Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
SQUAD!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
The shows vary in how much they are scripted and have plenty of improv around the scripts though, I dunno, I guess I just think their live shows are some of my favourites and think it could work, but whatev

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

flatluigi posted:

I wanna munch

I'm gonna nut!

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Coffee And Pie posted:

Anyone have any goofs they get stuck in their head? I can't stop thinking about the phrase "let's get that kickstarted, and let's get that dick started!"

Ray Donovan's quest to fix his father's toilet, Hulk Hogan tearing assholes apart and Fugue For Brotherhorns, most recently. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-rX8w-u4-0

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Bushmeister posted:

Ray Donovan's quest to fix his father's toilet, Hulk Hogan tearing assholes apart and Fugue For Brotherhorns, most recently. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-rX8w-u4-0

I wish you could hear Travvie and Griffin better.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Has anyone else noticed that Griffin has been using the word "folks" a lot recently? Like in the past week, maybe two weeks

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica
I noticed "ooffa dooffa" slipping into my daily parlance.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

SpacePig posted:

I'm gonna nut!

A-buh buh buh buh, buh buh buh buh, dun-un-uh,

AAAAAAAAAAAHHH

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Coffee And Pie posted:

Anyone have any goofs they get stuck in their head? I can't stop thinking about the phrase "let's get that kickstarted, and let's get that dick started!"

It's not really a goof but the question about the foreign work colleague who mixes up the phrases "Blow my top" with "Blow my load" is something I think about with alarming regularity.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

SpacePig posted:

I think it's because they didn't try to just do an episode of the podcast. Getting fun and somewhat interesting/actionable advice questions and acting only on 1 per episode was a really smart way to do it. It gives the brothers time to flesh out their stuff without fear that the others will just steamroll over it.

yea I was really worried it'd literally just be them in a studio reading questions and while that can be fun it really would have been kinda a waste. Picking 1 thing and spending your whole episode going buck wild on it (somehow 'how do I pad my resume' became martial law in Safety Town and Griffin The Cyberpunk Sex Offender) was perfect.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

timp posted:

Has anyone else noticed that Griffin has been using the word "folks" a lot recently? Like in the past week, maybe two weeks

Yes. He won't say "people" or "guys" or anything but "folks" basically. And he says "sort of" (in TAZ, at least) constantly too.

Im going to get run out of the thread soon.

ijzer
Apr 12, 2013

it's friday i'm in love with ice cream

timp posted:

My guess is he's been reading up on queer/trans culture and has picked up our habit of using "folx". Whether it's on purpose or not I have no idea.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Do you like people generally? Or would you rather kick some butt

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.
I had the impression that "guys" was used for his brothers and "folks" used for everybody else. Might be (terribly) wrong

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

Patrick's got the worst loving lawyers

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
I need to know what happened to the homemade colonoscopy guy and he haunts my waking hours

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Ominous Jazz posted:

I need to know what happened to the homemade colonoscopy guy and he haunts my waking hours

He died probably

Seluin
Jan 4, 2004

Coffee And Pie posted:

glass shark

GLASS SHARK

G L A S S S H A R K

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style

purple death ray posted:

He died probably

oh no I'm sad now

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Justin being Amelie gets stuck in my head a lot lately

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

fall in love again with me, Amelie, now on DVD

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Seluin posted:

glass shark

GLASS SHARK

G L A S S S H A R K

A couple times a day the phrase, "Watch out fo' that DAHK WAHTAH!" screams through my head and it always makes me giggle.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Finally got to watching the car boys finale today and what a ride that show has been. I also got linked this video and I'm down with accepting this explanation of the ending as canon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tngzsJOY71c

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I wanna know how they made that ending. Was that an enormous underwater tunnel? I didn't know BeamNG could go that far. All the other maps didn't really give a sense that you could sink a car for 10 minutes and not run out of space.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

PostNouveau posted:

I wanna know how they made that ending. Was that an enormous underwater tunnel? I didn't know BeamNG could go that far. All the other maps didn't really give a sense that you could sink a car for 10 minutes and not run out of space.

i kinda feel like it was totally unplanned and that the map maker just decided to create an underground tunnel to the infinite space time void in an obscure corner of the map for the fun of it?

