Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
Unless I missed it, I didn't see it posted yet - Ten Mythril and Hailstorm have been added to the Greens Shop. 1k each for the mythril and 10k for Hailstorm.

Even if you already have or don't want Hailstorm, buy it anyway and shatter it. 11 Major Orbs for 10k greens is impossible to ignore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

pichupal posted:

Made a large effort post on the FFRK Reddit if you want to take a look at what could be coming in future Lucky Banners. Mainly useful if you're considering skipping out on some to save Mythril for Festival Banners, Squall BSB2 or Cloud USB. I might be sacrificing my pulls on the Steiner OSB banner for these sudden Lucky Draws. I'm sorry Vivi...

Also had lots of fun with the A+ single player battle. Built the team around Beatrix's Imperil Holy BSB and Lionheart RM, using a Celes SSB RW. She could freely alternate spamming her BSB and Guardbringer and made it ridiculously easy. Also tried out Ramza juggling Shout and Chant with Eiko BSB to just pile on the damage which ended up being overkill.

All my mythril after the next event is going towards Lucky Draws and the Steiner OSB banner. The Mog BSB banner is tempting, but I could live without it.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

MikeSevigny posted:

I feel like if you play this game for too long, you almost HAVE to get some Yuna stuff. Same with Cloud and Squall.

I only have Cloud's Hardedge and I don't think I have any relics for Squall.

I do have Yuna's USB (and Hymn of the Faith, which was one of the best healer SBs until BSBs were added) at least.

private message
Aug 22, 2004
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]
2/11: Tidus CSB, Locke OSB

Are either of these any good? Haven't heard too much about them.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
I'm fully prepared to pull on all the Lucky Banners now.

Celerity: Zidane OSB, Zack BSB (dupe)
Support: Red XIII BSB, Fran SSB1, Fran SSB2

Zidane OSB will be nice tomorrow, I guess. Greens don't really have the best pay off for orbs but I'm very good for Lightning and Wind right now.

Sad I missed out on the Fran SB I actually wanted, and still no good Support BSB for me.

Every time my IX synergy gets better I feel guiltier about planning a pull on Steiner OSB anyways.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 02:13 on May 24, 2017

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

I didn't really need anything from the two lucky banners today but I drew anyway because my will is weak.

Got Barrett's hyper break (my third) and Locke's OSB and enfire SSB. Not...terrible, but I really should've saved the mythril for later.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Celerity banner:

Well, now I have Tyro relics. And an OSB of my own on a character I use on my main team. This was a good 25 mythril if I do say so.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Really didn't need anything on support but couldn't resist a half price roll and landed Sazh/Wakka SSBs.

Celerity turned out well though with Leila/Shadow BSBs, a Vaan SSB, and Tyro OSB stat stick.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
So, Reno's Burst. A physical soul break on a magic character. I remember this one being mentioned, and doesn't it have some redeeming quality or something? Just seems like kind of an odd one and difficult to use well.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
1/11, Zidane BSB.

Not the prize I wanted but I'm actually fairly pleased, could easily have been worse, and an Imperil Wind would go nicely with Alphinaud/Cloud/Luneth.

Kawalimus posted:

So, Reno's Burst. A physical soul break on a magic character. I remember this one being mentioned, and doesn't it have some redeeming quality or something? Just seems like kind of an odd one and difficult to use well.

Reno actually is competent physically now, and has Tempest Snipe to go with his Enthunder. It's pretty good in Torments where you can safely build up to his maximum charge.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I guess I'll have to look into Tempest Snipe then, what with getting Mustadio's(not that he'll have as much use for it!) and Reno's bursts lately. I also got Lightning's Etro Embrace armor to help him boost his lightning. Third thing I got was a blah Air Knives from XIV, for celerity.

Support gave me Irvine's Exeter which is cool and my second hyper break, and also a dupe Keeper Tome. So a decent set of draws I guess. Much better than the first set.

Looking forward to the white and black mage ones.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 02:31 on May 24, 2017

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Was hoping for Ramza or larsa or something else since the last banner I got one 6* and two 5* from each.

Debating pulling on the other banner now...

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I pulled on support. Got Red XIII's super, which is bad, and Ramza's USB, which is better. At least I do use Ramza. But why are all of my 6* physical weapons from Tactics, gosh?

Thinking about Celerity. I could wait on it or jump the gun. Thinking.

