Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Free mod leveling party

e: maybe fixed

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 00:49 on May 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Malgrin posted:

Free mod leveling party

e: maybe fixed

Wasn't fixed when I saw this post. Seems to be now.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
Bluedust, let somebody in QGJ know if you wanna hang on to your spot? Guild kick in 2 days if no response.

MorphineMike
Nov 4, 2010
I just got Barriss out of a Bronzium pack. This is a good refresh.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

MorphineMike posted:

I just got Barriss out of a Bronzium pack. This is a good refresh.

I went through 1mil ally points last week and got at least 6 RG's. Don't think I got a Barriss.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Delmon Enz and RCCola, you're both officers in PloGoon, so feel free to recruit further goons as they post, or troll the discord for alt accounts.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Chilichimp posted:

Delmon Enz and RCCola, you're both officers in PloGoon, so feel free to recruit further goons as they post, or troll the discord for alt accounts.

I have two rl friends, can I invite them until we start to fill up then kick them? Aka ticket source

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

RC Cola posted:

I have two rl friends, can I invite them until we start to fill up then kick them? Aka ticket source

yeah, go for it.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Incoming patch. No details yet.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

More goons join the overflow guild
/alts

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Big Patch. Cool things. Double drops rotating by day
5-25 - Light Side (Normal and Hard) Nodes
5-26 - Dark Side (Normal and Hard) Nodes
5-27 - Galactic War, Mod Battles, and Mod Challenges Nodes
5-28 - Cantina Nodes
5-29 - Light Side (Normal and Hard), Dark Side (Normal and Hard), Galactic War, Mod Battles, Mod Challenges, and Cantina Nodes

e: Save Friday's GW for Saturday, and Sunday's for Monday

Jedi Luke in August?
40th Anniversary gift
You’ve all been waiting and it’s finally begun. It’s time to prepare for the Hero's Journey! Use these gifts to help Luke prepare for his Hero's Journey as he embarks on the path to become a member of the forgotten Jedi Order.
Luke Shards
1,000,000 Credits
36 MK I Ability Mats
27 MK II Ability Mats
12 MK III Ability Mats
5 Omega Ability Mats
15 Tier 4 XP Droids
Where is this journey leading? And what’s in store? We’ll find out more in August.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/112405/game-update-5-23-2017#latest

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 00:34 on May 24, 2017

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I'm betting they're removing Luke from the game and replacing him with a jedi version of him.

But we get to keep old luke if we've got him

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Chilichimp posted:

I'm betting they're removing Luke from the game and replacing him with a jedi version of him.

But we get to keep old luke if we've got him

I hope not. I like Luke

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
white-shirt luke is terrible.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Chilichimp posted:

white-shirt luke is terrible.

I'm also poo poo garbage at this game

trapt
Sep 21, 2010
So we need lovely Luke for this event?

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
I don't see why they'd remove Tattooine Luke, it's not like there aren't already several 'duplicate' characters.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
I want to evolve my Luke

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Reminder that we made a goon overflow guild. Send your alts

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

trapt posted:

So we need lovely Luke for this event?

lovely luke is luke, the good luke is Bigger Luke

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Jerkface posted:

lovely luke is luke, the good luke is Bigger Luke

But which one is actually Luuke?

Noonsa
Jan 18, 2003
For the love of god, anything other than the
Hey SM dudes, you guys can kick me out (DeathByBrokenHeart). I unfortunately already deleted the app out of disgust after reaching peak boredom autoing through GW for the zillionth time.

Quit once already after mods came and restarted when ships came. Game has just gotten so bloated in many unfun ways.

It was good helping IGD take down the hAAT for the first time though. GL guys.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Noonsa posted:

Hey SM dudes, you guys can kick me out (DeathByBrokenHeart). I unfortunately already deleted the app out of disgust after reaching peak boredom autoing through GW for the zillionth time.

Quit once already after mods came and restarted when ships came. Game has just gotten so bloated in many unfun ways.

It was good helping IGD take down the hAAT for the first time though. GL guys.

I'm almost to the point where you are.... so close! I don't want to get to the point where my brain degrades so far that I consider any of these in game packs to be worth any money at all. If I'm spending anywhere near 20 dollars I better get some 7 star moderately geared and leveled guaranteed characters. Not some lovely 3 or 4 or 5 star poo poo heel I still have to spend weeks grinding out on own. Literally no value for money.

Ahhh so close...

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
SM has a spot for a move-up from QGJ if anyone's interested, or if we missed anyone from the IGD->SM move.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
For anyone that has been working on a Zaul team, you might want to reconsider. R2 has significantly shifted the meta against Zaul, particularly with Wedge (L), GK, Chaze, R2 (Or Biggs in place of GK). I think some other heroes could slot in here. If you already have a full zaul comp and are working to improve it, you might want to consider diversifying before your server catches up. Several Zaul teams that have been making daily top 5 in my shard are now struggling to beat Wedge/R2 teams.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Malgrin posted:

For anyone that has been working on a Zaul team, you might want to reconsider. R2 has significantly shifted the meta against Zaul, particularly with Wedge (L), GK, Chaze, R2 (Or Biggs in place of GK). I think some other heroes could slot in here. If you already have a full zaul comp and are working to improve it, you might want to consider diversifying before your server catches up. Several Zaul teams that have been making daily top 5 in my shard are now struggling to beat Wedge/R2 teams.

