Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
"Mario has a 99% chance to land JUMP"
*miss*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Infinitum posted:

Pretty much this.

Like noone wants to see a company put out a bad game, but this stinks suspiciously like Ubisoft have licensed the Mario Brand to boost their flagging studio.
Mario = Big bucks, and when you're pretty much not putting out quality games you gotta look for those cash injections any way you can.

If it was just Gauntlet, but with Mario+Rabbids it might be a fun little romp
Looks like they're going for some XCom'y bullshit and that's just :psyduck:

I reckon Ubisofts problem is they overthink all the poo poo gamers want, when they should just keep things simple.

I will say it, an XCom lite could be fun and I would like to be surprised. It's just that what we have right now reeks of trying too hard.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

irlZaphod posted:

There seemed to be a big focus on building large towers of characters

I've played through multiple Disgaea games and literally never did this. It's just a gimmick and there's plenty of other ways to do millions billions of damage to a target.

This is either going to be a day one buy or something I stay very, very far away from. :stare:

NormenKD posted:

Nintendo lost me a bit in the WiiU/3DS era, so i didn't own those consoles.
However, with the Switcht, BotW and MK8D i am really getting sucked into Nintendo-Stuff again.

QUESTION: Do you know of any nice Video showing a little bit of the Splatoon 1 story/events? Unless they remake it for the Switch, i don't think i will get around to playing it myself, but i'm getting very curious now :)

If you never got in to the 3DS you're missing out on a ton of good games. A New 2DS XL(?) is $150, gets rid of the dumb 3D gimmick, but gives you access to all the 3DS/New3DS games.

Frankston posted:

I thought those dumb things stopped being a thing 10+ years ago.

They did.

And then Despicable Me happened. Minions are the same thing as the Rabbids so this is Ubisoft trying to cash in on that fact.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

threeagainstfour posted:

Got my Switch on Friday and played one hour of Zelda on the toilet.

I am living in the future now and it owns.

I was playing Zelda on the toilet on my Game Boy like 20 years ago man

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Gimme a Metroid game where Samus is in direct communication with a character who speaks "Like a Gearbox NPC" for the entire duration of the game.

She doesn't even speak or have inner monologues with herself she just has to silently endure this NPC for the entire game.

You have no idea how much I hate the trope of the offscreen supporting character constantly guiding the player by the nose.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

:five::five::five::five::five::five::five::five::five::five::five:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Kashuno posted:

"Mario has a 99% chance to land JUMP"
*miss*

This is why I only ran shotguns in Front Mission 3 (and guided missiles). Buckshot don't miss.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I was having a little splatoon fun earlier and I've really glossed over in my mind how often the frame rate would drop in that game, moreso on certain maps (Museum in this case) which explains why the Switch version is locked at 720p. Though I'm still hoping for the docked version to get bumped up.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I unironically hope NOJ/NOA get enough complaints about Mario using a gun that they pull the plug on the project.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Dibs on being The Firepower.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Mister Facetious posted:

I unironically hope NOJ/NOA get enough complaints about Mario using a gun that they pull the plug on the project.

It comes out this summer right? Little late for that!

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Dibs on being The Firepower.

the bastard 4 life

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
my turtle shelves ran away

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Gonna wait to freak out until after I actually see how the game plays and it's writing. I highly doubt Nintendo went to Ubisoft and said "We'll let you make whatever you want with no oversight using our oldest, largest, and most well known IP". Nintendo wouldn't let someone make a loving shovel ware game using the Mario IP

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
If Nintendo let Ubisoft have full control over the mario IP they may as well just call it quits now

Otoh give me the nemesis system with koopa kids

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Kashuno posted:

Otoh give me the nemesis system with koopa kids

I would play an open world Mario 3.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Gonna wait to freak out until after I actually see how the game plays and it's writing. I highly doubt Nintendo went to Ubisoft and said "We'll let you make whatever you want with no oversight using our oldest, largest, and most well known IP". Nintendo wouldn't let someone make a loving shovel ware game using the Mario IP

Counterpoint: The fact this marketing material exists and the game is far enough in development to release this year apparently

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Nintendo is doomed again

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Dr. VooDoo posted:

nintendo has made plenty of mario shovelware. Olympic Games, Mario Pinball Land, the WiiU Tennis game

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
The rabbids game looks so dumb that now I kinda want it.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

is mario rabbids the "devils third" for the switch

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

alf_pogs posted:

is mario rabbids the "devils third" for the switch

Watch it hit a million copies before the year's end.

https://twitter.com/nibellion/status/867138652861845505

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 00:39 on May 24, 2017

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

SeANMcBAY posted:

Watch it hit several million copies before the year's end.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Frankston posted:

I was playing Zelda on the toilet on my Game Boy like 20 years ago man

You were ahead of your time my man.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Dr. VooDoo posted:

My friend, let me tell you about a little game called Hotel Mario.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Intel&Sebastian posted:

When this post hit this thread I felt it like Obi Wan felt Alderaan eating poo poo lmao

lol

:suicide:

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I'll hopefully be getting a new job soon and when I do I'm going to buy this Mario/Rabbids game

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
8Bitdo retro pads now compatible with Switch

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Why would I use this over a pro controller?

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Night Blade posted:

Do or don't, I don't give a poo poo? Just posting a link.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Night Blade posted:

better d-pads

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I hope that hilariously smug #sassy #nofilter rabbid peach keeps showing up for dozens of pages to come

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

enojy posted:

I hope that hilariously smug #sassy #nofilter rabbid peach keeps showing up for dozens of pages to come

Has anyone made the parody account yet where it posts "WAAAAAAAA" with random hashtags?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Night Blade posted:

$20 less

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Looks rad, I love that the Switch has all sorts of input methods. Gonna rule on sf2

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

After our weekend road trip my brother bought a Switch and asked what games to look out for he might like, was a surprisingly long list. Switch is good :yeah:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Why do you want Nintendo to fail?

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

I'm gonna buy one of these for Hollow Knight (unless that game needs a stick for some reason)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Looks rad, I love that the Switch has all sorts of input methods. Gonna rule on sf2

I'm glad to see that older 3rd party controllers can be updated to work with the switch. Having to get a brand new stick for the PS4 because of their stupid proprietary Bluetooth stuff was dumb.

• Locked thread