Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Team-ups use all of their applicable skills - the only fiddling you do is setting their mode with the three big buttons at the top between Always Out / Short Time Out / Only Away Powers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP
Team-Ups should have included any hero you own as a usable teamup, and let it earn EXP to level up with you as you use it as a Team Up. It'd even provide a spend more money option by letting it use skins.

But that'd require too much sense.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

I guess the console version no longer changes your name color when you prestige. but gives you an icon. It also increasse the XP you need by 25% each time and doesn't give a costume, but we already knew the costume bit was going to happen.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Grinning Goblin posted:

I guess the console version no longer changes your name color when you prestige. but gives you an icon. It also increasse the XP you need by 25% each time and doesn't give a costume, but we already knew the costume bit was going to happen.

this is worse than netmarble getting rid of keke

icr can never play the console now

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

we've crunched the numbers and lots of dorks are spending money on pointless xp buffs so they can get their meaningless yellow prestiges slightly faster and we'd like to discourage this

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

More proof Asros has no clue about anything to do with this game

His reply to this:
https://twitter.com/andrewhair/status/867138165328367616

https://twitter.com/Asros/status/867140771182399488

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

Don't poo poo on the evangelists

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68
Actually Tony Bing is a Scottish-Italian folk hero, please don't hate on the man. He has an understanding of the inner workings of the game at such a high level that it might not make sense to casual players. Plus, Asros clearly knows what he's talking about. I mean, he singlehandedly created Marvel Heroes.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

tony bing? they call him google maps cos hes streets ahead. hes already written a guide to playable paste pot pete.

Titan
Jan 14, 2002
They need to fix the loving Particle Effects Filter dammit.

I miss target lock so much. Every time I miss with RB or Chaos Blast on my SW because all the effects obscure the boss I die inside.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Gaz bug hunter posted:

While that sounds good in theory, the problem is that we don't have access to dev tools in the live game like we do in internal builds. So in the case of your example, the person testing would have to have the artifact in question, acquired by traditional means, in order to test it. That isn't always the case.

This is why we sometimes have to rely on player-submitted screenshots and videos to see those issues.
They never cease to amaze. :gaz:

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

MMAgCh posted:

They never cease to amaze. :gaz:

No developer ever does this by the way. You do that and they get hacked and found pretty much instantly. pfffffffbbbbtbbtbbtbtbbbbtthhhh

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 05:58 on May 26, 2017

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
That's as may be, but having to depend on RNG to hook you up with an item you need to reproduce a given issue just seems rather silly. :shobon:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

MMAgCh posted:

That's as may be, but having to depend on RNG to hook you up with an item you need to reproduce a given issue just seems rather silly. :shobon:

this is the case in like everything

If the live build is producing a glitch you can't find in internal builds there's nothing for it

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Kokoro Wish posted:

No developer ever does this by the way. You do that and they get hacked and found pretty much instantly.

Isn't this literally what GM accounts are for?

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.

McSpanky posted:

Isn't this literally what GM accounts are for?

Yes, and dev accounts, and all that stuff should be handled server side, so you know what, brain fart on my part. There should be tools to do that and as they said they're not on the live server.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

So, not sure what this means for this game, but Future Fight had the X-Men embargo lifted. They're getting their first X-Men and somebody asked the developer, "What about Fantastic Four?"

Developer replied: Anything is possible now.

So, this game should get anything cleared by Marvel now, right?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Superpro at last.......

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Can you cosmic characters in Future Fight? Asking for Davebo

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.

Kelp Plankton posted:

Superpro at last.......

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I always liked that Combo Man's skull-star hybrid chest symbol looked like an angry tooth

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Captain Marvel is pretty drat fun in this game. I also have Thor, Spidey, and Squirrel Girl. What other characters are fun? I'm thinking about maybe Star Lord and/or Black Panther.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
i am recently hooked on the pc version help

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Open Marriage Night posted:

Captain Marvel is pretty drat fun in this game. I also have Thor, Spidey, and Squirrel Girl. What other characters are fun? I'm thinking about maybe Star Lord and/or Black Panther.

if they didnt break them with the big update silver surfer and psylocke were the best fastest most full of butterflies

see the king himself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caag3ZdzjJs

Ramadu fucked around with this message at 07:03 on May 26, 2017

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

i am recently hooked on the pc version help
Don't worry, you'll be fine in another 2,000 hours of played.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

'Sup, NC bro. I've been playing him for the past few days. No dive bomb? PFFFFT! Cross-slash? You know it says it hits twice, it's tuned for two hits, but it only hits once. Bamf beatdown is better. And 37k health when NC is invulnerable almost all the time with a Bamf build.

EIDT: I went full retard, didn't I? That's the screenshot showing indicators behind the UI.

Lozareth fucked around with this message at 20:37 on May 26, 2017

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Lozareth posted:

'Sup, NC bro. I've been playing him for the past few days. No dive bomb? PFFFFT! Cross-slash? You know it says it hits twice, it's tuned for two hits, but it only hits once. Bamf beatdown is better. And 37k health when NC is invulnerable almost all the time with a Bamf build.

That was stolen from the O and look at what's hiding behind there

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
On the subject of the anniversary team-up:

Asros posted:

For those who want it spoiled:

Its a friggin' Helicarrier.

Not a joke.

100% away mode Team Up. Has powers that fire based off of signature use, medkit use, proc, etc.

Powers like Qunnjet strafing run, missile strikes, laser attacks, etc.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

One of my favorite comic book superheroes of all time is here!!! HELICARRIER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Well, at least they won't have people circling the vagine of the thing complaining about the length since there probably won't be any model.

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68
That's gotta be the second most disappointing anniversary gift I've ever heard of in this thread! At least the art will be done in-house and not commissioned through Etsy.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

That's a cool idea if you have no budget to make and animate a new character and also just want to reuse a bunch of existing VFX work and not hire a voice actor and also basically make everyone disappointed

Can't wait until it's a playable character

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Kelp Plankton posted:

Can't wait until it's a playable character

Tag-Team Hellicarriers. Faceroll for explosions.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Hey now, we're also getting motherfucking Cosmo the Spacedog. Let's not be too ungrateful.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007
So I just re-installed this and I have basically forgotten everything, can I have an invite to the supergroup so I can get some (maybe) sage advice? In game name is keao.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Marvel Heroes: A weird and depressing thread, full of years of baggage

There isn't a PS4 specific thread I assume?

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Grinning Goblin posted:

Well, at least they won't have people circling the vagine of the thing complaining about the length since there probably won't be any model.

you have high expectations of the marvel heroes two thousand and sixteen user base

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.

katkillad2 posted:

Marvel Heroes: A weird and depressing thread, full of years of baggage

There isn't a PS4 specific thread I assume?

Someone else is going to have to make one, because as you can see from all the slumped, mumbling specimens here; backs hunched with years of jade chips on their shoulders, they aren't going to do it.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 02:47 on May 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Ouch for the few of us still playing that used the cosmic movement reset affix:

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/323119/cosmic-movement-affix-change#latest

It's changed on TC to a 60s cooldown and only restores 1 charge.