Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Qubee
May 31, 2013

Nah Tchanka means Mountain in Russian

it's also the sound he makes when he sits down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

No, I mean they're rebalancing his gadget to add a cart and horse. It's part of Operation Health.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

They should give him a second gun for rapid redeployment and to set up kill zones

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TlxNAf-mqE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YN-mHrL18gA

After a couple months off I made two lovely videos.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

Admiral Joeslop posted:

After a couple months off I made two lovely videos.

do your subtitles ever tell you when the enemy is reloading or something useful like that?

also it's dead at work so have another silly vid for this page:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-goNpvNGOCw

:350:

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

The Echo & Twitch drone scene. :perfect:

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Thief posted:

do your subtitles ever tell you when the enemy is reloading or something useful like that?

also it's dead at work so have another silly vid for this page:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-goNpvNGOCw

:350:

They might have when the game launched and you could actually hear the enemy team say their lines. I usually leave full subtitles on in every game I play just out of habit.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

According to Reddit there aren't actually any changes coming tomorrow? Just a background change and rank reset.

This health focus is off to a great start

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

The Duggler posted:

According to Reddit there aren't actually any changes coming tomorrow? Just a background change and rank reset.

This health focus is off to a great start

https://rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-ca/updates/health/index.aspx

Operation Health is tackling huge infrastructure changes, if it was something trivial that required only a few days of work we wouldn't have delayed a whole season.

Follow the progress here: https://rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-CA/news/164-290987-16/operation-health-221-priority-list

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Hard, have you fixed your game yet?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

So what's the best way to use Buck's shotgun for breaching? It seems like it fucks up walls and hatches pretty well but for doors and windows it seems inconsistant?

Edit:That part with Rook on the plane in the second video really,really reminds me of the reveal trailer for this game where they had people doing that kind of thing on house (trying to slowly advance behind a shield man while peeking i mean) and now we see why you should never try this in game :allears:

The Shame Boy fucked around with this message at 00:35 on May 24, 2017

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Playing a guy who claims to be from Illinois, playing through a VPN, with his 185 ping.

Hard pls.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Hard posted:

https://rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-ca/updates/health/index.aspx

Operation Health is tackling huge infrastructure changes, if it was something trivial that required only a few days of work we wouldn't have delayed a whole season.

Follow the progress here: https://rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-CA/news/164-290987-16/operation-health-221-priority-list

A few days of work?

So this is all just being worked on now? I assumed they cancelled the season and began working on things internally weeks or months ago

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Playing a guy who claims to be from Illinois, playing through a VPN, with his 185 ping.

Hard pls.

VPNs are a necessity now thanks to the FCC. Gotta live with 'em.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

So what's the best way to use Buck's shotgun for breaching? It seems like it fucks up walls and hatches pretty well but for doors and windows it seems inconsistant?

There's a sweet spot for the range you need to shoot it at where it spreads a lot but still does sufficient damage. Play around with it and you'll get a feel for it. You can destroy doors and windows in two shots at that sweet spot range if you don't shoot at the same area twice. You wanna shoot the top part and then the bottom (or vice versa) and not just shoot the same area multiple times. If you shoot the same spot multiple times it'll usually take 3-4 shots instead of 2.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Putting a laser on your gun will also increase the range of the skeleton key, but also reduce the spread

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
Buck is IMO the best Caviera hunter. Since she's only 1 armor it's really easy to blast her with the shotgun and down her in 1 shot before she can pistol you.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

my kinda ape posted:

Buck is IMO the best Caviera hunter. Since she's only 1 armor it's really easy to blast her with the shotgun and down her in 1 shot before she can pistol you.

buck is loving rad for players that like to improvise

but jackal is extremely good at countering natural roamers, even cav who can hide her footprints from him. realistically she will not be able to remain traceless for the entire round or even care to silent step like that unless she somehow knows jackal is present early on.

and even if she dedicates every effort to dealing with him that means that jackal is reducing her overall potential effectiveness unless she is on john wick levels of home defense.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

you guys are acting like Buck and Jackal don't just run in and get shot/interrogated in the first 30 seconds, what game are you playing?

