Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

That guy's a loving egg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

BigglesSWE posted:

Personally I hope that Ivanka starts a divorce proceeding so we can watch how all these dumbfucks blurt out that "divorcing her is what any good Christian would do."

Oops. Melania is the wife, Ivanka the daughter. Mixed them up. Maybe I am the true sexist???

Tbf Trump also mixes them up from time to time, I'm sure its totally normal. :shepicide:

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

TROIKA CURES GREEK posted:

So I guess minorities shouldn't worry about the police since the probability of being killed by one is also essentially zero in any given year?

It's almost as if how people emotionally respond to things isn't guided by taking in facts and making GBS threads pure logic. Are you libertarian by any chance? Cause I hear that sort of thing all the time from them.

No, I'm hella leftie. Police bias is about a lot more than just getting killed by cops, it also has to do with minorities being disproportionately targeted by cops, convicted by juries, and sentenced by judges. It's a massive problem that affects minorities in a big way. It would not even be unfair to say that cops are way more dangerous to minorities than terrorists are.

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?
Tom Richmond essentially is a next generation Mort Drucker and for that I am thankful.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Theresa May's 'dementia tax' U-turn – Prime minister has been accused of “chaos, confusion and indecision” after announcing a U-turn on her plans to make people pay more for social care just days after they were first announced"

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

At least 22 dead, 59 injured in suicide attack at Manchester Arena :smith:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Jurgan posted:

I don't think it's supposed to be "all feminists are hypocrites."

Especially since the artist is pretty outspoken about her feminist beliefs.

LIna Neidestam posted:

. Of course I'm a feminist! That's precisely why I let Zelda be imperfect because I want there to be room for women to be that too! The ting about feminism is not that women are better than men, but that all humans should be allowed to human beings on equal terms. Or idiots on equal terms, for that matter

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Alhazred posted:

Yep, I really got the vibe that she's super self-aware about her feminism, and for that, I like Zelda. It takes a true egalitarian to proudly claim that everyone is an idiot.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

I'm going to poo poo in Mr. Fish's mouth.

Chelsea Manning, if anyone, is Prometheus in this case. Assange is a piece of poo poo

Kit Walker fucked around with this message at 19:10 on May 23, 2017

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Alhazred posted:

Yup. There's something nicely human about a message like "these are my values and I try to live up to them. Sometimes I even succeed."

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Jurgan posted:

What has definitely changed is that people see the government having a responsibility to provide health care. PPACA has created an expectation that everyone have health care, and the free market "if you can't afford it, tough poo poo" philosophy is dead. Yes, there are still some people who believe that, but no one campaigns on it. Paul Ryan would love to scrap all government involvement in health care, but he knows that's incredibly unpopular today, so they claim their plan will cover more people than the ACA. Then they have to defend it on its merits rather than just say "it's not the government's business." The conversation has shifted from "should we ensure that everyone has coverage" to "what's the best way to cover everyone?" There's no going back from that. Single-payer has a chance today because it's no longer about "free market vs. government regulation" but about "efficient vs. inefficient government regulation."
I used to believe this, but now I suspect that if poor people get thrown off health care and premiums and deductibles for people who already had health care pre-ACA go down some and/or people can choose plans that cover less so they can pay less, the political penalty for all this would be very short-lived, perhaps even nonexistent.

A large number of people (who vote) don't really care if everyone is covered. They care about how much they pay. A lot of them don't want to think that's the kind of person they are, but that's the truth. They will take the Republican spin that it will all work out somehow and "give it a chance" because it's what they want to believe.

The Republicans do not and will not have to argue "What's the best way to cover everyone." They will instead argue "What's the best way to help your personal bottom line?"

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

TheBigAristotle posted:

Did anyone dare do a positive Pearly Gates cartoon for Ailes?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

xthetenth posted:

Yup. There's something nicely human about a message like "these are my values and I try to live up to them. Sometimes I even succeed."

Especially considering the gatekeeping that goes on with some of that stuff. Perfectly good femenists get wrapped up in being not completely perfect at all times, it's nice to see someone going "Yeah we try our best but we are humans"

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Especially considering the gatekeeping that goes on with some of that stuff. Perfectly good femenists get wrapped up in being not completely perfect at all times, it's nice to see someone going "Yeah we try our best but we are humans"

Putting aside the tendency of the left to eat itself, it's perfectly understandable that some people are obsessed with "perfect feminism" when any failing is seized upon by crazy assholes and paraded as "proof of hypocrisy" or whatever the heck.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Lurdiak posted:

Putting aside the tendency of the left to eat itself, it's perfectly understandable that some people are obsessed with "perfect feminism" when any failing is seized upon by crazy assholes and paraded as "proof of hypocrisy" or whatever the heck.

Oh I'm not saying that it is without reason, just that it's refreshing to hear someone go "yknow what, gently caress those right wing assholes, you're at least trying"

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Bonus pic:

Pixar Zelda

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

I can't see Kim's cards, but I'm going to assume he can't do better than 3 S's with a T high.

Also Garrison drew Hillary barefoot but only included one missing shoe. A little consistency from madmen would be nice.

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

Alhazred posted:

Bonus pic:

Pixar Disney Zelda

FTFY

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Thats a hell of a tittie twister

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Someone needs to squeeze "so much for the tolerant left" in there

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

kim already released his statement, and it's a gentle fart.

He just claims to have worked with Rich (under a codename Rich had?) and that Rich totally leaked the emails. That's it. He totally has evidence, but only if Mueller will pay for his travel to the US. Oh, and this BOMBSHELL IMPORTANT NEWS is buried on the front page of his site. You have to scroll past a bunch of bullshit like his CDs and videos before getting to the pertinent information. But totally a legit reveal, you guys. Not at all a shallow attempt to get more eyeballs to his site via a man's tragic murder.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Alhazred posted:

Bonus pic:

Pixar Zelda

Looks like a glitch to me.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Titus Sardonicus posted:

Yep, I really got the vibe that she's super self-aware about her feminism, and for that, I like Zelda. It takes a true egalitarian to proudly claim that everyone is an idiot.

Not necessarily; "everyone is an idiot" was also the thesis of a Scott Adams book.

Ornedan
Nov 4, 2009

Cybernetic Crumb

skeleton warrior posted:

Given that the filibuster is the only reason the Senate hasn't nuked Obamacare and ignored the draconian Trump budget, that seems like a really goddamned bad idea.

Not to even consider how much worse 2010 could have gone if such a naked grab for power got the same reaction as when FDR tried to pack the court.

Would you have voted republican if the democrats had eliminated the filibuster for the purpose of passing a better version of healthcare reform? If so, own up to it. If not, who would be "reacting" and why?

The filibuster still exists because the senate republicans do not want to pass Trump's budget proposal or repeal Obamacare. Whether due to genuinely not wanting to set policy that bad or fearing for their re-election chances due to people reacting to the effects of that policy. But note, effects of the policy, not because they expect their voters to care about decorum.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

What's with political cartoonists and not knowing the basic mechanics of poker. (It's because they're hacks, yes.) Everyone's already shown their hands! You can't bid anymore!! For that matter, Kimdotcom looks like he folded????

Also wow thanks for the shoe, Garrison, that was really... it's insightful commentary for sure.

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

Jurgan posted:

Not necessarily; "everyone is an idiot" was also the thesis of a Scott Adams book.

No, his was "everyone is an idiot (except me, a white male cartoonist)".

There's a somewhat subtle difference.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

I'm Julian Assange's wild flowing mane.

I know the similarity between Garrison's cartoons and the one from Watchmen has been pointed out before, but something in particular about the bored dealer in the latest one reminded me of John Q. Public here:

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Abyssal Squid posted:

What's with political cartoonists and not knowing the basic mechanics of poker. (It's because they're hacks, yes.) Everyone's already shown their hands! You can't bid anymore!! For that matter, Kimdotcom looks like he folded????

Also wow thanks for the shoe, Garrison, that was really... it's insightful commentary for sure.

Clearly crazy man traps Democrats at Mad Hatter poker game as Julian Assange stands guard in case anyone makes a break for it. An American Horror Show comic.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

6 :catstare:

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Nice

quote:

I can work with this.

quote:

Nice.

Ornedan
Nov 4, 2009

Cybernetic Crumb

Fun thing, Trump got the US supplier to give a discount so that the Saudis would agree to the weapons deal while he was visiting.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Flowers For Algeria posted:

Ah, American Exceptionalism, the ultimate refuge of the people who don't want stuff to actually change.

How the gently caress is that American Exceptionalism? It's "America is a hosed up place full of hosed up people." You can whine and cry that it should not be that way and get nothing, or you can live in the real world and try to actually get something accomplished.

The whole point of the PPACA was ensuring things DID change. If Dems wanted nothing to change, they would have let single payer hardliners talk, again, completely derailing all actions and ensuring nothing gets passed, again, and making sure nothing changes, again.

Fulchrum fucked around with this message at 21:02 on May 23, 2017

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

Poor Chet...

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Lurdiak posted:

I think topfree is a pretty good movement but I don't see it gaining any traction in my lifetime.

I simultaneously want topfreedom to actually succeed in its goals very soon because it seems right and good, but also I don't want that to happen, because I will feel super awkward about it and blush like a huge baby all the time.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

MikeyTsi posted:

Yeah, poo poo, I should've made that distinction, that she's not saying "everyone is an idiot" so much as it's "we are all idiots" :kiddo:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

mr fish is truly a left wing garrison.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

manchester, london, same poo poo.

also it looks like an anime sweat drop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

MikeyTsi posted:

Yeah, Scott Adams is actually funny when he's going on about how everyone is stupid. It's when he pivots to saying "except for the (rich) (white) male master race" that he just turns into an rear end in a top hat.

• Locked thread