Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

:discourse:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

eonwe posted:

I like the gif because we're all in jail

it symbolizes our reliance on digital media no matter what platform we play on and how even if we joke at each other, we're all stuck in jail together

I most enjoy shower time.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

:wow:

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

:golfclap:

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

*Shaxx voice* This Is Amazing

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

:gary:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Holy mackerel! In it, voted 5.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Long crucible writeup

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

I Kinda agree with that nerds point, 4 x 4 is fine, small tight maps are fine but Big team battle in halo was fun as hell, zipping round on that stupid bike with someone with a rocket launcher perched on the back was the business, surely you want some variation in whats available.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I've always been happy with 6-8, it sucks when you got bros outside the game waiting to get in and they eventually log out because no spot opens up. That's just going to happen more often with 4 man teams.

It would probably be a better fix if Bungie massaged their matchmaking system so that it scaled the size of the game based on your fireteam. Go in with 4, you get 4v4 matches. Go in with 6, you get 6v6. Solo queue folks get randomly thrown in wherever based on connection (ha ha yeah right it's all SBMM all the time).

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I'm almost convinced that like a year out from release Bungie will graciously introduce "Classic" style game modes which bring back the 6v6, but in true Bungie fashion it'll be a single rotating playlist of all the match types.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

4v4 and the increased role gunskill will play is actually really good because I almost always win primary fights but am comparatively garbage at specials

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

deadwing posted:

4v4 and the increased role gunskill will play is actually really good because I almost always win primary fights but am comparatively garbage at specials

im bad at all of it

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I think team fire will be a much bigger deal. Solo warriors are going to need power ammo to do their thing and you saw this a lot in the gameplay video that got put online.. a couple dudes establish a fighting area and one guy who knows how to move flanks with something hard hitting to either push enemies into the open or finish off soft targets.

People that aim better will always have an advantage obviously but as TTK goes up, you're going to need more people shooting a target to secure a kill.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Longer 16 x 16 or 20 x 20 on larger maps would be fun to mess around in

I don't really understand them not giving people an option, i get why they choose one matchmaking method over another, but forcing everyone into a restricted game type seems a bit backwards

I also miss the sandbox type PvP that they used to put into one of the halo games where they would make haunted houses and stuff and put weird match rules in place to goof off with, i wish that stuff would return

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Yuck @ all of that.

also, people who think that they 'have a chance' because of more primary play are kidding themselves. it puts even more pressure on you to hit all of your shots when you're playing against somebody who can consistently hit headshots with a hand cannon.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Wait I'm confused, people are upset that Bungie is widening the skill gap in the crucible? Isn't that a desired attribute in any competitive game?

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

eonwe posted:

im bad at all of it

you are also bad at posting!!!!!

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

Menstrual Show posted:

Yuck @ all of that.

also, people who think that they 'have a chance' because of more primary play are kidding themselves. it puts even more pressure on you to hit all of your shots when you're playing against somebody who can consistently hit headshots with a hand cannon.

"primary play" sounds like some gross as gently caress fetish that middle aged or people on tumblr have

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

^^ haha.

I loved the Thorn before it got buffed because paint people green. Then it got buffed and I moved to Bad Juju, because in the Iron banner you dont need to reload if you kill somebody before the mag is empty. And then it got buffed. This happend again with the HardLight but it kind of ruined the weapon for me.

My bigger error in destiny pvp is playing Osiris with shotguns instead of fusion rifles. There was my sellout moment. A person that is good with fusion rifles is not scared of anything.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Fusion rifles are the light sabres of destiny, they are the civilized weapon to choose.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Gonna camp the gently caress out that power ammo cache

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

super macho dude posted:

Gonna camp the gently caress out that power ammo cache

For non round based game types this will probably be a huge issue unless Bungie adds some sort of pick up cool down.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

Policenaut posted:

I'm almost convinced that like a year out from release Bungie will graciously introduce "Classic" style game modes which bring back the 6v6, but in true Bungie fashion it'll be a single rotating playlist of all the match types.

Yeah, I'm gonna venture that they'll bring out 8v8 as some crucible expansion as a way to breath life back into the game within a year along with private matches. Or iron banner will come back as 6v6 and that be the only 6v6 mode as a way to bootstrap engagement numbers each month.

Private matches low key the best thing they ever added into the game.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I still can't believe we are gonna get only 4vs4. Is because everybody misunderstood Bungie.

The more popular modes where with more people. But to be honest I don't have stats, so perhaps I am wrong.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I like modes with more players because it gives me more people to shoot and more scapegoats to blame when we lose so I don't have to accept that I'm bad at the game.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

At least until you get to Battlefield numbers where the maps are so big and have so many people you're constantly getting sniped in the back.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

xzzy posted:

At least until you get to Battlefield numbers where the maps are so big and have so many people you're constantly getting sniped in the back.

Thats why in these games I play has a tank. 30 minutes running over people, shooting at the face with a tank gun and when they enter a house, I enter behind them with the tank.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zw3Sgsp3IYE

WAIT A MINUTE, DESTINY 2 IS GOING TO GET A TANK!

DESTINY 2 WILL BE WORLD OF TANKS... IN SPACE.

Tei fucked around with this message at 18:13 on May 23, 2017

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

Policenaut posted:

I like modes with more players because it gives me more people to shoot and more scapegoats to blame when we lose so I don't have to accept that I'm bad at the game.

ButtConjuror actionjackson A Buff Gay Dude parachute account spotted

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

ButtConjuror actionjackson A Buff Gay Dude parachute account spotted

lmfao nice :orb:

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

xzzy posted:

Fusion rifles are the light sabres of destiny, they are the civilized weapon to choose.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Imgur was making GBS threads itself last night so I couldn't actually make this into a gif :(

https://youtu.be/L2av34LhVpE

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?
Do we know if PS4 gets to adjust FOV at all? That feature alone would keep me on console. Titanfall 2 had it and my hope is other games will follow suit.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I don't think so. I have not read about it either.

Heres a photo of my next favorite Destiny weapon

The PC version will have a fov slider, but I don't think is reason enough to choose that platform. Your choice of platform should be guided from where you have more friends. And if is either way, choose console, you will thank me later.

Tei fucked around with this message at 19:25 on May 23, 2017

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

el B posted:

Imgur was making GBS threads itself last night so I couldn't actually make this into a gif :(

https://youtu.be/L2av34LhVpE

imgur video to gif has been really lovely the past few days. If it shows you a blank progress bar just hit back then resubmit. sometimes it takes 3 or 4 tries. :/

thankfully, hitting back preserves your time and length selections

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I prefer the current imgur fuckups compared to the blank gif or No gifv but giant lovely gif outcomes they had before

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

http://i.imgur.com/BYjoZ8J.gifv

First two days back as a Gunslinger after probably a year and I am loving it <3

I'm even lolling at how often you'll tag someone with a trip but it rotates to safety while still exploding on them hahaha

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I suspect imgur is coming to grips with the issue of using a shitton of bandwidth and processing power, but lacking a business model or income.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

cvnvcnv posted:

I'm even lolling at how often you'll tag someone with a trip but it rotates to safety while still exploding on them hahaha

:same:

http://i.imgur.com/wPIe3DA.gifv