I wish I could but I have no Chaze or GK and I don't see having Baze anytime in the next 3 or 4 years

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

UmOk posted:

I wish I could but I have no Chaze or GK and I don't see having Baze anytime in the next 3 or 4 years

That's fair. I think that against the new Wedge meta, R2sistance will be pretty decent, although the AI will never be any better than it is right now, but it will at least be a better matchup. I also think Zader with a fast TFP/Sid could be pretty decent against Wedge teams.

I'm mostly just pointing out that over the next couple weeks, you will likely start to see your shards catching up with mine, and staying wherever you are with Zaul will probably get harder.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
That sucks. I really liked using characters that I liked. I don't want to look at Wiggs/Chaze forever. R2 is cool.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

UmOk posted:

That sucks. I really liked using characters that I liked. I don't want to look at Wiggs/Chaze forever. R2 is cool.

I mean, play with the characters you want. If you have a really strong Zaul team, you might not fall that far. Kill R2 fast and you won't have a problem beating their squads -- he gives 10% accuracy, crit, and debuff on crit while he's alive, same with the +10% stats thing. If you kill him, all that goes away.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
I rank 1st every day on a launch shard where 90% of the top 15 moved to teams with some combination of rex r2 and gk in with their chaze+dn base.

I am still running zaul. Sometimes it takes 10 attacks but i do it with zaul, sassy, zavage, zylo, dn (no zeta unique).

I find that trying to kill rex first does me the best on rex teams to get rid of tenacity up. Annihilate DN first or Chirrut if you think you can burn down DN before he annihilates. R2 with regular attacks if its down to r2+chaze, chirrut if you have annihilate or zylo primed for a huge outrage.

There will be some rounds where you just get boned by RNG but its generally manageable for me. I swapped ep out for zavage and his beefiness, special, and ability to cleanse the burning status off my sith make him a must have. Ep kept dying too fast, often 1 shot by chirrut or burned down by r2 or killed by bazes aoe.

The toughest current meta team ive faced is gk lead, z2z2, chaze, dn. Gk just becomes so loving tanky he is hard to burn down and i inevitably have to waste annihilate on him.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Man, I was just getting Maul up there. I'll be chasing the meta until this game makes me quit

On the other hand, like the other guy above, Chaze and R2 are all in "here be dragons" territory for me so whatever

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Shoretrooper is bullshit

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

RC Cola posted:

Shoretrooper is bullshit

My sweet summer child.

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

Shoretrooper is the only purchase I've made on this game. I was trying to remember what compelled me to buy shoretrooper, because at that point I hadn't played the game long enough to know who's good and who's not.

I remembered.

Chilichimp posted:

If you don't have a Shore, def buy the 20 dollar pack.

Thanks; he's dollar-for-dollar probably the best investment in this game I've seen so far.

Then again, I'm out twenty bucks.

e: is it worth it to spend shipbux on shards for any non-starter ship? Or should I just upgrade the ones I start with?

disjoe fucked around with this message at 21:19 on May 24, 2017

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

disjoe posted:

Shoretrooper is the only purchase I've made on this game. I was trying to remember what compelled me to buy shoretrooper, because at that point I hadn't played the game long enough to know who's good and who's not.

I remembered.

Thanks; he's dollar-for-dollar probably the best investment in this game I've seen so far.

Then again, I'm out twenty bucks.

e: is it worth it to spend shipbux on shards for any non-starter ship? Or should I just upgrade the ones I start with?

Biggs X-wing, Slave 1, TIE Advanced, and Scimitar are all great investments, probably in that order. Biggs you can get with GW currency, though, so you don't need to prioritize his shards in ship-shop.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Ugh I just got Zaul like less than a week ago. I was debating who to go with for a while too.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
So what is a decent F2P empire team?

I've got EP and Vader at 7*

Then I have 5*... Tarkin, TFP, RG, Magma, Snow, and Storm. Currently working on Tarkin to push to 7* with the revamp.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Burning_Monk posted:

Then I have 5*... Tarkin, TFP, RG, Magma, Snow, and Storm. Currently working on Tarkin to push to 7* with the revamp.

TFP is great. RG I guess is OK, the rest are meh (though Mal will come in here and defend snowtrooper til his death)

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Burning_Monk posted:

EP, Vader, TFP and Shoretrooper are all solid in my experience. Shore isn't that easy as F2P but I've had him at 3* for months in the arena and he mostly gets exploded but eating a Wiggs shot for the Empire is a worthy goal. If I swap him out I don't do very well, but then I'm also stuck in Wiggs Hell at rank ~300 on my shard.

The above is my arena team except instead of another empire guy I use Kylo in the fifth slot. The Snowtrooper update makes him seem like a decent Dark Lando?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Why is RG so hard to level