Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
or just tell them you wanted a phone that has an os as clowny as ios 7+ but that had a headphone jack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

that's what the iPhone Steve, extremely is for

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
does the iPhone se come w/ ios 6 (or better yet ios 5)?

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
recruiter wants to have a phone conversation today or tomorrow. so its either a yes or they want to let me down slightly more politely than an email. don't get your hopes up don't get your hopes up

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

hobbesmaster posted:

just dodge it and say it's a work phone or something

studying the enemy

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

i fucken hate when they email me to schedule a call to decline me its like you're gonna make me schedule a slice of my work day to duck out and a take a call from you and its just you telling me to gently caress off???!! save me the headache and just do it over email! do everything over email!!!

Iverron
May 13, 2012

Bloody posted:

i fucken hate when they email me to schedule a call to decline me its like you're gonna make me schedule a slice of my work day to duck out and a take a call from you and its just you telling me to gently caress off???!! save me the headache and just do it over email! do everything over email!!!

I long for any communication at all after in person interviews instead of this ghosting poo poo

Shaman Linavi
Apr 3, 2012

Iverron posted:

i long for any communication at all after in person interviews instead of this ghosting poo poo
:same:

also during my amazon interview late last year i got a handful of robocalls all at once and i had forgot to turn my phone off (but had it on silent!) so rip

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

hobbesmaster posted:

just dodge it and say it's a work phone or something
say its a work phone and then complain about how poo poo it is, pointing out specific examples of braindead design

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.

Bloody posted:

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Bloody posted:

if this is what he does ima be hecka mad

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

cis autodrag posted:

if this is what he does ima be hecka mad

although ive already had one apple recruiter call me to give a no after a phone screen so im not getting my hopes up (or at least trying not to). at least making it to an onsite is progress :unsmith:

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

cis autodrag posted:

although ive already had one apple recruiter call me to give a no after a phone screen so im not getting my hopes up (or at least trying not to). at least making it to an onsite is progress :unsmith:

Fingers crossed

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

cis autodrag posted:

good luck. figures await you in the future either way

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
would you rather

quote:

We really appreciated your time in talking with recruitment and our hiring manager. At this time we do not see a close fit between your skill set and our open role. That said, I will hold onto your resume for reference on future roles.

Sorry for the delay in this process. Appreciate your diligence with us. All the best in your career endeavors.

sent literally two months later.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I'm really sick of "I have something to tell you, let's do a call at 3:30pm" sent at 8am. just loving email me what you want to say.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

The Management posted:

I'm really sick of "I have something to tell you, let's do a call at 3:30pm" sent at 8am. just loving email me what you want to say.

it's like that tv thing where they're always do "boss, you need to take a look at this, no time to explain just get down here" on the phone it's like no we do have time since we're already talking and it's going to take me a minute to get there

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
privacy policy etc etc but I've always wondered if looking at your App Store/iTunes purchase history factors into the candidate review process at Apple since you use your Apple ID to submit job apps

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

dragon enthusiast posted:

since you use your Apple ID to submit job apps

what the gently caress

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
i just registered a new one. i don't even remember what email i used to use for itunes.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

dragon enthusiast posted:

privacy policy etc etc but I've always wondered if looking at your App Store/iTunes purchase history factors into the candidate review process at Apple since you use your Apple ID to submit job apps

big companies do not work that way. most engineers don't have access to production data, and hr certainly doesn't, and queries are logged. I'd be more worried about your twitter account.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

The Management posted:

big companies do not work that way. most engineers don't have access to production data, and hr certainly doesn't, and queries are logged. I'd be more worried about your twitter account.

thank god stalkers caused me to delete all my social media i guess?

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

Hi dip poo poo,

Thank you for putting up with my corny joke. I hope that brought a little laughter to your day. I am a Technical Leadership Recruiter within Amazon and came across your profile in my network. I partner with engineering teams across Amazon’s Senior Engineering community and we are seeking leaders to own and author software design and architecture, while mentoring and developing other talented engineers in our Detroit office.

It would be great to connect and find out more about you and your work and career goals. We offer full relocation support from anywhere in the U.S. and Canada. Would you be interested in engineering leadership opportunities at Amazon’s Detroit office?

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

I hope you get the apple job and escape from mumps

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

mishaq posted:

employers don't want to hire someone that exercises extremely poor judgement

choosing anroid is a red flag

owning any smartphone is a red flag, particularly if your role involves infosec in the slightest

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

redleader posted:

owning any smartphone is a red flag, particularly if your role involves infosec in the slightest

:tinfoil:

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters
posting from anroid at a place that holds cardholder data

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

qirex posted:

no and why would anyone see your phone since during an interview it should be on do not disturb and out of sight

because that's where I keep my checklist of interview-the-company questions because I don't trust my memory

oh or maybe someone is proud of the app or site or what they made and can demo it on a phone I guess

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

AWWNAW posted:

I hope you get the apple job and escape from mumps

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
awww thanks guys. if i get the job, what should i be expecting as far as relocation assistance? i have a half-renovated condo to sell and id want a realtor to help me find a rental house.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

cis autodrag posted:

awww thanks guys. if i get the job, what should i be expecting as far as relocation assistance? i have a half-renovated condo to sell and id want a realtor to help me find a rental house.
You should expect them to pay for a moving company to haul your poo poo and a month or two in corporate housing so you can shop for your own place. You'll likely have the ability to decline all that and take cash instead.

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

cis autodrag posted:

rental house.

Lol got some bad news for you (assuming this is Cupertino)

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
Also note that it is intern season out here and all the temporary housing is extra gone.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Progressive JPEG posted:

Lol got some bad news for you (assuming this is Cupertino)

my wife said she's seen a lot of rentals in our price range within a reasonable distance. and not cupertino.

i absolutely cannot afford to buy at sv prices but I have two dogs including an adorbs pit bull that needs some room to run. an apartment ain't gonna cut it.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

cis autodrag posted:

my credit cards are full lol

cis autodrag posted:

but I have two dogs including an adorbs pit bull that needs some room to run

cis autodrag posted:

an apartment ain't gonna cut it.

your lifestyle is a piece of poo poo

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

mlyp

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

cis autodrag posted:

here's how it works for apple, google, amazon and the other big tech companies. they will get you a relocation package. that package is either straight up cash or a moving company to transport all of your poo poo, including cars, to their location. they will get you several weeks at corporate housing / hotel / short term rental so you can find a place to stay. they may help you in rental or purchase search. they may rent you a car while yours is being transported. they may help your spouse with job placement. if you need something else, tell them.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

The Management posted:

here's how it works for apple, google, amazon and the other big tech companies. they will get you a relocation package. that package is either straight up cash or a moving company to transport all of your poo poo, including cars, to their location. they will get you several weeks at corporate housing / hotel / short term rental so you can find a place to stay. they may help you in rental or purchase search. they may rent you a car while yours is being transported. they may help your spouse with job placement. if you need something else, tell them.

epic thissery

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

kinda wish flat cash had at least been an option, they paid probably around as much as my stuff is worth to move it across the country

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Bloody posted:

epic thissery
thirding, my options were 1) pile of money, or 2) small pile of money and they move all my stuff. they hooked me up with a local realtor-type person and flew me out before I started to look at apartments, and iirc were willing to either put me up in an extended stay for a month or pay a month's worth of rent

• Locked thread