Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Can someone explain the old joke about Sean Spicer and his anime waifu bodypillows?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Drone posted:

Can someone explain the old joke about Sean Spicer and his anime waifu bodypillows?

Dude likes anime, I think that's it.

Lightning Lord fucked around with this message at 09:42 on May 24, 2017

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

He's also a furry if his bunny suit is any indication.

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.

Drone posted:

Sounds like a meme to me. 4chan likes anime waifu pillows, and they tend to project all kinds of poo poo onto everyone, especially those unfavored by their current queen.

(Obviously I've never heard the joke, so I have no idea what you're talking about)

pkay
Jan 4, 2005
"You and your ilk just made me vote downticket R in the midterms."
- a black man (- a magachud)

RZApublican posted:

If I remember correctly this was the same speech that she tried to defend by arguing that what she said contained very common ideas and sentiments and thus wasn't something that could be defined as plagiarism. To use an example of what she meant she then proceeded to cite Twilight Sparkle.

So why are they still holding congressional hearings on the Russian interference. The republicans are straight up being fuckboys and no one can talk about the good poo poo anyway. I am legitimately at the point where I can't tell if they believe what they are saying or not. I use to think, surely they see some troubling poo poo. But after watching Gowdy, I legitimately think he/they really believe their own bullshit. I remember pre-election when the government was claiming that Russia were behind dnc hacks and election interference. The conspiracy tards/RWM were claiming SHOW US EVIDENCE!! Even post election with the Vault 7 drop, they were claiming "THE CIA CAN MAKE IT LOOK LIKE RUSSIA, WHEN IT IS REALLY THEM" Now it is commonly accepted that, yes, they did interfere. Now they are demanding evidence for collusion. They must know that even if they had evidence, it is likely classified and can not be publicly divulged. So what is their next step if Meuller does conclude that yes Trump did collude and yes he was obstructing justice? Do they make their last stand on the "It didn't affect the outcome because Hillary was a terrible candidate" hill? Do they go full fledged anger or do they quickly move into the bargaining stage?

pkay
Jan 4, 2005

moostaffa posted:

Sounds like a meme to me. 4chan likes anime waifu pillows, and they tend to project all kinds of poo poo onto everyone, especially those unfavored by their current queen.

(Obviously I've never heard the joke, so I have no idea what you're talking about)

He's an anime nerd and likely a 4chan denizen.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 59 minutes!

pkay posted:

So what is their next step if Meuller does conclude that yes Trump did collude and yes he was obstructing justice?

*checks facebook*

Looks like they say that Russia had nothing to do with it, Seth Rich leaked every email, the DC Police and the FBI and the CIA murdered him to cover it up and fabricated all the evidence of Russian hackers and it's all a Deep State plot to impeach Trump before he can stop the UN from carrying out Agenda 21 ie White Genocide.

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 09:46 on May 24, 2017

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
so the trump women didn't cover their hair for the king of saudi arabia but they did for the pope

or is melania just projecting real hard here by preemptively sporting her mourning wear

https://twitter.com/Louiseontwitr/status/867287155202281473

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.

boner confessor posted:

so the trump women didn't cover their hair for the king of saudi arabia but they did for the pope

or is melania just projecting real hard here by preemptively sporting her mourning wear

"Hide me. Get me out of here!"

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
drat, someone in the tweet thread beat me to the punch. Trump's all excited and both Melania and Francis are like 'I wish this guy were loving dead.'

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/JuddLegum/status/867114021270552577
https://twitter.com/yashar/status/867297607978188800
https://twitter.com/yashar/status/867300635800162304
https://twitter.com/VABVOX/status/867290531407245312

And just for an early morning chuckle: https://twitter.com/yashar/status/867189276039159808

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 10:01 on May 24, 2017

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/867038198219800576

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
White House Pool Report - Vatican
"POTUS told The Pope it's "a very great honor."
The Pope did not say anything. He did not smile. He looked at pool several times. We were quickly ushered out at 8:33a.m.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

boner confessor posted:

For comparison...
https://twitter.com/yashar/status/867273324438663168

pkay
Jan 4, 2005

That is a nice way of saying what the IC said pre-election. Trump is a "useful idiot".

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

The pope is not pleased.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Seriously, why are the Trumps dressed like they're going to a funeral when meeting the pope? Is it because of the Manchester attack? If so, that is really weird.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Mustached Demon posted:

The pope is not pleased.

They take meat seriously in South America. Well done steaks with ketchup might just be a mortal sin down there.

My guess is that the Trump people tried to engineer too much pandering press bullshit in Il Papa's house, and that did not go over well.

VoltairePunk
Dec 26, 2012

I have become Umlaut, destroyer of words

boner confessor posted:

I believe that Ivanka and Melania are dressed and are looking that way as a gesture for the Manchester bombings. As much as I don't like all of that imitation of an autocratic family, that is a kind gesture. Looks weird when Trump is the only one grinning. As if:

"
- Hey pappy, how's life?
- Ah my son, not that great. Great terror is upon us.
- Yeah, don't worry about that pappy. We'll bomb the poo poo out of both Korea and Iran. No individuals - no problems - no bombings. 'MURICAH!!! OOOOH OOOH OOOH OOOH!
- You don't under...
- Yeah yeah yeah, I understand everything perfectly. My vice pres buddy, I call him Lucifer as he comes from "down south", yuck yuck yuck, made it clear that all is gonna be fine
- Oh...
"

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

boner confessor posted:

That is the face of a 12 year old who just SBDed and thinks he got away with it.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Karmalis posted:

