Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Terper
Jun 26, 2012

The solution to every map in the game is Warp. Silque is lowkey best character in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

If IntSys is going to insist on not giving Barons move I wish they'd get special knight-class only spawn points so they can start out ahead of the pack. There was one map full of cavs that had a spawn point set apart from the rest of the team where I could put Lucas with the Riderbane just out by himself and he ate that entire half of the map by himself.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Terper posted:

The solution to every map in the game is Warp. Silque is lowkey best character in the game.

Also good.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Terper posted:

The solution to every map in the game is Warp. Invoke. Silque Genny is lowkey best character in the game.

fixd

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Terper posted:

Faye is the best because you can still do suicide runs with Clair to take out conjurers and use Rescue to get her out of dodge. Warp just gives you slightly more options.

parara
Apr 9, 2010
berkut's voice actor is fantastic, alright have a good day thread

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
re: whitewings chat from a page or so ago

Palla and Catria are really, really dependent on hitting their growths. If they hit their averages in attack and speed they're suddenly the best combat units in Celica's squad. If they don't, they're a necessary evil because flying is really, really, good in Celica's fights.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Lord Koth posted:

Sorry to tell you, but Palla and Catria join at the same time with Catria being 3 levels lower and already having a higher overall stat total (even discounting the ring she comes with) than her elder sister. Very critically her SPD starts significantly higher than Palla's along with having a better growth rate, and eventual Falcon Knight base stats don't really fix that. RES starts rather higher as well, but Falcon will fix that. They're both really good units though, so ignore the naysayers.

On other things, I'm not entirely sure it would have been possible for me to get Mathilda if I didn't have Cleric Faye, so that's another point in her favor. Hitting Desaix's Fortress before waiting for one of the spawning cavalry armies was still there meant the one way in ended up clogged for a while, but Faye's ATK stat is so massive she could cheerfully Physic Mathilda from most of the way across the map. Also spotted that dumb Witch out in the middle of nowhere in deployment, so that was Clair's job for the map.

Also, does the second Necrodragon at the Seabound Shrine entrance only spawn on Hard? Celica critting both with Seraphim ended that issue, but if it wasn't for that I'm not sure how doable that'd be without decent amounts of grinding (given their incredibly high movement combined with high ATK and SPD), which I wasn't doing.

the necrodragons will go after invocations over your army, so 2 non crit seraphims will probably do each in as they attack ghosts

Vernatio
Nov 13, 2015

Questionable!
I know this isn't exactly a fresh opinion, but why does Alm's army suck so much rear end. I'm only in chapter 3, so I guess there's time to bounce back, but I can't see him ever reaching Celica's heights of four Dread Fighters and a swathe of stupid powerful mages.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Vernatio posted:

I know this isn't exactly a fresh opinion, but why does Alm's army suck so much rear end. I'm only in chapter 3, so I guess there's time to bounce back, but I can't see him ever reaching Celica's heights of four Dread Fighters and a swathe of stupid powerful mages.

Celica has two powerful mages, a mediocre mage, and "why are you even here" Boey

I guess if you count Genny then you might be at a swathe

e: Nomah exists too I guess but he's basically a healbot

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

cheetah7071 posted:

Celica has two powerful mages, a mediocre mage, and "why are you even here" Boey

I guess if you count Genny then you might be at a swathe

Celica, Mae, Sonya and Genny are top tier.

Then Boey and potentially Atlas.

Then way the gently caress after everyone else Nomah.

Meanwhile Alm only really has Faye and Delthea. Luthier is terrible and Kliff/the other villagers are mediocre at best.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

OK Tobin I understand you want to fight good but I'm trying to use you to soften up enemies for lower leveled units. So please stop critting and killing them.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

parara posted:

berkut's voice actor is fantastic, alright have a good day thread

Terper fucked around with this message at 21:13 on May 23, 2017

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Zore posted:

Celica, Mae, Sonya and Genny are top tier.

Then Boey and potentially Atlas.

Then way the gently caress after everyone else Nomah.

Meanwhile Alm only really has Faye and Delthea. Luthier is terrible and Kliff/the other villagers are mediocre at best.

Sonia seems pretty mediocre to me tbh

Mage Tobin is also pretty good because he gets Excalibur super early but otherwise I agree

I wasn't disputing that Celica's army is mostly stronger, just that she has a swathe of powerful mages

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

is Faye supposed to be good? am I "owned"

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Cake Attack posted:

is Faye supposed to be good? am I "owned"

Faye is real good

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Faye is great. Her support with Alm lets her be the most consistent with Nosferatu and she has good strength/speed growths. Also an insane spell list that includes early physic and rescue.

