes he was saying.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
uncertainty wrt seth's insane behavior is a classic aspect of the show. it's funny either way

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Can't wait until the new listeners find the audition video

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Full-on panny

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

I think those guys went to a live UYD show too

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

inferis posted:

Can't wait until the new listeners find the audition video

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/044048452c/lost-casting-tape

it's still so good

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Holy poo poo I have never seen that and been listening since forever! Have they ever mentioned it on the show? I can't seem to remember at all goddamn.

That video is amazing and Seth rules

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
:chanpop::captainpop:

He was too good for Hollywood

Markovnikov
Nov 6, 2010
Holy gently caress I had never seen that. How old was Seth in there? You can definitely see the inklings of a UYD Seth rant already, but way angrier. The way he says Jamba Juice could have been taken from any random episode of the podcast. I wonder if those were the times he was on heavy drugs...

H A T T A M
Apr 21, 2016

I always wondered what that was for and why he never talked about it on the show when it came out.

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
I'm not too familiar with funny or die, is it only parody videos or did he actually really act like that in an interview. I thought I could tell but in this case he really seems like he's about to clock the dude.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Odddzy posted:

I'm not too familiar with funny or die, is it only parody videos or did he actually really act like that in an interview. I thought I could tell but in this case he really seems like he's about to clock the dude.

Why do you think he stayed in the frame the whole time?

Postmaster GBS
Jan 14, 2013

Astrochicken posted:

If anyone else finds stories about John Srs. sobriety compelling, this is good listening : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lulyxjrKuXY

This was awesome. Thanks

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

Why do you think he stayed in the frame the whole time?

Good point! drat, he's a much better actor than I thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i think the thing that throws people about that is that he looks way younger than he currently does. i mean, clearly it's staged, but i can see it being filmed pre-uyd.