"
- Hey pappy, how's life?
- Ah my son, not that great. Great terror is upon us.
- Yeah, don't worry about that pappy. We'll bomb the poo poo out of both Korea and Iran. No individuals - no problems - no bombings. 'MURICAH!!! OOOOH OOOH OOOH OOOH!
- You don't under...
- Yeah yeah yeah, I understand everything perfectly. My vice pres buddy, I call him Lucifer as he comes from "down south", yuck yuck yuck, made it clear that all is gonna be fine
- Oh...
"

I really wish people would stop doing this

VoltairePunk
Dec 26, 2012

Boon posted:

I really wish people would stop doing this

Please elaborate and I might stop then.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Never forget that the Vatican has one of the best human intelligence services in the world that operates with official cover. My guess is Il Papa knows almost everything about Trump.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Karmalis posted:

Others, and you, have done these really weird, painfully unfunny, scripts that are way longer than they should be.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Karmalis posted:

You're not funny

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Inferior Third Season posted:

Seriously, why are the Trumps dressed like they're going to a funeral when meeting the pope? Is it because of the Manchester attack? If so, that is really weird.

No. They think it's somehow respectful even though that custom has been done away with for a long time. Do you think Pope Francis, the most humble pontiff imaginable, cares if they dress as though their whole family just died in a big Sept-destroying wildfire explosion in King's Landing?

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Never forget that the Vatican has one of the best human intelligence services in the world that operates with official cover. My guess is Il Papa knows almost everything about Trump.

I would legitimately pay good money for an action film series with the premise of "James Bond, but he's a member of the Swiss Guard"

Edit: or "James Bond, but he's also a bishop of some little country burg"

VoltairePunk
Dec 26, 2012

Boon posted:

Others, and you, have done these really weird, painfully unfunny, scripts that are way longer than they should be.

Good and fair point. However that is how things look to a foreign bystander with lesser knowledge and of slightly different political culture understanding and who's life kind of depends on how everything is going to turn (because of cultural, political and economic influence). It was meant to be "over the top" and "idiotic" as it's how I see things. I wanted to trigger more sadness than comedy for the exact same reasons.

VoltairePunk
Dec 26, 2012

Vegetable posted:

You're not funny

Can't argue with that one.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Karmalis posted:

Good and fair point. However that is how things look to a foreign bystander with lesser knowledge and of slightly different political culture understanding and who's life kind of depends on how everything is going to turn (because of cultural, political and economic influence). It was meant to be "over the top" and "idiotic" as it's how I see things. I wanted to trigger more sadness than comedy for the exact same reasons.

Yeah, Im probably guilty of it at least once. The takeaway though is that its not necessary

Bhaal
Jul 13, 2001
I ain't going down alone
Dr. Infant, MD
In those photos the pope has the same demeanor dogs get when they instinctively know a human near them is abusive and evil.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 59 minutes!

Karmalis posted:

that is how things look to a foreign bystander with lesser knowledge

Ah that explains why you think Mike Pence's home state is "down south", I was briefly confused by that

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Re: all black dresses

To be completely fair this is what Wikipedia says (and is linked in the tweet if you bothered clicking it):

quote:

Private audiences, however, were a much more formal affair. Ladies were to wear a long (well below the knees), black dress, with a matching hat or other head covering and veil.

In the 1990s, a Roman Catholic priest in Ireland provoked a controversy by claiming that then-President of Ireland, Mary Robinson, had breached protocol by wearing jewellery and by not wearing black nor a mantilla for an audience with Pope John Paul II.

Though it also says at the start that this dress code was no longer required.

They were probably just trying to be traditional and/or respectful meeting the Vicar of Christ. Realistically they probably had a team of staffers running through possible scenarios of how much outrage they would get if they wore the formal dress vs if they did not.

What I'm actually trying to say is that this discussion is stupid and anyone that thinks the color of the dress or the head covering means anything deeper or sinister is stupid.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

This really is one of those threads where the contents is largely irrelevant, but one needs to keep it bookmarked and "go to next page" on it now and then, as the number of unread counter is a great indicator on whether anything interesting is happening or not. Not even the trolls can really cause fluctuations large enough that one can't tell whether something big as gone down in the last 8 hours.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

It still stands that they chose to show this respect at the Vatican but not Saudi Arabia

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos

"So I hear you won bigly in your electoral college. Guess what, so did I. Massive win. Yuuge win. Here, have a framed copy of the map. And that Jesus guy, wonderful guy, best guy ever, know him well. Totally unfair what they did to him, almost as persecuted as me. That Judas Iscariot guy? Terrible guy, total loser. I have one too, his name's Comey."

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Bhaal posted:

In those photos the pope has the same demeanor dogs get when they instinctively know a human near them is abusive and evil.

Trump's never had a dog in his life. I think they likely couldn't find a dog that would tolerate him. Like, one of those pitbulls that survived Michael Vick would even go 'nuh-uh, last guy tried to drown me and starved me and beat me and poo poo but THIS GUY IS hosed UP'

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Soylent Yellow posted:

"So I hear you won bigly in your electoral college. Guess what, so did I. Massive win. Yuuge win. Here, have a framed copy of the map. And that Jesus guy, wonderful guy, best guy ever, know him well. Totally unfair what they did to him, almost as persecuted as me. That Judas Iscariot guy? Terrible guy, total loser. I have one too, his name's Comey."

"Oh that's nice. I actually won the popular vote." - The Pope.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Mustached Demon posted:

"Oh that's nice. I actually won the popular vote." - The Pope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

VitalSigns posted:

Ah that explains why you think Mike Pence's home state is "down south", I was briefly confused by that

Indiana, the South of the North.

• Locked thread