Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Oh apparently no more Gary Galley and Paul Romanuk calling games for the rest of the season! :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
I really, really, really want to see Pens V. Nashville in the SCFs.

I know this makes me a bad person. I don't care.

Please.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
TEAMS THAT HAVE MADE THE STANLEY CUP FINALS SINCE THE MONTREAL CANADIENS:

New York Rangers
Vancouver Canucks
Detroit Red Wings
New Jersey Devils
Colorado Avalanche
Florida Panthers
Philadelphia Flyers
Washington Capitals
Dallas Stars
Buffalo Sabres
Carolina Hurricanes
Anaheim Mighty Ducks
Anaheim Ducks
Tampa Bay Lightning
Calgary Flames
Edmonton Oilers
Ottawa Senators
Pittsburgh Penguins
Chicago Blackhawks
Boston Bruins
Los Angeles Kings
San Jose Sharks
PK Subban's Nashville Predators

Siroc
Oct 10, 2004

Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES"!

AsInHowe posted:

PK Subban's Nashville Predators

https://twitter.com/PKSubban1/status/866859738218340353

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

even if i'd prefer another winner, there is probably no better, funnier, more deserved ending to this season than pk subban using his day with the stanley cup on a trip to the montreal children's hospital

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

yellowcar posted:

Oh apparently no more Gary Galley and Paul Romanuk calling games for the rest of the season! :toot:

THANK GOD. They're not as offensive as Healey but my god would they focus on the stupidest things it drove me insane.

Disrespectful of him to manhandle an injured player like that

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Aye Doc posted:

even if i'd prefer another winner, there is probably no better, funnier, more deserved ending to this season than pk subban using his day with the stanley cup on a trip to the montreal children's hospital

This is not an empty quote.

(:unsmith:)

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Oh my god I just realized we can potentially have Yannick Weber facing off against Mark Streit as 3rd pairing guys in the SCF. Two Swiss offensive-minded D-men that started off as Habs 4th line wingers because our management has been incompetent for eons.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

:3:

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

:toxx: If PK does actually win the cup I will write a meltdown post over how loving stupid Bergevin is, in addition to getting Subban 76 on the back of my Habs sweater. It will not be epic. :toxx:

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Infidel Castro posted:

gently caress YEAH PREDS!

I yelled so loudly when Sissons scored the eventual GWG I scared the poo poo out of my coworker from the other side of the store.

Same. But my wife and dogs. Hell yeah. Gonna be decked out in yellow all week :siren:
gently caress the Ducks go Preds

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

If the Penguins win I will feel Good.

If the Predators win I will feel Okay In General, And Good For P.K. Subban.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012

lmfao

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls

p. nice Wolf Parade ref posted:

I want Subban to win a cup then just drive around Montreal with it in like a pope mobile.

seriously. How has the media not eaten the team alive at this point

Good soup! posted:

I miss having him in Philly tbh

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

THE MACHO MAN posted:

if you're referring to the montreal media, well they are the worst.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

THE MACHO MAN posted:

The media is complicit in perpetuating the narrative that PK Subban doesn't play the right way and we need tough dudes like Alexei Emelin to make it hard to play against us.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.

I can't get over this gif.

Why is he punching him in the head? Why is Leino so dramatically unphased? How could he not have gotten in trouble for this?

Like, it looks like he just got so excited that he didn't know what else to do but punch him in the head. He just wanted to really emphasize a point.

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls

Benson Cunningham posted:

Why is Leino so dramatically unphased?

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost

Schlesische posted:

Bernier is fully capable of enacting a bullshit mode where he looks Vezina calibre for a game or two.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

It's a crime no one has made this their avatar so far

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."
Oh man that game was so stressful and then so great. Lots of hugs and damp eyes in section 303.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Thufir posted:

Oh man that game was so stressful and then so great. Lots of hugs and damp eyes in section 303.

How loud was it when Sissons got the game winner?

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."

iospace posted:

How loud was it when Sissons got the game winner?

4th goal was loud but the one goal lead was still stressful and I think people were still on edge, plus we weren't sure it was a hatty because they had called Sisson's 2nd as Aberg's. the 5th goal was when it really went off
https://twitter.com/38Godfrey/status/866850194603814913

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Chair In A Basket posted:

Schlesische posted:

Bernier is fully capable of enacting a bullshit mode where he looks Vezina calibre for a game or two.

