Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Looke
Aug 2, 2013

uk threat level raised to critical, armed forces to replace armed police protecting parliament and other places of importance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

spectralent posted:

yo show up to labour volunteering for kemptown. It's close AS gently caress.

I always felt kinda bad for not going to the ones the chip-and-chicken place I used to go to hand out because the guys there were super nice, but I'm also super not-religious.

I would but 1: Do you really think el scorchio will get in again, 2: agraphobic, ascerbic, basement dwelling trolls are not a good choice for any campaining, 3, I vote green here as its da only sane choice...

but yeah, labour should get into Kemptown, hove will probably go to UKIP.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Looke posted:

uk threat level raised to critical, armed forces to replace armed police protecting parliament and other places of importance

Greggs?

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead
in before a France-style permanent state of emergency

radmonger
Jun 6, 2011

The UK has 152 tanks, but 1698 Greggs.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

staberind posted:

2: agraphobic, ascerbic, basement dwelling trolls are not a good choice for any campaining
Jump in and do a democracy. Campaign for something. If you don't think of yourself as suited to doorknocking most parties will want envelope stuffers or similar. Greens or Labour, or whatever. Don't write yourself off.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
There weren't any additional security measures at Portsmouth Naval Base this morning, hell my car got a more through search when going through the ferry port to catch the boat to the Isle Of Wight than I've ever got going into an MoD facility

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

NathanScottPhillips posted:

What are you gonna purge me with? You have no right to arms so you can't fight me physically. You've sold out your freedom of speech for virtue signalling so you can't use ideas to fight me either.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Thank you art mods

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

staberind posted:

2: agraphobic, ascerbic, basement dwelling trolls are not a good choice for any campaining,

You'd think, but you just knuckle down and learn to do it tbh. The hard part is powering through the drudgery of it and showing up to do it all again next time.

The local party will love you for any help you can spare, I guarantee you.

KOGAHAZAN!! fucked around with this message at 21:56 on May 23, 2017

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops

staberind posted:

I would but 1: Do you really think el scorchio will get in again, 2: agraphobic, ascerbic, basement dwelling trolls are not a good choice for any campaining, 3, I vote green here as its da only sane choice...

That's why I'm saying come help out in kemptown. Dorset street or woodingdean office will set you right. You can just sort envelopes or help out with roadmaps or worst comes to worst phone canvas, I'm like the worst canvasser ever and I do plenty.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

My surgical scars ache like a motherfucker after like an hour of walking so I tend to stay at the office on phones or the database, they will definitely find stuff for you if you have the time.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

spectralent posted:

That's why I'm saying come help out in kemptown. Dorset street or woodingdean office will set you right. You can just sort envelopes or help out with roadmaps or worst comes to worst phone canvas, I'm like the worst canvasser ever and I do plenty.

Don't do phone canvassing if you can help it btw, it's the loving worst. Harassing people face to face is much easier on the soul.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Autonomous Monster posted:

Don't do phone canvassing if you can help it btw, it's the loving worst. Harassing people face to face is much easier on the soul.

I dunno, it wasn't too bad. It's mostly old people and students who actually answer and at least the olds I get are more "doddering" than "frothing".

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008

staberind posted:

Portslade and Hove go to UKIP, really?

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Spoons

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Spoons is spoons, but Greggs is so criminally underrated. Not like the steak bakes and that, everyone knows what's up there, but if you want a tuna mayo baguette it's literally half the price of any of Pret or Eat etc.

Edit: also I was at a family party the other weekend and someone brought in boxes of the caramel custard donuts. Holds up against any Krispy Kreme and it's literally 90 pence.

Hoops fucked around with this message at 22:14 on May 23, 2017

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Hoops posted:

Spoons is spoons, but Greggs is so criminally underrated. Not like the steak bakes and that, everyone knows what's up there, but if you want a tuna mayo baguette it's literally half the price of any of Pret or Eat, etc.

Greggs ham and cheese baguette is the true king in exile. It's like a quid for a foot of utilitarian sandwich.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
I dearly miss eating Greggs bacon butties w/brown sauce

can't stand this godawful shite they call """bacon""" in the colonies

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Hoops posted:

Spoons is spoons, but Greggs is so criminally underrated. Not like the steak bakes and that, everyone knows what's up there, but if you want a tuna mayo baguette it's literally half the price of any of Pret or Eat, etc.

I'm partial to their bacon baguettes they do for breakfast. The bacon's so-so and usually only lukewarm but it comes in a higher quality of bread than McDonald's bacon rolls which were so much better in the old maize style rolls they used first time out

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Greggs is pretty good value, but the nearest one is a days walk away. I ain't a proclaimer.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Just keep them away from your knob.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Hoops posted:

Spoons is spoons, but Greggs is so criminally underrated. Not like the steak bakes and that, everyone knows what's up there, but if you want a tuna mayo baguette it's literally half the price of any of Pret or Eat etc.
The tuna crunch? I knew I wasn't crazy for thinking it was brilliant.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Yeah the tuna crunch is king. It's the red onion and stuff that makes it.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Thomas the Baker absolutely destroys Greggs.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Speaking of food, is anyone else groaning when May and the BBC keep referring to Operation Tempura?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Ratjaculation posted:

Greggs is pretty good value, but the nearest one is a days walk away. I ain't a proclaimer.

What's your opinion on the historical sovereignty of Taunton as regards Minehead's territorial claims?

jBrereton posted:

Thomas the Baker absolutely destroys Greggs.

Truth. Boro is great because Thomas is literally right outside the bus station.

Ham and egg twin pack for brekkies yes please.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Ratjaculation posted:

Good time as any to post the map showing how there are no Greggs authentic Cornish pastry shops in Cornwall.

I don't really care much about Greggs either way though TBH. Tuna mayo is nice, but I hate potatoes in pastry, which excludes majority of them.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I'm the single one in Norn Iron

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

The cheese and onion pasty is heavenly though. Those I could every day.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Tsietisin posted:

Especially when you get them fresh and they blister the inside of your mouth.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I don't think Greggs does a cornish pasty.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
haha imagine working for such a piece of poo poo that you have to lie and say you're from the Mail.

e: "Sun employee pass? No mum, this is for the piss dungeon."

*hides copy of the Sun inside giant large print copy of Mein Kampf so that nobody will catch him reading it*

Guavanaut fucked around with this message at 22:32 on May 23, 2017

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Guavanaut posted:

haha imagine working for such a piece of poo poo that you have to lie and say you're from the Mail.

https://twitter.com/Butsay_/status/866983701447675904

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Tsietisin posted:

Steak bake or GTFO

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Coffee and a bacon roll with ketchup is a regular weekend treat for me. It's not amazing, but even average bacon is pretty satisfying and it's cheap as hell.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Tesseraction posted:

I'm the single one in Norn Iron

There's like 10 here now but they only started opening up last year. Most of them in Belfast/lisburn

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Within a day the UKMT is talking about Gregg's.

Terrorists lose again.

Laradus
Feb 16, 2011
There's something oddly reassuring that within 24 hours we're back to Greggschat again. :D

E:fb :argh:

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Keeping up to date on the sausage roll news

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/mama_tuna/status/867101646383435781

• Locked thread