Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Ineptitude posted:

Huh, that doesn't match my experience at all.

I have never seen a single failed attempt at him, and i have killed him 20ish times.

When I did it the zerg never successfully broke its bar and we had 2 seconds left on the timer before we gradually DPS'd him down, and the ratio of mapchat swearing about failing vinetooth prime to cheering about success is 10 to 1, so I'm on Schypder's side here

TeaJay posted:

My agony infusion formula of choice (possibly copied from this thread earlier) is : +9 for your rings (3 each, so total of 6 needed) and +8 for every other slot: 6x armor, 2x weapons, 2x earrings, 2x backpiece which is 12 total and brings you total to 150 AR. You don't really need all that much to get to 61 AR which is required for full Tier 2. (do remember to take out your infusions when you infuse/attune gear in the Mystic forge.)

If you have an artificer you can craft them yourself when you have gathered enough +1 infusions. You will still need Thermocatalytic reagents, though.

I'm a big wuss though, even though I have full AR I'm very squeamish of doing T4 even with guildies. I don't have the most experience other than tiers 1-2 and 3 on selected fractals and I'm kinda worried I'll eat dirt most of the time if/when T4 things get tougher or even add more stuff to deal with. When I PUG stuff, I should just do it instead of worrying people will say mean things to me, I know.

T4 has only a few tricks different (some of which are real dicks tbh), and I'm pretty sure that I spent the entirety of one t4 chaos fractal on the phone with my gf while the rest of the group carried me so goons/dentists are great

thanks lads, looking forward to those Prof Mew minis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
How many paintings of Logan are in our Guild Hall now for Arus?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Aleph Null posted:

How many paintings of Logan are in our Guild Hall now for Arus?

Not enough.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Ineptitude posted:

Huh, that doesn't match my experience at all.

I have never seen a single failed attempt at him, and i have killed him 20ish times.

The legendary vinetooth that shows up after doing the Eastwatch pylons, right?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Trebuchet King posted:

Yeah. I've never been able to kill it. Oddly enough, it always runs away before the timer expires.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

I came really close to killing it once, but at three minutes to go the Tarir meta started so the event ended early.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Speaking of Logan, I kind of love that his romance plot seems to have been resolved with the Queen telling him offscreen that it's never going to happen and he needs to move out.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

It's because he's banging me now

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
So what I'm hearing is we're scheduling a SFD Vinetooth Prime event in the next day or so?

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

ItBurns posted:

An easier route might be getting an ascended backpack from one of the vendors in Bitterfrost/Lake Doric/Ring of Fire/Bloodstone Fen. Not sure who sells what but they're ascended and you can pick vipers.
Time to grind a bunch of unbound magic I guess

Anyone now I'm legit curious as to what you have to do to get an exotic Vipers backpack if it's just easier to get an ascended one instead. Also on metabattle it mentions for condition builds you have 1 Sinister ring and armour piece. What's the reason for the 1 Sinister piece?

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.
Condition Duration is only effective up to 100%, so classes with all the bonus duration traits they need would go over the cap with full Viper's gear. Condi Ranger, Thief, and Revenant don't actually hit 100% because they don't have the right trait bonuses (or in Ranger's case, any at all) so they're full Viper.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I just realized the new Mesmer elite spec probably won't have a passive move speed boost like Chronomancer does :negative:

Maybe mounts will make up for it

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Three of the story achievement mastery points are very difficult to get, but one of the episodes actually has really easy achievements. I think it's episode 3? It's all stuff that you can do by making different choices when replaying instances and nothing that requires actual skill not to fail IIRC.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Harrow posted:

I just realized the new Mesmer elite spec probably won't have a passive move speed boost like Chronomancer does :negative:

Maybe mounts will make up for it

Slot Signet of Inspiration and wield a Focus. SOI's random buffs include 5s of Swiftness every 10s, and Focus 4 is 12s of Swiftness on a 25s cooldown.

Voila, you have almost 100% Swiftness uptime with no boon duration stuff, or traits towards Focus.

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

Organza Quiz posted:

Three of the story achievement mastery points are very difficult to get, but one of the episodes actually has really easy achievements. I think it's episode 3? It's all stuff that you can do by making different choices when replaying instances and nothing that requires actual skill not to fail IIRC.

