Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Supremezero posted:

Look's like Fie's got long hair now.

And more importantly, longer shorts. Also I'm pretty sure I spoiled a thing from CS2 from looking at that, but oh well!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

OddObserver posted:

Also this is a thing (stolen from r/falcom):

(Did Emma get a hat?)

Elliot.

Elliot what did you do.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Crabtree posted:

So what is the likelihood now that any game that deals with Calvard is going to look an awful lot like what's happening in the West/USA right now?

Fairly likely. Crackpot theory for Calvard: I can see Calvard going full fash once Rocksmith is assassinated due to the troubles with Erebonia, losing a good chunk of their economy with Crossbell containing the main international bank of Zemuria and the immigration from the far east.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

OddObserver posted:

Also this is a thing (stolen from r/falcom):

(Did Emma get a hat?)
Hats are always a powerful wardrobe addition in character redesigns (see: Leia in Tales of Xillia 2) so I approve.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

So how'd music school go elliot

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

lets hang out posted:

So how'd music school go elliot

gently caress off beeyitch *steals ur girl*

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Give me an unsilhoueted version pronto, Falcom. I need to see my bigger Gaius.

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

I was wondering if they were going to reveal their designs or not in this. This is an interesting compromise on that.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

https://twitter.com/Gu4n/status/867074830264406016

Ahhhhhhhhh. I'm digging Randy's new coat and Tio looks super cute.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Mishy...

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/Gu4n/status/866931613602545664

Guess they're getting around to remaking V.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Motto posted:

https://twitter.com/Gu4n/status/866931613602545664

Guess they're getting around to remaking V.

more like ys typing tutor

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Mishy bread? Tio must be freaking the gently caress out.

uiruki
Aug 6, 2003
blah blah blah
Certainly looks like it. Also confirmed playable so hopefully time for some more timer abuse!

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Also a nice screenshot comparison:
https://mobile.twitter.com/Gu4n/status/867078949255434240

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Oh my god I just realized she's lost her breastplate

The jokes of her jumping on people and hurting them because of it will be gone

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Boy I sure hope we get to play at least one of the game these newcomers are from before cs3 is out in english!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Zaggitz posted:

Boy I sure hope we get to play at least one of the game these newcomers are from before cs3 is out in english!

I have no idea what anyone is taking about any more :(

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

There is no hope

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Zaggitz posted:

Have Trails of Zero been ported yet, because I'm pretty sure we'll get that whenever it comes to PS4/PC as a two-pack.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

double post.

Zaggitz fucked around with this message at 22:39 on May 23, 2017

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Zero has a functional jp port and there's enough leway that I could see us getting zero before cs3. Ao is in limbo currently due to the only pc port being a drm riddled chinese port that the license is hard to get for.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Worst comes to the worst, XSEED can commission their own port of Ao like they did with the first two Cold Steel games.

The big question is; is there even remotely enough interest in the series to bring them and comission a new port of Ao over when by all accounts, only FC has done well on PC so far? I think Cold Steel PC will be the last chance to prove to XSEED that there is a market to bring the Crossbell games over so that desperately needs to sell well.

Then there's the issue of, yes even if there is a market to bring Crossbell over, you'd be lucky if Zero would come out before an English Cold Steel 3 release. Ao is a whole different ball game.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
They don't have to rush CS3 out though. Cold Steel and CS2 needed to be rushed because the PS3 was dying, but the PS4 is new and current, so they could easily wait a couple of years and get the Crossbell games out before releasing CS3.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Worst comes to the worst, XSEED can commission their own port of Ao like they did with the first two Cold Steel games.

The big question is; is there even remotely enough interest in the series to bring them and comission a new port of Ao over when by all accounts, only FC has done well on PC so far? I think Cold Steel PC will be the last chance to prove to XSEED that there is a market to bring the Crossbell games over so that desperately needs to sell well.
Normally I'd say no, but the fact that Cold Steel PC became a thing out of nowhere and that they went back to the well for 3rd is certainly some cause to have some hope.

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

I imagine if Cold Steel does well on PC we might hear some stuff involving the Crossbell games from XSeed, but it's probably best not to get hopes up too much.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Nate RFB posted:

Normally I'd say no, but the fact that Cold Steel PC became a thing out of nowhere and that they went back to the well for 3rd is certainly some cause to have some hope.

