Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

FizFashizzle posted:

Morrisey you twat

I would pay money to see the queen knife fight an isisman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

FizFashizzle posted:

Morrisey you twat

Every time he opens his mouth I despise him even more

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

OwlFancier posted:

I would pay money to see the queen knife fight an isisman.

My money is on Liz.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Private Speech posted:

http://groceries.iceland.co.uk/Frozen/Greggs/Pasties-and-Slices/Greggs-2-Cornish-Pasties-362g/p/53855

Granted they aren't exactly the main thing they make.

Also according to daily mail they had to rename them in their actual shops because of the EU and geographic cultural product limitations. But I'm not posting a link to DM.

Well, at least that means there was one less daily hail staff masturbating furiously over pictures of a 15 and 4/5th years old girl. for a few minutes.

Tigey posted:

Every time he opens his mouth I despise him even more

maybe, but otoh I can't fault what he is saying. He just did not go far enough and say "...and if those people did feel in any danger, they would have used nukes probably" or "its pretty stupid to sell arms to everyone and then wonder why parts of the world are constantly at war."

staberind fucked around with this message at 00:32 on May 24, 2017

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I want to see one of Morrissey's old feuds be the one that comes back to bite him.

Like Robert Smith. Who wouldn't want to see The Cure just beat the dogfuck out of Morrissey?

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Morrissey posted:

Politicians tell us they are unafraid, but they are never the victims. How easy to be unafraid when one is protected from the line of fire. The people have no such protections
MPs, notable for not being killed in terrorist incidents in recent years.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I mean that is kind of true, politicians very, very rarely pay the price for their misdeeds and Jo Cox was seemingly killed for being actually a good person so I don't think she counts.

Like, Tony Blair hasn't been exploded as a result of going to war in Iraq but plenty of other people who didn't start that war, have.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

He also complained that Sadiq Khan had failed to condemn ISIS, so it's a fair assumption he's just a racist shithead.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Thanks UKMT for the Greggs not Krispy Kreme tip, will have to grab a box to take into work

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
requesting tebbits cum face.
http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/10693947.Lord_Tebbit_demands_action_over_PM_s_sick_Brighton_bombing_tweet_blunder/

Maybe this will jog a few memories :

staberind fucked around with this message at 00:57 on May 24, 2017

TheHoodedClaw
Jul 26, 2008

The gently caress is that terrible, terrible, delicious looking thing?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

jabby posted:

Only you could be pleased about a terrorist attack handing the Tories a set of major advantages.

What a cuntish thing to say. gently caress you.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

TheHoodedClaw posted:

Not Only Will This Kill You It Will Be Delicious The Whole Time You Are Dying

Thanks Ants posted:

Thanks UKMT for the Greggs not Krispy Kreme tip, will have to grab a box to take into work

Go for the fudge ones. They'll give you diabetes but you'll agree it's worth the tradeoff.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

The attack last night was despicable and clearly targeted to cause maximum outrage. However I think it's pretty insane that some voices in the media are panicking and demanding genocide or whatever after a couple of incidents following a decade that was almost entirely free of fatal Islamist attacks. To me it seems that the system we have in place for preventing terrorist attacks and catching perpetrators is adequate, you can't ever completely eliminate a threat like this but it really has been shrunk to tiny proportions.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Irony Be My Shield posted:

The attack last night was despicable and clearly targeted to cause maximum outrage. However I think it's pretty insane that some voices in the media are panicking and demanding genocide or whatever after a couple of incidents following a decade that was almost entirely free of fatal Islamist attacks. To me it seems that the system we have in place for preventing terrorist attacks and catching perpetrators is adequate, you can't ever completely eliminate a threat like this but it really has been shrunk to tiny proportions.

Well, when you have the other side saying "Look, we have to accept attacks like this and become use it. Its ok."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aGsVRmquQA

EDIT: The fact you can't empathize with people hating or wanting revenge against a group of people they perceive as an enemy is pretty messed up.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Pissflaps posted:

What a cuntish thing to say. gently caress you.

People are genuinely concerned that this attack will drive the country even further to the right with the Tories taking full advantage, and your response is a snide comment implying it will just prove you were right about Corbyn. Not sure it's the right time for you to claim the moral high ground.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

jabby posted:

People are genuinely concerned that this attack will drive the country even further to the right with the Tories taking full advantage, and your response is a snide comment implying it will just prove you were right about Corbyn. Not sure it's the right time for you to claim the moral high ground.

No my 'snide comment' was that it would have happened anyway. Because it would have.

Somebody less charitable than me might conclude that your prime concern faced with murdered kids is how it effects your betting odds.

Once again: gently caress you.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Pissflaps posted:

No my 'snide comment' was that it would have happened anyway. Because it would have.

Somebody less charitable than me might conclude that your prime concern faced with murdered kids is how it effects your betting odds.

Once again: gently caress you.

I checked and the odds of you being mistaken for a human are still p. long. sorry flaps.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
There isn't a lot of insurance you can buy against the political fallout of terrorist attacks. Their aim isn't just to murder innocent people but also to damage our societies. They are terrifying and infuriating and that fear and anger fuels right-wing politics.

hakimashou fucked around with this message at 01:02 on May 24, 2017

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Snatch Duster posted:

Well, when you have the other side saying "Look, we have to accept attacks like this and become use it. Its ok."