Episode 3 is super easy, and 1 isn't too bad. 2 has a few painful parts (do NOT try to solo "Leave It To Me", you can bring a team). Episode 4 is awful, gently caress doing extreme mode hearts and minds for Migraine.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Trebuchet King posted:

Thats the one!

I changed this mastery to Hard based on the input, despite never having had any problems with that encounter.

I recategorized the Heart of Thorns story meta achievements as well

DonVincenzo
Nov 12, 2010

Super Monster
The Absolute Guardian of the Universe
Friend of All Children
I feel filthy but bought the unbound magic gathering tools... The animations are ridiculous.

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!

DonVincenzo posted:

I feel filthy but bought the unbound magic gathering tools... The animations are ridiculous.

Gotta Emperor Palpatine all the ore nodes, man

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Magres posted:

Slot Signet of Inspiration and wield a Focus. SOI's random buffs include 5s of Swiftness every 10s, and Focus 4 is 12s of Swiftness on a 25s cooldown.

Voila, you have almost 100% Swiftness uptime with no boon duration stuff, or traits towards Focus.

However, I have to hear "Swift and steady" every 10 seconds. (I put up with that for the entirety of world completion so I guess I can do it again...)

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

DonVincenzo posted:

Not shown: the raygun sound effects.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Don sold me, after all, apparently I have to look like him EVEN THOUGH WE ONLY SHARE ONE ARMOUR PIECE

Ambi
Dec 30, 2011

Leave it to me
Is there actually any trick to getting the Tail Sweep achievement for Tequatl? I keep not getting it, and he never gets a chance to stomp in later phases nowadays. Did get a Wupwup weapon chest from today's first attempt though, first ascended box to drop for me so far.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

I've been told just get feared while behind him but that hasn't quite worked for me yet.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Ambi posted:

Is there actually any trick to getting the Tail Sweep achievement for Tequatl? I keep not getting it, and he never gets a chance to stomp in later phases nowadays. Did get a Wupwup weapon chest from today's first attempt though, first ascended box to drop for me so far.

I gave up trying to predict it, so just stood behind him and dodge rolled a bunch, i think it only took 2-3 teqs to get it.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
Yeah i couldn't get it last time i tried, but i heard about looking out for him to wiggle his butt before dodging like crazy. I sorta understood what that meant after seeing it happen a few times, but the butt wiggle is subtle and happens a half second before he slams you.

He also only seems to tail swipe during the first long bit of fighting, i spammed dodge during the second and third time he was on the ground and never got hit or got the cheevo

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

I was one of the many people who got it just from being feared behind him, so good luck!

Blasphemeral
Jul 26, 2012

Three mongrel men in exchange for a party member? I found that one in the Faustian Bargain Bin.

Ineptitude posted:

Tyria mastery effort post:

Ineptitude posted:

Heart of Thorns mastery effort post:

Congrats, Ineptitude. For your excellent effort posts aimed at helping others achieve the mastery that you enjoy, I hereby award you with a new avatar. Go forth and continue to be a badass.

Blasphemeral fucked around with this message at 22:42 on May 24, 2017

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I personally think an honoured position in the OP is a better reward but hey whatever turns your boner i mean crank i mean oh god

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Also I'm working on a reboot of the OP that will drop when the final living story/expansion announcement hits, I hope all of you are preparing you're asses

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Why?
Never updating the OP is a GW2 tradition.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Fight me irl

Blasphemeral
Jul 26, 2012

Three mongrel men in exchange for a party member? I found that one in the Faustian Bargain Bin.

CLAM DOWN posted:

Also I'm working on a reboot of the OP that will drop when the final living story/expansion announcement hits, I hope all of you are preparing you're asses

Press [F] to deploy Crisco.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Blasphemeral posted:

Congrats, Ineptitude. For your excellent effort posts aimed at helping others achieve the mastery that you enjoy, I hereby award you with a new avatar. Go forth and continue to be a badass.

that's a pretty good avatar you gave him imo

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan
:japan:

DonVincenzo posted:

That's pretty dope

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

Harrow posted:

However, I have to hear "Swift and steady" every 10 seconds. (I put up with that for the entirety of world completion so I guess I can do it again...)

You can turn off voice lines like that in options. I think it's labeled as 'chatter'.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Priapus Unbound posted:

You can turn off voice lines like that in options. I think it's labeled as 'chatter'.

What the gently caress

Is that new or am I an idiot

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I can outrun a centaur :downs:

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

This is better than moot loot!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac