Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
What's the goon favorite 4K TV again? KS something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Less Fat Luke posted:

The best reasonable priced model was the KS8000 and great with ps4.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Less Fat Luke posted:

Samsung KS8000

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I really hope they rebalance dark arisen. It's basically impossible with a regular end game character after a few hours and the only way to get up to snuff is to grind NG+ which doesn't up the difficulty or Xp so it's just a complete slog.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

Morby posted:

Samsung KS8000

Thanks!

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

veni veni veni posted:

I really hope they rebalance dark arisen. It's basically impossible with a regular end game character after a few hours and the only way to get up to snuff is to grind NG+ which doesn't up the difficulty or Xp so it's just a complete slog.

Really, the only thing they need to do is rebalance the latter half of the extra dungeon. Some of the enemies there just take way too long to kill even after you have grinded for a bit. When I beat it, most of it was spent running away from enemies or just spamming those super powerful arrows to stunlock and kill the bosses.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

just buy a billion periapts from fournival. each one is a 20% boost to damage (there's one for physical and magical damage. there are also ones for defenses but who cares) and you can stack up to 4 of each type. this trivializes everything in dark arisen, up to and including death and the final boss

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Not a bad idea. I suppose you could always buy super high level pawns too.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Manatee Cannon posted:

just buy a billion periapts from fournival. each one is a 20% boost to damage (there's one for physical and magical damage. there are also ones for defenses but who cares) and you can stack up to 4 of each type. this trivializes everything in dark arisen, up to and including death and the final boss

That's what I did along with the explosive arrows and the threefold arrow ability. But I think his/her point was that your options either are to do that, or to just power level, but after power leveling for hours and still not doing much, I just said gently caress it and did the periapt trick.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

If Gary Gygax was still alive, Dragon's Dogma would have been his favorite video game, it is more D&D than any of the real D&D video games.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
What impressed me about DD the most was that a character's physical appearance actually impacted their abilities. Having a small scrawny character would make it impractical to wear heavy armor since you have a lower weight limit and a 7 foot slab of meat would be an impenetrable wall but would gas out really quickly by running around, but together would have combos where the Big guy could just pick up the little guy and toss them directly into a giant monsters face and start repeatedly stabbing them in the eye having used no stamina to climb up there.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Morby posted:

Samsung KS8000

I got this TV and wasn't really 'blown away' by the HDR like I was expecting to be.

But then I turned on my old Samsung plasma from 5 years ago I had before it and was like..."....Oh. lolz."

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

2016 LG OLEDs are amazing if you don't mind spending a bit more, they also have HDR game mode now so the display lag is pretty good too. Can often find good deals on them these days.

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.
Game fly has the following:
Dishonored 2 -20
Titanfall 2 - 20
Uncharted 4 - 20

Mirrors edge 2 - 8
No man's sky - 12

Any opinions if I just got one?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Titanfall or uncharted for sure. Uncharted if you want a more robust single player and titanfall for multi. But they are both tits single and multiplayer.

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.

veni veni veni posted:

Titanfall or uncharted for sure. Uncharted if you want a more robust single player and titanfall for multi. But they are both tits single and multiplayer.

I opted for Titanfall 2. Thanks for the opinions

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Ryoga posted:

What impressed me about DD the most was that a character's physical appearance actually impacted their abilities. Having a small scrawny character would make it impractical to wear heavy armor since you have a lower weight limit and a 7 foot slab of meat would be an impenetrable wall but would gas out really quickly by running around, but together would have combos where the Big guy could just pick up the little guy and toss them directly into a giant monsters face and start repeatedly stabbing them in the eye having used no stamina to climb up there.

I could and have bitched about a million things that drove me nuts about DD, but really there was some stuff like this that was so cool that I was still fascinated by it and played it for like 60 hours. The character customization was second to none. Pick all sorts of body types and have it effect gameplay, layering clothing under armor, great classes...Also the initial 10-15 hours have some of the best exploration and sense of dread and discovery. Not to mention the combat (even if it's pretty shallow) and giant rear end enemies.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Mirror's Edge: Catalyst for $8 makes me want to cry.

