Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

I support a benevolent dictatorship

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caufman
May 7, 2007
That's nothing.

I support the benevolent dictatorship: Ayatollah Khomeini.

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
Gilbert Gottfried's offensive jokes are really funny.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Honestly, I'm not 100% opposed to a malevolent dictatorship.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Yobgoblin posted:

Gilbert Gottfried's offensive jokes are really funny.

Gilbert Gottfried is probably one of the top ten comedians of all time.

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

I don't like salad dressing

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I think it's okay to like offensive art, while recognizing that other people might be offended by it, and not trying to force them to like something they would find offensive.

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Mayo is gross unless made into a chipotle sauce
Tuna is gross

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I'm a progressive, and I grew up on early SNL and Hunter S. Thompson, and so I was led to believe that Nixon was way, way more of a shitheel than he actually was. I'd take a wiser, post-presidency Nixon over our past three presidents without blinking an eye.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
Ranch is adulterated mayonnaise. Aioli is nice, and I've never tried Miracle Whip.

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
Pork chops loving suck!!

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The best Michael Jackson albums are Off the Wall and Dangerous, not Thriller and Bad.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Twitch posted:

I think it's okay to like offensive art, while recognizing that other people might be offended by it, and not trying to force them to like something they would find offensive.

But that's not usually what happens. It's usually people who are so offended that they want the work of art hidden or taken away from the public at large. It's ok to be offended by something and even express an offense, but when you demand that it be taken away is when it gets silly.

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
GBS is good

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Pastry of the Year posted:

I'm a progressive, and I grew up on early SNL and Hunter S. Thompson, and so I was led to believe that Nixon was way, way more of a shitheel than he actually was. I'd take a wiser, post-presidency Nixon over our past three presidents without blinking an eye.

After always hearing about what a monster Nixon was, I looked into him and came to the same conclusion. Dude was nowhere near clean, of course, but really? Watergate was the worst of it?

Though I guess anymore I'm thoroughly impressed when it comes out a politician isn't molesting children.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It's the stench of Kissinger that lingers on him

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Das Boo posted:

After always hearing about what a monster Nixon was, I looked into him and came to the same conclusion. Dude was nowhere near clean, of course, but really? Watergate was the worst of it?

Though I guess anymore I'm thoroughly impressed when it comes out a politician isn't molesting children.

quote:

Well, when I said "I just hope I haven’t let you down," that said it all. I had. I let down my friends. I let down the country. I let down our system of government, the dreams of all those young people that ought to get into government but will think it's all too corrupt and the rest.

Most of all, I let down an opportunity that I would have had for 2 1/2 more years to proceed with great projects and programs for building a lasting peace which has been my dream...

Yup, I let the American people down, and I have to carry that burden with me for the rest of my life. My political life is over. I will never again have an opportunity to serve in any official position. Maybe I can give a little advice from time to time.

Can you even imagine a politician being as earnest as this today?

Also, man, Nixoncare.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Trump is worse than Nixon in almost every way. Nixon was paranoid for sure but he didnt actively sabotage the political system to enrich himself thr way Trump and his sycophantic medis is doing. Nixon deserved the impeachment, Trump does more so

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I like a lot of country music

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

oldpainless posted:

I like a lot of top 40/pop music, I would like it way more if it didn't get played so much but goddamn country music is just insanely bad. I hate the songwriting, the lyrics, the music. It consistently does everything I don't like about music more than any other genre.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Field Mousepad posted:

I like a lot of top 40/pop music, I would like it way more if it didn't get played so much but goddamn country music is just insanely bad. I hate the songwriting, the lyrics, the music. It consistently does everything I don't like about music more than any other genre.

I respect your opinion

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I also respect yours.

I can't think of an old"something"less joke right now I haven't finished my coffee.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

oldpainless posted:

Same, although I mostly only like the newer style stuff that everyone rages so much against. I wouldn't go as far as calling it good music I guess because usually the lyrics are pretty stupid but I just find it relaxing to listen to on long drives or whatever which is typically the only time I listen to music.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Same, although I mostly only like the newer style stuff that everyone rages so much against. I wouldn't go as far as calling it good music I guess because usually the lyrics are pretty stupid but I just find it relaxing to listen to on long drives or whatever which is typically the only time I listen to music.

I'm the same way. Story time though - I generally don't like Sam Hunt songs because I don't get his half-rap half country thing he's got going on. I heard his new song though, and liked it. For about a month or however long it's been out I thought the hook went "body like a backhoe" which confused me but I figured it was some country thing. But what girl wants their body compared to a backhoe, right?

It wasn't until the other day I heard the lady on the radio tell me that it's actually "body like a back road" because well, that's the name of the song.

Ok thanks guys I'll hang up and listen

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Most people who say they'd take the long, hot summers over long, cold winters haven't experienced many hellish summers. I've lived in Canada and Texas, give me four distinct seasons, months of snow and slush, and freezing weather any time over the 9-month summer punctuated by a bit of chill. Winter necessitates an actual enjoyable spring and summer and a beautiful fall, while hotter climates mean you basically get a green spring/early summer, a long, dragging, hot summer where some of the grass actually dies and it's too hot to enjoy the outdoors during daylight, and then a few months of chilly weather where everything's half dead but the trees never really change. Also, most canadians who pined for Texas weather seemed to think "hot summer" meant like 27-30C/80-85F. The idea that the temperature might go much higher than that for days or weeks on end was totally foreign to them. Here in Texas it's going to be 37C/99F this week and it's still just loving May. By August it'll be miserable, regularly reaching near or above 40C, and my west-facing balcony won't be habitable in the afternoon or evening until October, by which point I'll have gotten the gently caress out for nice, temperate Colorado. For reference, about 1/3 of days in Texas will be at or above the record summer high my canadian town ever experienced. FUUUUUCK that.

Texas weather is probably better than, say, Nunavut, but the northern states and inhabited Canada have the climate sweet spot.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Yep, Texan weather is absolutely miserable. It's going to be like living in hell for the next four months. Any place where summer tops out at 85 degrees sounds like paradise.

Not to mention $100+ monthly electricity bills in a 650 sq ft apartment.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I'm going to laugh at "old[thing]less" jokes and loss edits probably forever. They never get old to me. :)

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

The temperature is precisely why Texas breeds the hardiest and fattest people of the nation

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
People who say they prefer dry heat can suck my moist balls. I've been to Vegas in July and it is hell on Earth.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

People jogging in the beating sun at 100+ degrees is straight foolish.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Hot Smart ARYAN Girl posted:

One time in texas marching band we had a kid pass out on us. Dunno how all those football guys did it.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Hot Smart ARYAN Girl posted:

My friend with an insane addictive personality goes running in 105 degree Arizona weather and 10 degree Michigan winters. It's worrisome.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Yall know ac is a thing that exists right?

Hanging out in 100 degree weather and going into a 70 degree house and drinking a beer is possibly the best feeling ever.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Field Mousepad posted:

Hanging out in 100 degree weather and going into a 70 degree house and drinking a beer is possibly the best feeling ever.

Nah

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Field Mousepad posted:

Hanging out in 75 degree weather and drinking a beer outside is like objectively better

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Field Mousepad posted:

It might be strange to a lot of goons but some of us just like to stay outside and be comfortable.

BuddyChrist
Apr 29, 2008

Henchman of Santa posted:

Hanging out in 75 degree weather and drinking a beer outside is like objectively better

Shower beer. :colbert: (after yard work for the best results)

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

BuddyChrist posted:

Shower beer. :colbert: (after yard work for the best results)

This is goon blasphemy, I know, but the whole "shower beer" thing is stupid as hell. Yeah that's exactly what I want, a beer watered down by the hot shower water that gets splashed into it.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

yeah I eat rear end posted:

This is goon blasphemy, I know, but the whole "shower beer" thing is stupid as hell. Yeah that's exactly what I want, a beer watered down by the hot shower water that gets splashed into it.

Maybe you don't hold your beer under the shower spray? You can hold the beer outside of the spray; your arms are long enough for that, right?

I know this is the unpopular opinion thread, but Jesus, dude, with how much you bitch about everything, I'm surprised someone hasn't beaten you to death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Leavemywife posted:

Maybe you don't hold your beer under the shower spray? You can hold the beer outside of the spray; your arms are long enough for that, right?

I know this is the unpopular opinion thread, but Jesus, dude, with how much you bitch about everything, I'm surprised someone hasn't beaten you to death.

It's just a stupid thing, what does being sprayed by water+naked do to enhance the experience of beer?