Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

in my day we marched right into the office in a suit and asked the first person we saw if they had any senior technical leadership positions open

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
back in my day i would walk into an office and suck the dick of the first person i saw until they either called the police or gave me a job :smug:

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard

RISCy Business posted:

back in my day i would walk into an office and suck the dick of the first person i saw until they either called the police or gave me a job :smug:

think in that case you'd be the one giving the job

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i think my credit card limit is $1700

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

hifi posted:

is it a sunglass hut credit card?

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
How do you have free funds in your bank but maxed out credit

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014
he got overdraft so no funds in the bank either

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

JewKiller 3000 posted:

if you have credit card debt you are loving up at life hth

I just paid all of mine off.

All 400$ of it. :smug:

Also I only had it for 15 days. :smug:

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Maximum Leader posted:

he got overdraft so no funds in the bank either

She, and we keep most of our funds in savings. Fortunately we use a credit union and oh well overdraft mechanism is actually just that they dip into savings so we're fine until it gets sorted out.

My credit cards are a legacy from college cuz I had to live on my own and work 3 jobs to get through and the cards helped me eat when things got tight. They're one of those things that I could pay off if I made it to deece figgies. .

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?

cis autodrag posted:

She, and we keep most of our funds in savings. Fortunately we use a credit union and oh well overdraft mechanism is actually just that they dip into savings so we're fine until it gets sorted out.

My credit cards are a legacy from college cuz I had to live on my own and work 3 jobs to get through and the cards helped me eat when things got tight. They're one of those things that I could pay off if I made it to deece figgies. .

like seriously get some personal finance help. i've been there, when you grow up broke as a joke you handle money in stupid ways.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:
Does anyone here work at Northwestern Mutual or know people second hand that do? I'm a Milwaukee goon and the people I know who work there were hired on after interning there during college. I'm looking at moving over to them, the work seems pretty interesting. There's not a lot of upward mobility where I'm at now and while this is an engineering firm they're not really in the business of software and are pretty behind the times.

Mostly just wondering if they hire recent grads that didn't intern with them, because most of their job postings have requirements for a little more experience.

Also figgies, most importantly figgies.

ThePeavstenator fucked around with this message at 15:09 on May 23, 2017

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

you could do a whole lot worse than listening to to same dave ramsey podcasts

he's a bit of a hilarious jerk, but he's also a really good kick in the pants + course correction to turn your poo poo around -- also his whole thing actually works, even when you combine it with humans + impulse control, and isn't about making you feel bad or guilty about where you are, just helping you turn it around

far too serious post for the pos

Flat Daddy
Dec 3, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
something awful bfc finance threads and Reddit personal finance forum are good

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Flat Daddy posted:

my favourite posts are when people express gratitude for subreddit helping them to get out of college debt by investing 4 billions of their inheritance into apple

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
legit i actually do have a reasonably good get-out-of-debt plan. i've paid off 2 of my 5 cards in the last year. it's just that my wife and i made a decision to not use any credit whatsoever until they are all paid off because we don't trust ourselves with them, which means that the ones that we paid off got closed by the bank for inactivity. proper tech bubbel figgies would let us pay the rest off in like 4 months though which is what i was getting at before. our current roadmap is more like 1.5-2 years because we are trying to build savings in parallel so we don't have to dip into credit for emergencies.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Flat Daddy posted:

Reddit is full of people that think math is they key to finance, all encouraging people to invest when they're in debt, or have people drowning in cc debt do balance transfers lmao

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

VOTE YES ON 69 posted:

Reddit is full of people that think math is they key to finance, all encouraging people to invest when they're in debt, or have people drowning in cc debt do balance transfers lmao

lol if you can do basic math its p obvious that the balance transfer fees are nearly always more than the interest you would pay if you just set a sensible schedule for paying off the card.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Paying off my entire CC debt over the next three paychecks, figgies own.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

OWLS! posted:

Paying off my entire CC debt over the next three paychecks, figgies own.

good on ya mate

don't let it happen again

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

VOTE YES ON 69 posted:

im the people that day trade with six figure student loan debt

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

its not a gambling addiction if you dress it up a bit

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Bloody posted:

its not a gambling addiction if you dress it up a bit

lootboxes yay

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

The Leck posted:

I must be doing something wrong, because i don't get many people lining up to give me jobs.

I'm still not entirely sure how the gently caress I passed the interviews :ohdear:

quote:

maybe not having a bs cs does it :(
top 50 or gtfo

hifi posted:

Mine is $69,420

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

should one worry about walking into an apple interview with a Google pixel in your pocket? I mean it seems stupid to even think about it, on the other hand they do have a reputation

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

DuckConference posted:

should one worry about walking into an apple interview with a Google pixel in your pocket? I mean it seems stupid to even think about it, on the other hand they do have a reputation

no and why would anyone see your phone since during an interview it should be on do not disturb and out of sight

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

lol if you've never had siri say "sorry, i didnt get that" in the middle of an interview

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
why would you want to work for apple if you don't even use an iphone

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

DuckConference posted:

nope.

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

Sapozhnik posted:

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Sapozhnik posted:

why would you want to work for apple if youre dumb and/or poor

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Sapozhnik posted:

do you ideologically object to figgies at one of the first and foremost tech companies on a regular basis?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

qirex posted:

no and why would anyone see your phone since during an interview it should be on do not disturb and out of sight

pictures of a personal project or something? idk.

i wouldn't risk it

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

no, im sorry your majesty timb, but woe betide me to become apples next 200 grand/yr software engineer, for i harbour a spawn of devil opposed to thyself

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

employers don't want to hire someone that exercises extremely poor judgement

choosing anroid is a red flag

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Sapozhnik posted:

I can't even

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

cinci zoo sniper posted:

do you ideologically object to figgies at one of the first and foremost tech companies on a regular basis?

i think apple might

like i wouldn't be surprised if the interviewer just point blank asked that question

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
from everything i've heard about them if you're not literally one of the 10 best people in the entire loving world at whatever it is that you're hired to do then you'd better be a true believer, yeah

but if you're literally the inventor of the current state of the art in lithium ion battery chemistry then yeah they'll overlook little eccentricities like you preferring thinkpads over their Literally Objectively Perfect laptops i guess

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

just dodge it and say it's a work phone or something

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

:colbert: So why do you want to work for apple ?
:butt: Well I have a long admiration for the company, the quality of the products, the design aesthetic
* clown phone rings*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
do you get most of your news from gizmodo?

• Locked thread