Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i bet helck could transform into a spaceship if he tried hard enough. he can do all sorts of things!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New non-omake chapter - http://bato.to/reader#bbac01d51a508f05

The above-posted omake chapter with Piwi was actually relevant.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
95.1: http://bato.to/reader#6fc5acecdca55f9c

welp

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Eaaaaat a godddaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmn DIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCKKK

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
Oh Son of a bitch!

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I'm mad.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

WIZARDS, RIGHT AND WRONG

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Logicblade posted:

Oh Son of a bitch!

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
"I wanted to change the world, but now I'm dead (or dying). Guess I'll just destroy the world then!"

There aren't enough dicks in the world :argh:

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

mikaros eat the dicks

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Logicblade posted:

Oh Son of a bitch!

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I'm mad too, because Mikaros is just a big drag, go away already

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

This whole arc has completely killed any interest I had in the series.

RIP Helck, you were good while you lasted.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I do not like this, Sam I am.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

AfricanBootyShine posted:

It hasn't been great.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

AfricanBootyShine posted:

Yeah, I've kind of stopped looking forward to the new chapters.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Helck didn't always consist of endless monologues interrupted by samey battles, right? New concepts get introduced and wrapped up from one chapter to the next: Helck's become like Onepunchman, tearing overpowered bad guys a new one on a weekly basis.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Hopefully well have another arc of traveling and character moments.
Though this arc is seemingly heading up for a close.

buuuuut
there have been too many moments of 'oh woops heres more villainry'

And Helck's herofied friends seem to have been forgotten too. Wanna see what theyre up to.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

And More posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Helck didn't always consist of endless monologues interrupted by samey battles, right? New concepts get introduced and wrapped up from one chapter to the next: Helck's become like Onepunchman, tearing overpowered bad guys a new one on a weekly basis.

If this was One Punch Man it would be fun.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

This is probably the endgame of the story

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I am going to be shattered if Helck cannot save Alicia.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

chumbler posted:

I am going to be shattered if Helck cannot save Alicia.

same

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Aurora posted:

Going by the plot threads left hanging.
probably not.

Or is it one of those stories that builds a world then gives you like 5% of it.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Aurora posted:

This chapter just talked about how there's a whole lot of people like Mikaros out there who are going to keep trying to create that New World, so I don't think so.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

SyntheticPolygon posted:

This chapter just talked about how there's a whole lot of people like Mikaros out there who are going to keep trying to create that New World, so I don't think so.

Well, Helck's gonna meet and defeat all of them in the next three chapters, so…

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

this has dragged on too much I think. they keep faking out the victory and it's gotten a little old

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Aurora posted:

They're still working on that whole 'Save the humans' quest rn. There's still the Will of the World trying to control all the demons, the northern front and the other two heavenly knights to be addressed.

Also all this stuff with the king has just been them trying to do enough damage to him to make him go to his final form.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Everything since the King reveal hasn't been very good, except for the Omakes. Hopefully that will change once this arc is over and characters like freaking Mikaros and The King aren't around.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Everything since the King reveal hasn't been very good, except for the Omakes. Hopefully that will change once this arc is over and characters like freaking Mikaros and The King aren't around.

Oh yeah, they still have to super murder the poo poo out of Rafead.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

They're still working on that whole 'Save the humans' quest rn. There's still the Will of the World trying to control all the demons, the northern front and the other two heavenly knights to be addressed.

Also all this stuff with the king has just been them trying to do enough damage to him to make him go to his final form.

yea only way this is end game is if helck got cancelled and the author has to wrap everything up right now

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

Oh yeah, they still have to super murder the poo poo out of Rafead.

Rafead is like the most interesting villain so far, so i'd be ok if they don't murder him right now and he sticks around in the story for a bit.

I'm kinda thinking this is going to end with Azudora's plan saving all the humans but Rafead showing up and escaping with Charami and maybe Cless.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
It's basically felt like I've been transported back to a playground where all the kids are arguing over how nuh-uh my super ultra mega double infinity death beam totally beats your stupid fire shield but no way man this twig is actually the sacred magical cursed alien angel power devil sword wand and

What I'm saying is, we need some more main-chapters Piuy levity.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

graybook posted:

It's basically felt like I've been transported back to a playground where all the kids are arguing over how nuh-uh my super ultra mega double infinity death beam totally beats your stupid fire shield but no way man this twig is actually the sacred magical cursed alien angel power devil sword wand and

What I'm saying is, we need some more main-chapters Piuy levity.

Agreed. I miss when things were actually moving along, rather than this bloated endgame that isn't even the endgame. New arc, please, or rap it up.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I also don't like the fighting, because it's not the comedy which is why I liked this series.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I like the fighting and the drama fine and some of my favourite moments in the comic have come from that, it's just that what feels like the last like 10 or even 20 chapters or so have been dealing with Mikaros and then immediately afterwards The King. And Mikaros is lame and a loser while The King was barely a character. And then Mikaros gets brought right back!

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
I like Helck so much because it delivers both comedy, action and pretty good emotional punches. Same reason I recommended it to friends.

One slightly too long in the tooth arc about one of the main plot points of the manga isn't gonna sour me just yet. :v:

unless he doesn't save alicia then I'll be super sour

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

The fighting is good in this we've just been fighting for like 20 chapters now

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Aurora posted:

The fighting is good in this we've just been fighting for like 20 chapters now

Look, it's been a while, okay? I was introduced to this during early last year, and the pacing was so good. But now the pacing is poo poo. That's my issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

I feel like a large part of the fatigue also has to do with this being approximately where the super fast translations slowed down to match the release. For the first seventy or so chapters, we got a massive, massive chunk, and tons of updates. Now we're going at normal speed, the plot is in drama mode, and we're at the point where the heroes have to find out things aren't as simple as they seemed. That all blends together to make things feel like they reached a screeching halt.

Things should pick up as we move along, but this was a bad point to have things slow.

• Locked thread