I think that's because of PhyreEngine, which is also on PC. Which Ao doesn't use.

Some Numbers posted:

They don't have to rush CS3 out though. Cold Steel and CS2 needed to be rushed because the PS3 was dying, but the PS4 is new and current, so they could easily wait a couple of years and get the Crossbell games out before releasing CS3.

No. gently caress that. I've had enough of the giant several year delays. We've finally caught up, even if we did so by skipping the middle, and I want it to stay that way.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Supremezero posted:

No. gently caress that. I've had enough of the giant several year delays. We've finally caught up, even if we did so by skipping the middle, and I want it to stay that way.

That's not your call to make. I'd much rather wait a bit to have the full context for CS3.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Some Numbers posted:

That's not your call to make. I'd much rather wait a bit to have the full context for CS3.

Waiting for Zero/Ao to be done before doing CS3 makes absolutely no business sense, the CS games are the big sellers for Xseed and delaying the next one for 2 games that will be pc only and most definitely sell less well than CS3 would is more likely to re-kill Trails in the west than do any good.

Zero coming out before CS3 is the best case scenario because CS3 isnt out yet and the Trails team sure as hell aint working on anything new that we know of since Xanadu and Ys arent at Xseed anymore. Even then it's a stretch.

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

Now that Akiba's Beat is out, do we know what XSeed is working on right now besides the PC ports of the Cold Steel games?

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Alard posted:

Now that Akiba's Beat is out, do we know what XSeed is working on right now besides the PC ports of the Cold Steel games?

They're due for a big announcement about what their next projects are, probably right before e3.

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

*Bolts upright in bed* OH poo poo EMMA STOLE MISTY'S HAT!!!!

Anyway, yeah, as much as I'd love to play the Crossbell games I sure wouldn't be pleased by any avoidable delays to a CSIII localization.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Some Numbers posted:

That's nice. If you want to wait, you can wait either way.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Supremezero posted:

That's nice. If you want to wait, you can wait either way.

Are you actually saying you would be mad if XSeed announced they were delaying CS3 in order to release Zero and Ao first?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Some Numbers posted:

Are you actually saying you would be mad if XSeed announced they were delaying CS3 in order to release Zero and Ao first?

Yeah like... we'd still be getting new games in a timely manner in that scenario

This entire conversation is just armchair game development talk anyway, none of us really have any idea how XSeed are thinking about this. I know I'd certainly prefer Some Numbers' dream.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I'd be more a little annoyed. I mean, yeah it feels dumb when there's a giant loving mana tree and the characters are all like, "well that doesn't concern us, if you wanna know more, play Trails of Zero/Ao!", but even if Cold Steel's overarching plot poo poo becomes more interconnected with those games, it's still the game I'm gonna be playing for Rean Coldsteel and Friends and how they overcome the adversities the war creates for them.

Like, I'm pretty sure Blueblanc is a pretty big deal as a recurring character at this point but he's enjoyable with me only having played 3/4 of TITS 1 years ago. Same with Duvalie who might as well be waving a giant REMEMBER HOW I KICKED YOUR poo poo IN IN THE OTHER GAMES flag.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

well i think the concern is that because cs3 is looking to be a wrap-up game for the crossbell arc too it's probably going to spoil absolutely everything about it

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Duvalie was an extremely minor character in Ao, that was her sole appearance in the series before being a major character in CS2.

Also you should finish TitS and stop being a bad person.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

lets hang out posted:

well i think the concern is that because cs3 is looking to be a wrap-up game for the crossbell arc too it's probably going to spoil absolutely everything about it

Yeah. I'm not gonna play CS3 without a full knowledge of what went down in the Crossbell games and who all the characters are. So if it comes out first my options are to either read up on everything or possibly wait to play it, neither of which are ideal.

It's the reality of our situation most likely, so I'll deal with it, but a man can dream...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Zaggitz posted:

Duvalie was an extremely minor character in Ao, that was her sole appearance in the series before being a major character in CS2.

Also you should finish TitS and stop being a bad person.

TBH I just assumed she was a big deal because she actually got voice acting like the other characters that barely appear, like Olivier.

And I didn't willingly drop TITS, I hosed up my save data and didn't feel like replaying a game that looked like it was gonna end on a cliffhanger forever, but already have Tits 1/2 ready to go as soon as I finish my New Game+ all bonding Nightmare run of CS1. :shepicide: