Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

koolkevz666
Aug 22, 2015
1. Ivanov Support
2. Ivanov CAS
3.Ivanov Fighters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManifunkDestiny
Aug 2, 2005
THE ONLY THING BETTER THAN THE SEAHAWKS IS RUSSELL WILSON'S TAINT SWEAT

Seahawks #1 fan since 2014.
1. K&P Attack
2. BFLM Attack
3. Ivanov Attack

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
1. K&P Attack
2. Ivanov Support
3. K&P Fighter

Added Space fucked around with this message at 04:27 on May 24, 2017

Velius
Feb 27, 2001
1. Ivanov Support
2. Ivanov Fighter
3. Ivanov CAS

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

1. BFLM CAS Focus
2. Ivanov Fighter
3. K&P CAS

The summary says not to vote but I assume that was a typo?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
1. BFLM Attack
2. K&P Attack
3. Ivanov Attack

ldragon
Feb 18, 2011
1. Ivanov Support
2. Ivanov CAS
3. Ivanov Fighter

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
1. K&P Attack
2. BFLM Attack
3. Ivanov Support

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
1. Ivanov Support
2. Ivanov Attack
3. K&P Fighter.

Psawhn
Jan 15, 2011
1. 1. BFLM Attack
2. K&P Attack
3. Ivanov Attack

It's a toss-up for me between BFLM or K&P attack. Having an MPA/cruise missileer is good, but they both get good F-16s, but BFLM has drones and A-10s. Su-24s would be neat for their interesting payloads, though.

I'd consider voting for bote, but I really don't want more useless things like those Mig-21s.

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Mutiny!?! More like "reinterpreted orders"
What's the biggest selling point of the corvette? Because that's what it is. It isn't a frigate, it's a dinky little corvette.

There isn't a real selling point. I t doesn't do anything we need well.

Sensors: It's radar only has a range of 69 nautical miles and a basic sonar package. By comparison, the radar on the K&P Alantique 2 can see 240 nautical miles and it can spread over a hundred sonobouys over a much wider area. It can't see poo poo. It could get hammered by a Kayak ASM and never even see the plane that fired it.

Weapons: The Buryan-M only has a 100m gun with an 8nmi range, and it only has room for eight anti-ship cruise missiles or eight land-attack cruise missiles. It has no ability to kill submarines. And it has a dinky little Igla and only one 30mm CIWS for last-ditch air defense. For the same price, we could buy four AMRAAM-chucking F-16DJs, have enough Tornadoes to fire ten cruise missiles, and we'd be able to hunt subs.

Durability: Wanna know how many damage points the corvette has? 200 damage points. Just one Exocet does 165 damage points. One GBU-24 Paveway does 363 damage points. Our enemy could literally park a Phantom at 15,000 feet, drop a Paveways down the funnel of the Buyran-M. The ship would be vaporized and we couldn't do poo poo about it.

And it's all shackled to a terrible aircraft package. Short-legged MiG-21s with bad radars, no BVR missiles, and no smart bombs. Mi-35s which will get eaten by AAA and SAMs. One EWAR plane too slow to keep up with our strike packages. And one marginally useful EWAR Fencer.

Do NOT vote for Ivanov Support

Bacarruda fucked around with this message at 03:55 on May 24, 2017

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013
Why Ivanov Support is a gigantic trap

or how I learned to stop worrying and hate the bote.

First of all, let us consider the operational risks of having a bote. A bote will require constant CAP nearby, and as we saw quite a few times in Angola (not just in the alpha strike that Rohan and Silent Bob helped save our asses with, this also happened during the push to Luanda), we don't have enough CAP aircraft as is. The bote will just make that situation even worse.

So, with that out of the way, let's take a look at the rest of the package.

First of all, helicopters are incredibly micro-intensive. We've had quite a few planes lost because Yooper got distracted by other stuff going on in the midst of a mission. The helos are likely to be lost at an even higher rate thanks to that, never mind that helicopters are far more vulnerable to SHORAD like AA guns and MANPADS than aircraft are. In Angola, we lost a Frogfoot, both Hawks, an Sk60 and a Tornado to SHORAD assets, and we nearly lost an AMX and the other Frogfoot to them too. How long do you think the much more vulnerable Hinds are going to last?

Secondly, those loving Fishbeds. These are the A2A equivalent of the Sk 60s, except even worse. These are straight up flying coffins.

The only semi-notable asset here is the An-12s, but we will struggle to truly bring these to bear because they're so big and slow.

Stago Lego
Sep 3, 2011
1. Ivanov Fighter
2. Ivanov Attack
3. K&P Attack

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Bacarruda posted:

What's the biggest selling point of the corvette?

That it's a bote.

I figure if people ignore the two superior options then gently caress it I'm voting for the comedy option.

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

1. BFLM Support
2. Ivanov Attack
3. Ivanov Support

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

1. Ivanov CAS
2. K&P CAS
3. BFLM CAS
4. Literally anything that isn't Ivanov support

Swingers club, let's do this.

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

1. K&P Attack
2. Ivanov Attack
3. K&P Fighter

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

1. K&P Fighter
2. Ivanov Attack
3. Ivanov Fighters

TyrantSabre
Nov 4, 2009

Get close to the explosion.
1. Ivanov Attack
2. BFLM Attack
3. K&P Attack

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

1. Ivanov Support
2. BFLM Attack
3. Ivanov Attack

Dagon fucked around with this message at 05:32 on May 24, 2017

Chunky Monkey
Jun 12, 2005
Kill the Gnome!
1. Ivanov Support
2. BFLM Attack
3. K&P Attack

Remember to VOTE BOTE!

omegasgundam
Mar 30, 2010
Anybody that votes for the Boat forfeits any right to complain when it, and the rest of the package, accomplish gently caress all and get turned to scrap metal by otherwise trivial opponents.

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Mutiny!?! More like "reinterpreted orders"

omegasgundam posted:

Anybody that votes for the Boat forfeits any right to complain when it, and the rest of the package, accomplish gently caress all and get turned to scrap metal by otherwise trivial opponents.

I vote that all boat voters be transferred to crew it.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

K&P Attack
BLFM Attack
K&P Fighter

For the love of Cthulhu don't buy the boat.

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

I'm mostly curious what the appeal of BFLM support is.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Bacarruda posted:

Nope. They get the Fishbeds.

orcbuster
May 17, 2017

power crystals posted:

2 P-3C orions MPAs giving us an impressive ASW capability not to mention aurface vessel detection.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Hoping the vote counter doesnt separate attack/CAS votes, cuz that would be sad

1) Ivanov Attack / CAS
2) KP Attack / CAS
3) KP Fighter

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013

power crystals posted:

Support assets for days. Two P-3 Orions, two HC-130H transports/maritime patrol aircraft, some land recon in the form of the Predators and some Super Tukes for funsies, I guess.

ldragon
Feb 18, 2011

Bacarruda posted:

xthetenth posted:

Nope. They get the Fishbeds.

I Accept this as part of the bote lobby. Therefore I'd like to fly one of the fishbeds if we get one as Ldragon.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?
What if we got the bote and didn't have enough goons listed to crew it so it's useless?

1 BFLM Attack
2 K&P Fighter
3 K&P Attack

I managed to avoid the vtol brain syndrome this time. MALDs, NG Gripens or some form of F-16 with the BR 1150 sound so good I want them all.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
Don't give me a coastal corvette,
Cause the Fishbeds it comes with are sh'et,
And one bomb from the sky
Means you kiss it goodbye!
Don't give me a coastal corvette!

1) Ivanov Attack
New airframes with zero waste. What's not to love?
2) K&P Attack
Our Tornadoes are good, and this'll give us 10 Brimstone chuckers!
3) K&P Fighters
New Gripens and Termies! Not the BMPT we all know and hate, but hey.

Davin Valkri fucked around with this message at 07:22 on May 24, 2017

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est
1.) K&P SUPPORT
2.) BFLM ATTACK
3.) K&P ATTACK

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
1. BFLM Fighter
2. BFLM Attack
3. K&P Attack

gently caress botes, gently caress rotary wing.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
1. K&P CAS
2. Ivanov CAS
3. BFLM CAS

cannonfodder43
Jul 15, 2004
1. K&P Fighter
2. K&P Attack
3. Ivanov Attack

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer
1. K&P Attack/CAS - probably the best package offered, F-16s are cool and capable, Tornadoes are ugly and capable, plus a MPA that can also drop GBUs and fire Exocets. What's not to like? I also happen to own 1/48 greek F-16 that could end up in HG markings.
2. BFLM Attack/CAS - MALDs and more F-16s. While I'm really not a fan of A-10s, they could be useful.
3. Ivanov Fighters - Just for diversity, we could use some russian-made planes. Also Su-35s are amazing.

Nick Esasky
Nov 10, 2009
Fencers and Fulcrums and You: How to love Comrade Bombski

the Mig-29K: Carrier Fulcrums Are Superior Fighters:

Apparently the Indians have had delays in whatever new CVN they were building, and so they decided to flog off some of the fighters they bought for the thing to replace all the guys the Chinese shot down or something. Anyway, despite being new and suddenly second hand, these are really good birds for their price.

First off, unlike most Fulcrums, the carrier variant have a couple extra stations to slap weapons into, that can actually hold all of the possible munitions they can carry. And unlike unmodernized Fulcrums, they are not at all limited to lovely SARH Alamos for blowing up things BVR, and actually have a couple of very good standoff missiles to throw at things. And to make it REALLY standoff from most other modernized Fulcrums, its able to be REFUELED IN FLIGHT so it can actually go places with a payload.

So anyway, the things it can carry

Loadout Number 1: Comrade AMRAAMSki (AA-12 Adder)
Huzzah, the lovely 45 NM SARH Alamos are gone. Instead the 29K gets to have 45 NM Russian AMRAAMs to toss about when CAPing, which are probably a bit better at hitting things than the ones on our Phantoms. Up to 6 of them, plus two Archers on the wingtips. You can double the CAP time by dropping two of them for fuel tanks. Also of note is that all of the strike loads for the 29K have either a 2 Adder/2 Archer combo, or 4 Archers (Presumably because of Carrier Ski-Jump Weight Limits), so it can go CAP a bit after blowing something up.

Loadout Number 2: Comrade HARMSki(AS-17 Krypton C)
These guys are really freaking fast ARMs. 60 NM range (the ALARM is 40, the HARM we're looking at is 70 NM). They go at Mach 3.5 in the top altitude bands, 2.4 on the deck. ALARM does Mach 3.1 in the top bands, and only 1.75 when on the deck and approaching something likely to be shooting at it. HARM does the same speed as Krypton up top, but only Mach 1.95 when coming in for a kill. Mig 29Ks carry 4 of them out to 270 NM, 2 out to 520. The Fencers can also carry 4 of these guys, in case we need to spew 54 ARMs at a group of SAM Batteries stuck together or something.

There is ALSO an alternative seeker head for the Krypton that turns them into the Krypton A, which only the Fulcrum carries. It basically turns the thing into an ASM that goes really fast that you have to get to within 60 NM of the target to launch. Could be nice to try throwing 24 of the things at something at once and see how many it can actually shoot down, especially given that they go in at 30 ft above the water.

Loadout Number 3: Comrade Harpoonski+ (AS-20 Kayak)
Oh boy, this is an interesting guy. Its' a Russian Harpoon that manages to go out to 140 NM of range, GPS Navigation, has subsonic speed, all the usual cruise missile stuff. It also has the ability to be targetted onto buildings and runways as well as ships, though its warhead is not as big as the Storm Shadow. It does cruise at 30 ft above the ground instead of 300, which might reduce the risk of being shot down. Oh, and the Fulcrums can carry 4 of them at max load instead of 2 Shadows on the Tornados.

Loadout 4: Bombs
Not very much to say here, a few loadouts for GP bombs and Rockets, and one loadout for all of 2 TV-Guided bombs. Must imagine that the Russians/Indians don't care about bombs on their carrier fighters since its rather hard to get a heavy load of them launched off of a ski jump. DB doesn't exactly have room to consider the hypothetical of being on land.

the SU-24M2: Where Mud Gets Moved About
These are remarkably fancy birds by Soviet standards, especially Soviet Ground Attack standards. they have a A2A/A2G radar, they have a Terrain Following radar that lets them stay at 200 ft above the ground in all conditions instead of having to pull up at night, a fancy bombsight for those iron bombing types, built-in ECM/RWR, an all-direction laser designator instead of the forwards only poo poo on the SU-25, swing wings, and bloody Inflight Refueling Capability.

Now the loadout list for Fencers is loving huge, and include a fair few redundencies from the 70s and 80s, so i'm gonna be categorising stuff a bit, some of these have Archers for self-defense, some don't:

Category 1: ARMs (AS 11, 12, and 17)
The AS-12 is from 1975, has only 20 NM of range, and is generally poo poo. The AS-11 is from 1983(i know, don't ask), has 60 NM of range like the Krypton, is a bit slower, and lacks Home On Shut Off Radar capability. The Krypton is already covered under the Fulcrum (Fencers only get the C and not the ASM version, though).

Category 2: Maverickskis (AS-10 and 14)
The AS-10 is a laser-guided guy, up to 4 of them can be carried. 6 NM of range, does twice as much damage to buildings and ships than the actual Maverick (which are about 8 Brimstones of damage).
The AS-14 is also laser guided, 6 NM, but only 3 can be carried. It does have twice the warhead of the AS-10, so about 4 mavericks.

Category 3: Cruise Missiles (AS-13 and 18)
500 knot standoff missiles, 2 per Fencer, can be shot at just about anything. TV guided via datalink pod, 5.5 Mavericks of damage each. Only real difference is that the AS-13 has 25 NM of range vs. 60 for the AS-18.

Category 4: War Crimes
Now we're into the bombs and everything associated with them, but i'll get to the things Goons will inevitably be looking for first. The maximum amount of Cluster Bombs the fencer carries is 6 RBK-500 dispensers/bombs/we, each of which holds 218 Anti-Tank Bomblets. For napalming everything to poo poo, its 6 RBK-500-ZABs, with 117 incendiary bomblets each. Theres also Soviet Durandals in here that drop 12 Runway Fucker Bomblets each.

Category 5: Precision Guided Bombskis
lots of options here. Basically, you pick whether you want your bomb to be laser or TV guided. Then you get to pick between whether you want your pain in form of 2 500 KG bombs, 4 500 KG bombs, or 1-3 1500 KG bombs. the 1500 KGs can also be bunker-buster bombs instead of regular

Category 6: Regular Bombskis
Good lord theres a lot of options here. you have 100 KG bombs, 2 kinds of 250 KG bombs, 2 kinds of 500 KG bombs, and 1500 KG bombs as well. Theres also 100kg and 250kg Frag Bombs, but i'm not sure WTH they're actually used for. Shitton of loadout options, with the highest number of individual bombs being 38 100 KG bombs. Maximum Boom is achieved by carting around 30 250 KG bombs, with a max of 10 500 KGs and 3 1500 KGs.

Category 7: Rokkits
Also a million loadouts for these. Come in sizes from 57mm to 266mm, with a couple of them being listed as HEAT or Penetrator. Not much to say, if you guys want to rokkit, you have lots of rokkit to chose from here.

Fencer E: The ECM Guy
Basically, a Fencer with even more fancy electronics shoved in. Full ELINT Suite, can OECM up to 10 different targets, can keep up with the regular Fencers and other attack birds, and can even go supersonic if you want. Doesn't have ARMs, but you have 14 other aircraft if you want those. it has a 1350 NM range before going RTB, and the radar has a range of 80 NM, makes a good ghetto plane to find botes to shoot if we have to, IMO.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

1. Ivanov Support
2. BFLM Attack
3. BFLM Support Focus

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at 15:00 on May 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Bunch of senseless unprovoked anti-bote hate and propaganda on display in this thread. smh