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

Celerity gave me Zidane's En-Aero SSB and a dupe of Fran's SSB1; and then I decided against common sense to pull on Support for Red XIII's Burst...

Oh boy, and I'm very used to Alphie's Development Tactics when it comes to ATK/MAG Buffs...

Kawalimus posted:

I can vouch Reno becomes a better hybrid unit at higher levels, specially with a Mage Dagger or Thrower that still brings some Attack to the table. Bringing him to MP Cagnazzo with his Burst, Tempest Snipe, Chain Blizzaga and Palom's SSB Dagger just felt right...

AstraSage fucked around with this message at 02:52 on May 24, 2017

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

these banners are up for like a month so I'll hold off for now.

Spikey
May 12, 2001

From my cold, dead hands!

Support:

2/11

Last Judgement Grimore
Keepers Frock Coat

Celerity:

3/11

Force Sabre (Tidus)
Apocalypse (Tidus)
Keepers Frock Coat

Should I combine the Tyro coats?

Griz
May 21, 2001

Celerity: Fran imperil lightning SSB, and Lightning imperil lightning BSB

I got Delita BSB with the lightning command on the last lucky draw and already have 2 en-lightning BSB so this is pretty good!

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Celerity: Lion BSB / Tidus BSB
Support: Ramza USB

Well, it ain't shout but I'll gladly finally put Ramza in as a member of all of my physical teams.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i have only 69 mythril. convince me not to always lucky draw.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Cowcaster posted:

nice

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

Cel: 1/11 Valliant Knife(VI), dupe
Sup: 1/11 Death Tarot(VI), dupe

I had a good run this time around with luckies :v:

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Cowcaster posted:

loving PULL THAT poo poo

I just got FIVE loving things off Support!
Sasuke's Blade- Ramza's Ultra
Iga Blade Ramza's Burst
Staff of the magi All Protect + shell and 30% Max HP damage shield. (Who the heck is Larsa?)
Traitor's Bow
Bismark.

I actually have Shout and Tailwind already. Maybe I should reshuffle my teams and start running Ramza :v:

I don't know if I should pull on the other Nightmare. Probably just be disappointed at this point aha

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Larsa is a guest character in XII. In RK he's a weird Support/White hybrid.
He's a healer because in XII he's known for throwing potions, basically

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Larsa is Vayne Solidor's brother, so he's a prince. He saves Penelo from being kidnapped at some point and is more plot relevant then Vaan or Penelo. That isn't really hard to do.

Everything Larsa does is sort of referenced in his SBs. When he's a guest party member he spams Potions for you (SSB1), and gives you manufacted nethicite to protect Penelo (SSB2, BSB).

He gets to become Emperor at 12 years old. That's pretty cool.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
I wasn't expecting these banners to pop up so soon. Now I have no more mythril.

Support banner:
Another perseus bow
Gordon's bsb

My already stacked gordon gets better, and another dupe for fran! At least it's still a hell of a bsb.

Celerity banner:
Dube razmataz

The only waste of mythril for all 4 banners which is pretty good overall honestly.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Servaetes posted:

Celerity: Lion BSB / Tidus BSB
Support: Ramza USB

Well, it ain't shout but I'll gladly finally put Ramza in as a member of all of my physical teams.

Lion BSB is sneaky good, my alt account has it and he's a beast for damage. He's basically Vaan's BSB except for physical bosses.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I was considering gems but then I noticed theres like three weeks to pull on these Nightmare luckies sooooo....

Going to bide my time.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Celerity - Last Judgement Grimoire, Augmented Ninja Tekko, Air Knives (XIV) (dupe)
Support - Death Tarot, Princely Raiment, Curtana

Not a bad haul, overall, though I'm amused at getting a Medica BSB on the Support banner. :v:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Pulled on the Clerity banner, got 3/11 all BSB. :getin:

Zidane
Edge
Lightning

Now I have both of Lightning's BSB, I take it the one with Imperil is the better one.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Lucky stuff, Setzer's Burst darts, dupe Genji Gloves, dupe Peacemaker, Lust Dagger, Valiant Knife, Air Knives. Pretty nice haul. Well, to me anyway, they don't seem particularly meta defining but I do like Bursts.

Lots of stabbing implements. Oh hey, Tuesday dungeon, nice timing.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Also didn't know there were gonna be a bunch of Lucky Draws so FF7 can go gently caress itself tbh. I have never drawn a thing for :yayclod: and I don't fancy my chances on that front.

Also also Baigan was a dick so I just kicked his rear end and ate explosions and mastered it anyway. As and Lev were just there really. Reminded me that Water Resistance is still where I have the most gaps. I forget what the other one was.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Wow, gordon's bsb is poo poo compared to the utility his other ssb's bring. Well, at least I can use it to bring breakdowns with wrath and fullbreak I suppose. I guess I'll use him when I need buffs over fran's debuffs.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Dupe Ogre, everything else is new. I suppose the book has some niche use, but the rest is just CM-fodder again. That was not worth money pulling.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Lightning's SSB2 is a lightning+ armor, so that's probably the best thing you pulled. Tyro OSB is a decent stat stick?

The rest suck though. Irvine (Slow/Blind) and Wakka (Poison/Blind) could cover status effects the next time they're relevant, and Sazh is a decent option if you have a Hastega, or Wrath spamming the M.Blink if you really need it and don't have other blink sources.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
I'm getting a bit annoyed about the vast power gap between BSB+ and SSB have these days. Feels like banners have more and more duds, at least if you've played enough to already have solid synergy in most realms already.

I'm actually starting to look forward to LM relics, because then banners will actually have more chances to improve some of my decently equipped characters as well.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.

KPC_Mammon posted:

I just beat it without a damage RW. You'll need some r3 summons to do it.

I went with Ifrit, Shiva, and Leviathan to break barriers. You'll also want each summoner to have a decent summon that won't worry about resistance, I went with both of the 4* non-elementals + something else that wasn't memorable. Nothing over 4* potency. I didn't have any worthwhile summon BSBs/SSBs either.

The trick is to not cast any summons in phase two until the barrier is at the correct point for you to double break it for the double ether, at which point you spam your non-elemental summons.

You are timed based on the number of times you break the crystal, which means casting anything prior to breaking the barrier doesn't really help you, if anything it means you miss out on ethers because you kill the crystal before the pots.

Working on the timing of breaking the barriers is the only hard part. I recommend casting the required summon about half a second after the barrier shift, otherwise you might cast it too soon.

Edit: It didn't really take that many hones. I've been playing since November (2 orb fests, no refreshes) and it took well under 20% of my stocked summon orbs. If you've done one fest you should be fine.

Thanks. I'll try some adjusting once the xp daily goes away. I don't have the 4* non elementals, maybe that's the problem.

Meanwhile in lucky land Ramza USB, Irvine pentabreak super and some Setzer golden dice which looked like trash and likely is.

Lightning BSB1, Thancred super (+wind knife).

Pretty good. Ramza USB is good and my first USB, my first pentabreak, yet another 10 atk for Lightning (+40 total now) and a wind dagger.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Johnny Aztec posted:

loving PULL THAT poo poo

I just got FIVE loving things off Support!
Sasuke's Blade- Ramza's Ultra
Iga Blade Ramza's Burst
Staff of the magi All Protect + shell and 30% Max HP damage shield. (Who the heck is Larsa?)
Traitor's Bow
Bismark.

I actually have Shout and Tailwind already. Maybe I should reshuffle my teams and start running Ramza :v:

I don't know if I should pull on the other Nightmare. Probably just be disappointed at this point aha

well, i pulled on both. got faris' super soul break and a 4th orlandeau osb :shepface:

Killing Vector
May 3, 2009
Support: Setzer BSB, Wakka BSB, Quina SSB
Celerity: Zack BSB, Lightning SSB2

No dupes, three new bursts, and even the SSBs come on element-boosting armor. All in all, I'm quite pleased.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Only had enough for 1. Pulled on Celerity.

Shadow BSB and Lightning SSB. I'm happy enough with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Support: Barret SSB2 (I think? It's the pentabreak one), Gordon BSB
Celerity: Zidane SSB1 (ugh), Zidane BSB (dupe), Fran BSB (:toot:)

Not the best draws ever or anything, but I'll take Fran BSB and more II synergy for 50 mythril.

Assuming we get Black/White luckies to complete the Nightmare set, not sure if I really want to pull on those since I have basically all the healer gear I'll ever need (except for maybe Larsa BSB, but even then I can get debuff barrier from Tyro USB) and there are a loooot of bad old mage SSBs. I'll have to take a closer look at the pools, I guess.

Grozz Nuy fucked around with this message at 06:06 on May 24, 2017

• Locked thread