Deport The Irish
Nov 25, 2013

Coffee And Pie posted:

"Is there any context to the question, Griffin?"
"OF COURSE NOT"

Re: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6aGsxoJuNM

The overall goof isn't my favorite because Griffin just steamrolls everybody who tries to join in but that "OF COURSE NOT" pops into my head every time someone asks for clarification of client requests or bug reports at work.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Blasmeister posted:

Finally got to watching the car boys finale today and what a ride that show has been. I also got linked this video and I'm down with accepting this explanation of the ending as canon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tngzsJOY71c

This theory does not adequately explain the origin of the Ovo, which also joined Nick and Griffin in the time ring

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Raserys posted:

This theory does not adequately explain the origin of the Ovo, which also joined Nick and Griffin in the time ring

The Ovo was completely unaffected by the warping power of the time ring, much as it was unaffected by anything else. It looped through the show's own continuity happily, without complaint, and as pristine as ever.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Game theory: the Ovo was sent from the sun chips place as seen in episode 35 to correct the timeline

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

Raserys posted:

One of the top comments on the vid elaborates: Ball was deconstructed into both Blob and Ovo

Seluin
Jan 4, 2004

Inzombiac posted:

A couple times a day the phrase, "Watch out fo' that DAHK WAHTAH!" screams through my head and it always makes me giggle.

he luf duh fat keed...

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

dmboogie posted:

i kinda feel like it was totally unplanned and that the map maker just decided to create an underground tunnel to the infinite space time void in an obscure corner of the map for the fun of it?

They've said that it was unplanned. The series was already losing some steam so this was a perfect spot to end it before it became tiresome.

Thank God these delicious soft boys know when to call it a day.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
The idea on the map was probably to do a sicknasty jump off the buzz lightyear ramp and land in there, and they stumbled on it and entered with a bunch of weird physics objects. IDK what the deal with the end was, either it's scripted after the fact or they repurposed recording issues.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Coffee And Pie posted:

Blaaaast my caaaaache!

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Raserys posted:

The pinned comment, which I'll post because I like it better than the "Blob = Ball" explanation in the video:

quote:

You're forgetting one important aspect: Ovo. In addition to Nick and Griffy, there are three entities trapped in the Time Ring: Blob, Ball, and Ovo. The destinies of all 5 characters are entwined. Ovo was the only thing they could use to fight Blob. Initially they hated and dismissed Ovo because they thought it didn't work, until they learned to love it - like how in the beginning Nick and Griffo both were excited by and kinda loved Blob until they learned that it was a monster. My point is that Ovo and Blob are opposites. One good, one Evil. One a pure white vision of hope, intentional design, and futuristic progress. The other? An endless black formless void of simplest mass and loathing. You know what's trapped there in the void with all of them? What is at both times a marriage and a distillation of black and white?

Ball. Blob is not Ball, Blob is the Evil in Ball, distilled, expanded, left to grow and pulse unbounded by time and space. Ovo is the Good in Ball. Indestructible, protective, left to iterate and refine. To become rigid and safe throughout eternity. And that's the 5 of them. Or should I say, the 3 of them. We thought we didn't discover Ball until the last few episodes. Really, he was there with us for a long, long time.

Ball being both black and white is such a perfect dumb explanation I can't hate it. And I love that Some Sort of Digital Heaven is canon.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/mbmbam/status/867002856078848000

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
$10 CAD on the Canadian iTunes for the season is quite the sweet spot.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

It's out in Australia too. I managed to sign up for Seeso when it came out with a bit of trickery, but you better believe I'm iTunesing it straight away.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's also on Amazon video, which is something to try if iTunes doesn't work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

Waffleman_ posted:

It's also on Amazon video, which is something to try if iTunes doesn't work.

Confirmed, just bought it through Amazon to retroactively make up for having already watched the heck out of it.

Thank you for letting me pay these brothers, Seeso.