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
Jackal and Cav were basically made for eachother, it seems, but most cav players are garbage idiots who will sit on the wrong side of the map until they're the last man standing, or who won't relocate using silent steps(leaving a giant breadcrumb trail) and then getting revealed(sitting in a corner on the wrong side of the map) and promptly skullfucked.

Buck is good for being a badass roaming motherfucker who just blows up all the walls everywhere but the skeleton key isn't an especially good anti-cav weapon, you're better off just aiming well with regular bullets, the only exception to that is when you're close enough to eskimo kiss because a little further away than that and the shotty tends to be a lovely diceroll.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

tbh i usually play buck/twitch like glaz in the first half of a round just hammering the perimeter maybe throwing a frag/tazer drone out unless the situation allows otherwise

when it comes to jackal a big part of the enjoyment with him comes from ignoring scanning footprints and just using the dance instructions to give you an idea where to throw flashbangs into camper corners

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

I learned how to play beer pong from the Prince of Uganda at a university party.
I typically try to counter Jackal when playing Cav by almost exclusively silent stepping. During prep phase, I run out of OBJ with it on, stop when it runs out, let it refill, then move to another spot. I generally neglect it when most of the enemy has been dealt with and the danger is reduced. Or when I suck at being Cav/my team sucks and have to rush OBJ because I'm the last alive. Even if Jackal gets a fix on you, you can avoid it by silent stepping just before his next scan finishes.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

The Duggler posted:

A few days of work?

So this is all just being worked on now? I assumed they cancelled the season and began working on things internally weeks or months ago

It can't be black or white as there's quite a few gray areas. Whether you assumed right or wrong about certain aspects of the dev process you should refer to the link I've posted as it is pretty much on point with the priorities and whats to come next during this season.

Kikas posted:

Here's a roadmap for Op Health:

Considering what was launched yesterday(?) to be 2.0 at the start of the new season, 2.1 should contain what's mentioned above.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

browsing comedy options in the store while waiting for the matchmaker is gonna be the best part of this season

please tell the CEO of ubisoft that i'm willing to make HQ skins for every loadout in the game since whoever's job it is now doesn't seem to want to spend more than 1 hour per season working on them

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Thief posted:

browsing comedy options in the store while waiting for the matchmaker is gonna be the best part of this season

please tell the CEO of ubisoft that i'm willing to make HQ skins for every loadout in the game since whoever's job it is now doesn't seem to want to spend more than 1 hour per season working on them

Show us your work.

e: Wasn't trying to put you in front of a bus or anything I legitimately love to see community skins.

Hard fucked around with this message at 18:30 on May 24, 2017

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

Hard posted:

Show us your work.

lol i'm phone postin from work and don't have a portfolio but i'll make some stuff later for the fun of it.

its been years since i've done any models though so anything i'd do would be reskins but if its a matter of just making season specific designs and putting them on existing guns then cool

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Time for Siege to go full CS:GO and outsource its texturing to the community for more $$profit$$

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
as i said previously, i'd really love gloves.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
So how buggy were these new operators if they suddenly decided two weeks before their release to cancel

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Carecat posted:

So how buggy were these new operators if they suddenly decided two weeks before their release to cancel

Would not be surprised if the Hibana bug wasn't the impetus behind this whole thing and as they progressed they ran up into enough issues that they had to start redesigning systems.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Carecat posted:

You tell me how buggy are the new operators if they will spend 3 months in potentially successful attempts to remake Hibana from grounds up.

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers
yay the update crashed my pc.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I want the Pepe Skin for the MP5

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.

Malcolm Excellent posted:

I want the Pepe Skin for the MP5

Whoah!?!? Frog skins for the French guns. That's, not only rude but also, like putting swastika skins on the German guns.

I'm not saying don't put frog skins on the French guns, but Ubi; make it fair and balanced. You know what to do.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Okay fine put SS Pepe on both guns

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Hard fix the pool.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

im glad that Ubi is taking the position that it is ok to be racist against the French.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

@Hard - i fixed the molokai skins:

inform Mr. Clancy that i accept cash or paypal

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Thief posted:

@Hard - i fixed the molokai skins:

inform Mr. Clancy that i accept cash or paypal

What's changed about it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Game is more loving busted now than before lmao.

• Locked thread