Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Haha you don't even control any of the Mario characters directly. The whole game is the Murfy levels from legends literally everyone hated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I don't know, that's not really good excuse when you're talking about a multinational, multimillion corporation. You're telling me they couldn't afford a copy editor or have a janitor at their San Francisco office read it over for simple grammatical mistakes?

It's an internal slide not meant to be shown to anyone but people internally and was probably drafted in an afternoon. It's not supposed to be something they're showing to people.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

ImpAtom posted:

It's an internal slide not meant to be shown to anyone but people internally and was probably drafted in an afternoon. It's not supposed to be something they're showing to people.

AMD got in front of a bunch of people with a slide that announced their new platfrom.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I don't know, that's not really good excuse when you're talking about a multinational, multimillion corporation. You're telling me they couldn't afford a copy editor or have a janitor at their San Francisco office read it over for simple grammatical mistakes?

Ubisoft is fighting off a hostile takeover from Vivendi and they're probably not going to exist as we know it in a year. This looks dumb and I'd be waaaaay more interested of the Rabbids weren't involved. Maybe if I see it for $15 at Target on clearance I'll check it out but unless it gets really good reviews I'll stay away.

I would generally agree, but even at multinational corporations, I don't think it's that uncommon for internal documents to be much less carefully proofread than external ones.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I'm more interested at it being Mario XCOM vs. a Mario WRPG but it'll probably still suck.

Did someone that doesn't know English write that press kit? :lol:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Every day I hope to see good games for the Switch.

Every day I keep waiting.

if only e3 was coming next month

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

SeANMcBAY posted:

I'm more interested at it being Mario XCOM vs. a Mario WRPG but it'll probably still suck.

Did someone that doesn't know English write that press kit? :lol:

I want you to think back to E3 2006.

Think back to the big third-party on-stage live demo at the Nintendo Conference.

Remember...

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The Deleter posted:

I can't believe we're getting Mario XCOM, but bad.

:golfclap:

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

:vince:

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

No Warluigi: fake

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Kashuno posted:

"The badass princess" obvious fake.

The Explosive Head

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

When this post hit this thread I felt it like Obi Wan felt Alderaan eating poo poo lmao

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vHRMeRszw4

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

:perfect:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Thread Tivle

:five:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Should I get the Splatoon amiibo three pack before the sequel arrives, and the resellers clear them out?

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

:popeye:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Heck yeah I contributed something to the thread

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

So this is the game you goobers won't fall head over heels for? Least let it come out first.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Invalid Validation posted:

So this is the game you goobers won't fall head over heels for? Least let it come out first.

Colonial Marines. Txt

Any Gearbox release, really.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Nobody likes 1-2-Switch or Bomberman R, either.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I'm not going to get mad online about that Rabbids game.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jonas Albrecht posted:

We're not mad, we're just disappointed.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Dr Cheeto posted:

I kinda like 1 2 Switch.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Mister Facetious posted:

Colonial Marines. Txt

Any Gearbox release, really.

Gimme a Metroid game where Samus is in direct communication with a character who speaks "Like a Gearbox NPC" for the entire duration of the game.

She doesn't even speak or have inner monologues with herself she just has to silently endure this NPC for the entire game.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Jonas Albrecht posted:

That's my secret, Cap. I'm always mad about Rabbids.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Got my Switch on Friday and played one hour of Zelda on the toilet.

I am living in the future now and it owns.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Gimme a Metroid game where Samus is in direct communication with a character who speaks "Like a Gearbox NPC" for the entire duration of the game.

She doesn't even speak or have inner monologues with herself she just has to silently endure this NPC for the entire game.

This but its revealed to be a brain parasite and she has to get it out of her head in the endgame

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Maybe if I see it for $15 at Target on clearance I'll check it out but unless it gets really good reviews I'll stay away.

On the plus side, it probably won't have uplay! :psuedo:

But yeah even if the gameplay is great, I have a feeling every single other aspect of the game would make it a slog.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

people will change their tune after watching the 30 minute mario x rabbids commercial direct

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Ubisoft is fighting off a hostile takeover from Vivendi and they're probably not going to exist as we know it in a year.

For a long time I hoped they'd be able to fight the takeover. Then, I realized they've only made one game in the last decade I actually cared about

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Guy Goodbody posted:

We're not mad, we're just disappointed.

Pretty much this.

Like noone wants to see a company put out a bad game, but this stinks suspiciously like Ubisoft have licensed the Mario Brand to boost their flagging studio.
Mario = Big bucks, and when you're pretty much not putting out quality games you gotta look for those cash injections any way you can.

If it was just Gauntlet, but with Mario+Rabbids it might be a fun little romp
Looks like they're going for some XCom'y bullshit and that's just :psyduck:

I reckon Ubisofts problem is they overthink all the poo poo gamers want, when they should just keep things simple.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Dr Cheeto posted:

I'm tempted to get Bomberman. I loved Super/Mega Bomberman and it looks like it may scratch that itch. A bit.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Flint_Paper posted:

I'm tempted to get Bomberman. I loved Super/Mega Bomberman and it looks like it may scratch that itch. A bit.

Bomberman R is a much better game now than it was at launch. Konami actually still bothers to support and improve the game.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

This honestly feels like a lot of freaking out over nothing, or minimal details, or whatever.

Maybe let's wait till we see some gameplay, at least.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Assuming the rumor that it's an action RPG is true, I'd prefer Mario Rabbids over another Mario & Sonic Olympics game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I just want more XCOM.
I'm a dirty slut for it and I don't care how I get more.

• Locked thread