Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jeff8472
Dec 28, 2000

He died from watch-in-ass disease
Never bought any Lego as an investment, but might have to sell my Curiosity Rover in the future based on its jump in value

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The original vw beetle was my retirement plan but the resale price has gone below $500, I should have stuck with the 401k.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

VaultAggie posted:

God drat exo-suit. The only set I've ever bought an extra of to sell, and it seems like every AFOL on earth did the same.

Wanna sell it? I loved that set so much! I built one but would totally keep another to build one day.

[edit] Nevermind. Unless you can get it shipped for less than 35 to me, Amazon Prime has it :)

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Just finished. This was a great build with minimal annoying moments.

I'm ready for the Saturn V. <3

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Stickers on a UCS is kind of bullshit.

Well I'm crabby about stickers in general, but the top tier stuff in particular is pretty bad. Ideas sets get better treatment!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The only Lego store near me is closed until November because a hail storm destroyed the malls roof :(

Do any major retailers carry UCS? I can't think of any.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I agree, totally. But I guess I understand. But yes, nothing like having a collector's set and loving up an alignment or tearing a sticker.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Feenix posted:

I agree, totally. But I guess I understand. But yes, nothing like having a collector's set and loving up an alignment or tearing a sticker.

I have one hosed up sticker on my TIE and it still haunts me (the one on the 2x1 slope under the eyeball, so it's very glaring). Luckily everything else has been smooth sailing.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The worst sticker they have ever done was the one that covers the entire cowling of the red 5 and leaves inevitable bubbles in it. I bought mine from a friend and while he did an OK job sticking it on it's not up to my sperg standards and it pisses me off to look at it lol.

Turkson
Mar 30, 2011

veni veni veni posted:

The only Lego store near me is closed until November because a hail storm destroyed the malls roof :(

Do any major retailers carry UCS? I can't think of any.

Colorado Mills? There's a lego store in Park Meadows.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yup. Indeed.

Park meadows is soo far and that stretch of highway is just horrible these days. I'd rather just order online. I can't believe cherry creek and flatirons don't have Lego stores.

Dr. Benway
Dec 9, 2005

We can't stop here! This is bat country!
There was a guy in Cherry Creek that had a kiosk in the middle of the mall. It's kind of like seeing bricklink or ebay made brick-and-mortar though. Inflated prices, individual Star Wars mini-figs for $9 a pop, and such.

I'm with you though. I'm slightly closer to Park Meadows than you and would much rather order online than inch through the parking lot that I-25 has become.

N17R4M
Aug 18, 2012

Because yes we actually DID want that land
I've gotten all the sand colored baseplates I need for my star-wars generic town/spaceport, but was unable to find any road-baseplates to make the landing pad. Might have to bricklink those, but am unsure if I want to use 4 curves, or 4 intersections, or just go with regular grey baseplates.

Obligatory crap phone picture (click for bigger/blurrier) and LDD reference which I'm working towards:

The speeder-bike hangar and control tower are just about complete. The tan buildings need reworking when I have more parts ordered.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Dr. Benway posted:

There was a guy in Cherry Creek that had a kiosk in the middle of the mall. It's kind of like seeing bricklink or ebay made brick-and-mortar though. Inflated prices, individual Star Wars mini-figs for $9 a pop, and such.

I'm with you though. I'm slightly closer to Park Meadows than you and would much rather order online than inch through the parking lot that I-25 has become.

BrickArms has a store in the same mall as my local lego store. :v:

Different wings though, would have been funny if they somehow got the store right next door.

I've only walked past it, it's inhabited entirely by goony looking neckbeards.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

xzzy posted:

I've only walked past it, it's inhabited entirely by goony looking neckbeards.

Sounds about right.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I haven't let my son know there is a Legoland in town, but his school is going their on a field trip so that's over. Hopefully he won't want to just live there.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
Drove about an hour away to snag this Craigslist lot for $50. A bunch of great sets in here for selling and for keeping and another snowspeeder for my collection. Have a bit of sorting and rebuilding to go through.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I was like "wow, that's a pretty sweet haul for fifty bucks" until I got to the second to last picture :stare:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah goddamn. I'm jealous that is a fantastic deal. Even if the sets don't end up being complete you made out like a bandit.

If you end up selling stuff can you sell me that wampa and check if there is a Taun Taun in there?

Edit: What is that big set above the slave 1? is that mega blox or something?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

veni veni veni posted:

Edit: What is that big set above the slave 1? is that mega blox or something?

Yeah, it is. Which means the loose bricks are potentially infected. :stare:

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

The_Doctor posted:

Yeah, it is. Which means the loose bricks are potentially infected. :stare:

The only good megablock is a dead megablock.

I've just been going through all my childhood boxes that my mam and dad dropped off when I finally got a house. It turns out that 1. I have about 3x as much Lego as I remembered including an amazing 1980 something 12 V train set and 2. I had at least two Megablocks sets. Ive already set up a quarantine zone for the contaminated bricks and a purge zone for the offending Megablocks. I guess I will just donate to the closest charity shop or something when I am done. Its actaully quite hard to find which Megablocks sets they are as records online are much poorer than Lego. Just for the horror of seeing them, I think its mainly this guy and a submarine I cant even find a picture of online:

mitochondritom fucked around with this message at 19:24 on May 21, 2017

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Wow gently caress. Nice haul bro.

Jealousy++

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Looks like the Star Wars summer sets are coming out. Several (all?) listed on amazon but of course the bounty hunter set, which is the only one I want, is listed at $8 above retail for some reason, despite being sold by Amazon and not a third party

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
What are the Star Wars summer sets again?

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Rathtar Escape
Republic Fighter Tank
First Order Speeder Transporter battlepack
Bounty Hunter Battle Pack
Vader Transformation (or was this already out?)
Those Freemaker ships I don't care about

Some more buildable figures I think

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.

Dogen posted:

An OT stormtrooper officer with that funky yellow pauldron.
A scout trooper with speeder bike! :toot:

Maybe one more, but those two are the ones I care about. Especially the Endor speeder bike.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
I want that tank. I can finally get an Aayla Secura that doesn't have a nightmare face.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Dogen posted:

Rathtar Escape
Republic Fighter Tank
First Order Speeder Transporter battlepack
Bounty Hunter Battle Pack
Vader Transformation (or was this already out?)
Those Freemaker ships I don't care about

The quadjumper set too. Which I actually really like despite not caring for the original ship much.

Mostly looking forward to Vader transformation so I finally have Palpatine and Vader and the bounty hunter set though.

The speeder bike set leaves me conflicted because that's pretty much the best thing but I hate those buildable figures they are hideous.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.

veni veni veni posted:

The speeder bike set leaves me conflicted because that's pretty much the best thing but I hate those buildable figures they are hideous.
Just bin the figure and keep the bike. :v:

Personally I think the buildable figs works decently for characters in full armour, like Vader, Phasma, and Stormtroopers.
They only look good for robots though. K-2SO looks cool, and I love Grievous.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
K-2SO is my first buildable figure, and he's great. So tall, and far more parts than I expected. Not sure I'd get another, though.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

get another and make him twice as tall

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Dogen posted:

Looks like the Star Wars summer sets are coming out. Several (all?) listed on amazon but of course the bounty hunter set, which is the only one I want, is listed at $8 above retail for some reason, despite being sold by Amazon and not a third party

Got the bounty hunter set at Toys R Us yesterday.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Davros1 posted:

Got the bounty hunter set at Toys R Us yesterday.

Yeah amazon knocked off $5 but it's still a couple above retail. But it was close enough that I ordered it yesterday in the interest of saving myself the trip.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Sorry for the double post, but
http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-ideas-nasa-apollo-saturn-v-21309-available-at-walmart/

In case any of y'all want to see if you can get the Saturn V early

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Dogen posted:

Sorry for the double post, but
http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-ideas-nasa-apollo-saturn-v-21309-available-at-walmart/

In case any of y'all want to see if you can get the Saturn V early

Out of stock

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

The_Doctor posted:

K-2SO is my first buildable figure, and he's great. So tall, and far more parts than I expected. Not sure I'd get another, though.

The bodies on the buildables are always so nice, but the limbs are so drat basic.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Anora posted:

The bodies on the buildables are always so nice, but the limbs are so drat basic.

Yeah, but on Tudykbot that fits thematically.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

I'm surprised that even lasted an hour on CL. How does someone sell stuff like this for $50? Ignorant grandparent who found a box in kids room? Punishment? You'd think whoever spent that money would have at least some concept of the original cost of the sets even if they were gifts... maybe someone died or something?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Sometimes people get tired of clutter and just want stuff gone more than they want to fuss around with getting a "fair" price.

I've had a phases like that, not for lego stuff, just crap that built up in my home and decided to haul to charity during a spring cleaning.

Don't question it, just hope you stumble on a deal like that someday yourself. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Lego fares poorly in crash tests. Hopefully they start to take these things seriously because my minifigs deserve the best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2ECwX7Dl0c

if you can read german: http://adac-blog.de/miniaturwelten-lego-porsche-crash/