Silique is so bad in comparison, having to walk up to heal people like a peasent.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I can personally vouch for her being good as a mage or pegasus knight too. I don't think you can really go wrong with her

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
Is there a way to make the game default to "yes" for the yes/no dialogue prompts?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

She's basically Clair but worse for me so rip

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Cake Attack posted:

She's basically Clair but worse for me so rip

Yeah, her spells are amazing. Her stats are middling.

Honestly I feel like Villagers can't really excel in Cav/Peg/Knight because their bases just kinda suck and all of them have a glaring deficiency that won't be patches up. Raw stats matter way less for magic classes and Mercs get loving insane bases so it doesn't matter.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Genny has a good early invoke, Silque and Faye are overall the better Saint. Also one of Alm's spellcasters are automatically top-tier because of Speed Ring access.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Carlosologist posted:

Celica: gets rid of all of Zofia's pirates and brigands
Alm: fights some dudes on horses

question: do the rusted weapons and shields have a set weapon they come or is it random?

Serenes says it's a pool but each weapon is predermined when they spawn.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
tobin has finally made it up from 'active liability' to 'okay unit' after three promotions

kliff, alas, has not (he's got the speed ring and he's still a terrible unit lmao)

LightningSquid
Dec 27, 2013
I'm here to support Tatiana because Fortify is loving ridiculous and also green is a pretty color

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Which saddens me because Kliff is my star unit. I throw him at anything and he tanks it while doubling it. He could end the war by himself.

Tobin hypes himself after a win by saying "Alm has nothing on me!" but in Kliff's case it is true.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

Sonia seems pretty mediocre to me tbh

Mage Tobin is also pretty good because he gets Excalibur super early but otherwise I agree

I wasn't disputing that Celica's army is mostly stronger, just that she has a swathe of powerful mages

Sonia doesn't get Seraphim which is an issue but for me she has the 2nd highest attack in the party right behind Celica, which when combined with the mage ring and Excalibur is utterly fantastic.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Gray's been doing well for me but I have no idea how much of that is just from Mercenary and Thunder Sword being stupid good on their own.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dr Pepper posted:

Gray's been doing well for me but I have no idea how much of that is just from Mercenary and Thunder Sword being stupid good on their own.
all of it

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Dr Pepper posted:

i stopped using the Lightning Sword in chap 4 and it turns out he's just as good with a Brave Sword

XainZero
Feb 16, 2011

Are you supposed to beat Jedah in the swamp? If so, how???

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

XainZero posted:

It's a defense chapter (though the game doesn't tell you that). You automatically win after a certain turn.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

XainZero posted:

He only nullifies the first three attacks against him. Pass around the mage and grimoire rings, since you can trade then attack.

edit: Oh, I didn't even know, the thing Cheetah just said.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Endorph posted:

He only nullifies the first three attacks against him. Pass around the mage and grimoire rings, since you can trade then attack.

edit: Oh, I didn't even know, the thing Cheetah just said.

I have beaten Gaiden twice and Echoes once without realizing it is possible to damage Jedah

XainZero
Feb 16, 2011

cheetah7071 posted:

It's a defense chapter (though the game doesn't tell you that). You automatically win after a certain turn.

Okay phew. That's pretty rude, but i can handle eyeballs.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

I have beaten Gaiden twice and Echoes once without realizing it is possible to damage Jedah
Boey with the grimoire ring does like 20 to him with arrow, Nomah's arrow does like 10, and the girls' seraphim does like 7-9 to him.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Endorph posted:

Boey with the grimoire ring does like 20 to him with arrow, Nomah's arrow does like 10, and the girls' seraphim does like 7-9 to him.

Yeah but I never knew he only nullified a limited number of attacks

Is it because my Japanese is bad or does it actually not tell you?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Celica is being real dumb right now, my goodness.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

Yeah but I never knew he only nullified a limited number of attacks

Is it because my Japanese is bad or does it actually not tell you?

it actually doesnt tell you, lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XainZero
Feb 16, 2011

Endorph posted:

it actually doesnt tell you, lol

There's a guy in the sage's hamlet who basically goes "4, 8, 12 bwaaaah jedah's curse!" and then dies. That's apparently supposed to be a hint. Somehow.

• Locked thread