EDIT: The fact you can't empathize with people hating or wanting revenge against a group of people they perceive as an enemy is pretty messed up.
We don't really have to "get used" to these attacks because they are so rare under the status quo. We can get revenge by catching the perpetrators and continuing to foil the vast majority of terror attacks aimed at the UK. We don't have to lash out at people of the same religion by putting them all in a camp or with an unspecified "final solution".

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Snatch Duster posted:

Perhaps the press should not be there to try and make people do stupid things?

Perhaps suggesting that perceiving a "group of people" as the enemy is a very stupid thing to do in this instance and may lead to worse things than terror attacks?

Perhaps there isn't actually an excuse for believing that.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

TheHoodedClaw posted:

It's a choripán with chimichurri. Basically a barbecued argentinian chorizo sandwich with chimichurri which is a sauce usually made of parsley, garlic, oil, red pepper and some other stuff.
The chorizo itself is more like an italian beef/pork mix sausage, with plenty of coarse fat, and probably paprika and Malbec wine (I honestly don't really know what goes into traditional argentinian chorizo, but that's what the Internet seems to believe)

It's a heavenly thing to eat but by god it's heavy on the stomach.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Irony Be My Shield posted:

We don't really have to "get used" to these attacks because they are so rare under the status quo. We can get revenge by catching the perpetrators and continuing to foil the vast majority of terror attacks aimed at the UK. We don't have to lash out at people of the same religion by putting them all in a camp or with an unspecified "final solution".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rket4xvu_ac

Its almost like Islam is at odds with western values and ideology. Even eastern values too.

"Nothing can be done. Just get used to these attacks folks, and remember to let them into your countries."

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Snatch Duster posted:

Its almost like Islam is at odds with western values and ideology. Even eastern values too.

"Nothing can be done. Just get used to these attacks folks, and remember to let them into your countries."

Wanka!

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

hakimashou posted:

There isn't a lot of insurance you can buy against the political fallout of terrorist attacks. Their aim isn't just to murder innocent people but also to damage our societies. They are terrifying and infuriating and that fear and anger fuels right-wing politics.

terrsm is not "political fallout", any more than smartbombing weddings and hospitals is "acceptable casualties in a war zone" one might even go further by linking the two.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Snatch Duster posted:

Bud like half a dozen people already got probed for this and it didn't get any traction then, go find somewhere to whine where someone's gonna listen to you 'cos it ain't here.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Snatch Duster posted:

Uh, no it isn't? There are people out there advocating putting all Muslims in internment camps or nuking the Middle East and I don't empathise with any of those cunts one iota.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Snatch Duster posted:

Something can in fact be done. As I said previously we can investigate and prevent these crimes using the police and security services, which has been overwhelmingly effective over the past 11 years. Also nice video from a violent fascist I guess.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

namesake posted:

Unless they specifically say you can microwave the plastic, you should not microwave the plastic.

Microwaving the plastic destroys all the nutrients in it, you should just eat the plastic raw.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Julio Cruz posted:

Uh, no it isn't? There are people out there advocating putting all Muslims in internment camps or nuking the Middle East and I don't empathise with any of those cunts one iota.

As a Native Ameriacan that lived on a reservation, much similar to internment camps, I believe that any further immigration/invasions to North America is bad. I would think given British history, yall would be against immigration/invasions to your isles too.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Snatch Duster posted:

It's almost as if you need to go gently caress yourself

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Snatch Duster posted:

Do you even know who that is dustie?

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

I can empathise with people who want ISIS wiped out (however unrealistic the notion is) but those who want all Muslims to suffer are following the same path as those who think it's good to bomb kids at a concert.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Is it me or did it just get edgy in here?

Lobster God
Nov 5, 2008

Snatch Duster posted:

Tommy loving Robinson? Really?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Snatch Duster posted:

As a Native Ameriacan that lived on a reservation, much similar to internment camps, I believe that any further immigration/invasions to North America is bad. I would think given British history, yall would be against immigration/invasions to your isles too.

Sorry we don't share your concept of nation state. In fact most of us in here are pretty much against borders but we're realistic and know they're not going anywhere. Don't know where you're going with the Native American stuff. You can't put the stopper back in that bottle. There's no bottle anymore.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops
Sadiq Khan, well known for being incompatible with western values, as proved by the time he was firmly rejected by london by being elected to mayorship.

Oh, wait, got the fact sheets mixed up, it actually says "Go gently caress yourself".

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Lobster God posted:

Tommy loving Robinson? Really?

Hahaha holy poo poo is that who he linked?

Hahahahaahahah.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Regarde Aduck posted:

Sorry we don't share your concept of nation state. In fact most of us in here are pretty much against borders but we're realistic and know they're not going anywhere. Don't know where you're going with the Native American stuff. You can't put the stopper back in that bottle. There's no bottle anymore.

Aztlan will rise again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Snatch Duster posted:

Aztlan will rise again!

Good luck.

• Locked thread