Insane deal.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

strategery posted:

Game fly has the following:
Dishonored 2 -20
Titanfall 2 - 20
Uncharted 4 - 20

Mirrors edge 2 - 8
No man's sky - 12

Any opinions if I just got one?

Dishonored 2 or Uncharted 4 definitely. Which one I guess depends on if you've played the previous games.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
The Gamefly Dishonored likely comes with the code for the previous game.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Those expired. I gave one out in the thread and it didn't work anymore.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I thought the weirdest/worst thing about Dragon's Dogma was that it didn't have any co op. Seemed like it would have been a good thing to have.

homeless snail posted:

If Gary Gygax was still alive, Dragon's Dogma would have been his favorite video game, it is more D&D than any of the real D&D video games.

Even the 2D capcom ones?

it's a real question. I haven't played them in so long they probably aren't nearly as good as I remember them being

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I think it was originally gonna have coop but it got dropped for w/e reason and that's why we have pawns instead

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

FishBulb posted:

Even the 2D capcom ones?

it's a real question. I haven't played them in so long they probably aren't nearly as good as I remember them being
I didn't mean that its better than those games, just that its extremely true to the spirit of Dungeons and Dragons. Its just a big oppressive world where travelling anywhere is an arduous journey (especially in the original release), mazelike and kinda pointless dungeons that feel like they're designed by your rear end in a top hat DM, beholders everywhere, and its rigorously systems based and encourages stupid D&D solutions to problems like "you're fighting a chimera what do you do??" "I light myself on fire and climb on its back" or "the winds are very strong here and its hard to stay on your feet" "I pick up a heavy rock"

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Manatee Cannon posted:

I think it was originally gonna have coop but it got dropped for w/e reason and that's why we have pawns instead

I've never heard of this, and pawns are both a massive feature for them to implement and also really integral to the game's lore (such as it is) so I'd doubt it, unless there was official word saying otherwise.

Guw
Jan 10, 2013

I'm really late to this but Rocket League ftmfw.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Thanks for reminding me I had a Gamefly coupon, I think I'll pick up Dishonored 2

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Im finally downloading Bloodborne. The sale and the remaining dollar i have in my account meant that $16 I was probably not gonna do too much better than that, and it came with the DLC. I just got really pissed off at the Ninja frog in Nioh so Im ready to go kill some fuckin' werewolves

acksplode
May 17, 2004

That is such an insanely correct move. Sony should do people a favor and require you to beat Bloodborne before you can unlock the ability to purchase Nioh on PSN

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

acksplode posted:

That is such an insanely correct move. Sony should do people a favor and require you to beat Bloodborne before you can unlock the ability to purchase Nioh on PSN

I got tired of Nioh at way of the demon and went back to try a new game of Bloodborne (a game I never finished and gave up on at Darkbeast Paarl). I'm just doling out new assholes for everything I come across and the only boss that took me more than one try so far is Rom because I'm a lazy idiot that decided to try and charge it down with monitoring the other spiders.

Something about a vaguely similar game system to a Soulsborne that moves at ten times the speed has turned me into a twitchy, dangerous man.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Bust Rodd posted:

Im finally downloading Bloodborne. The sale and the remaining dollar i have in my account meant that $16 I was probably not gonna do too much better than that, and it came with the DLC.

fuk u

also, welcome home

also, the sky and the cosmos are one

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
You're in the know, right?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

This thread is cursed!

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Away! Away!

This threads finished

Mystery Opponent
Sep 27, 2006

but u was a real nigga
i could sense it in u
I've had Bloodborne for a year now and for the life of me I just can't get any better at it. I always get owned by either gascoigne or the clerical beast. It's frustrating

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

try watching that epic name bro lets play, that helped me out a ton

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Pro owners hunt in packs, Arisen!

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Bloodborne is really fwiggen good

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
I still have my original copy of Dragon's Dogma.

Freeeeee

Yup. Not giving it up for the remaster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
I'd give up free for stable framerate.

There's so much I like about that game. But it made me feel like my PS3 was going to die any second.