Hey now, just because he didn't do it this game and hasn't really done it for the better part of 3 years now, doesn't mean he's not capable of it.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Xtanstic posted:

It's a crime no one has made this their avatar so far

As probably the only poster who ever had a Leinotar, I wish I could find a decent application. A Sabres fan really needs to nab this.

Oh yeah, Mitchell & Ness is having a 50% off end of season sale. That means you can get some really loving nice retro sweaters for $125/$150.

Infidel Castro fucked around with this message at 06:20 on May 23, 2017

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?

Infidel Castro posted:

Oh yeah, Mitchell & Ness is having a 50% off end of season sale. That means you can get some really loving nice retro sweaters for $125/$150.

Ughhhhhh I really want a burger king jersey but I should not spend money on things like that right now.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

THE MACHO MAN posted:

Hahaha I was just thinking about that gif too, one of my favorites

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Schremp Howard posted:

Ughhhhhh I really want a burger king jersey but I should not spend money on things like that right now.

do it, the fanatics jerseys next year are going to be poo poo. I'm so glad I already got a road sewn-number Crosby jersey

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
I'm trying so hard to save money and not buy jerseys for a bit. Dammit, Moving sucks.

On the plus side, it's hilarious here with my girlfriend being a Pens fan and me rooting for the Preds.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Aye Doc posted:

if ottawa makes the scf, and preds beat them in ottawa, pk can have the cup in montreal mere hours later

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
If you're seriously not on the perdwagon at this point just get the gently caress out

e:

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 12:45 on May 23, 2017

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I just can't fathom how anyone can not like Subban, he's so drat likable. I even liked him when he was in Montreal in spite of being a Sabres fan.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
i just realized how much i want to hear dolly parton sing the national anthem

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

bizarre deformity posted:

I just can't fathom how anyone can not like Subban, he's so drat likable. I even liked him when he was in Montreal in spite of being a Sabres fan.

He played in Montreal.

He's black.

There you go. Uncomfortable truth spoken.

Also, if you want some joy, look at his face when Forsberg scored the empty netter. I think at that point he realized that "IT'S HAPPENING"

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

Teemu Pokemon posted:

If you're seriously not on the perdwagon at this point just get the gently caress out

e:

goddamn how do I get one of these?

I've been wearing a Subban tshirt for the playoffs, so Nashville can thank me whenever.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
The truth is THE COACH DIDN'T LIKE HIM. He was and still is massively popular in Montreal. Some people, mostly idiots and sports talking heads (but I repeat myself), still delude themselves into thinking it was a good trade, but I expect PK lifting the Cup will dispel that notion.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Suspicious posted:

The truth is THE COACH DIDN'T LIKE HIM. He was and still is massively popular in Montreal. Some people, mostly idiots and sports talking heads (but I repeat myself), still delude themselves into thinking it was a good trade, but I expect PK lifting the Cup will dispel that notion.

Personally I suspect the Penguins are going to lift the Stanley Cup

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Ginette Reno posted:

We're past the trade deadline, there is no way the Penguins could trade for PK at this point so that could happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/NHLonNBCSports/status/866851604712083456

:perfect:

bizarre deformity posted:

I kinda wish Jarmo would've somehow made a Jones-for-Subban trade because Subban and Scott Hartnell on the same team would've been two lovable goofballs and it would've been :allears: and now I want to go cry because it didn't happen.

Ginette Reno posted:

And it's gonna be Sidney Penguins vs. The World moreso than usual 'round these parts if it happens. :unsmigghh:

Benson Cunningham posted:

I can't get over this gif.

Why is he punching him in the head? Why is Leino so dramatically unphased? How could he not have gotten in trouble for this?

Like, it looks like he just got so excited that he didn't know what else to do but punch him in the head. He just wanted to really emphasize a point.

NBC showed the bench on the insurance goal the Preds scored late last night and Laviolette's reaction was basically "Fuckin'...watch where you're throwing your arms, god damnit, I don't know what the hell you're so excited about. poo poo." and it was hilarious.

• Locked thread