Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

I'm imagining him walking around his entire life in this pose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

chutche2 posted:

I'm imagining him walking around his entire life in this pose.

That's all the same guy in every picture

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

S.J. posted:

Like I said before, that isn't true anymore.

Except that now you can print the cards yourself. All models released since they stopped including cards are already in the card database for printing, and they intend to have all cards there soon.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Khisanth Magus posted:

Except that now you can print the cards yourself. All models released since they stopped including cards are already in the card database for printing, and they intend to have all cards there soon.

That's what I'm saying, it's all free.

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man

Khisanth Magus posted:

Huh, I wasn't aware of this at all. My most recent PP card memory was a buddy who gave me a pair of pistol wraiths for my birthday and they had been repacked to contain both mk2 and mk3 cards. I was a bit surprised.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

S.J. posted:

Oh, I thought you were saying you had to pay for them separately, either through war room or ordering them direct. My bad.

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

"Muerte, buen compinche. Muerte."
Starting to go through my 40k stuff to see what I actually have. I've gotten through counting and sorting my Boyz that are armed with Choppas and Sluggas. I got 132 of em, with 57 painted up to an ok standard, which is a lot less than I thought. Haven't gone through my pile of crap to see if I have unassembled ones, but I know I have a bunch of unbuilt Fantasy Orks and a bunch of Sluggas I can use to convert them to 40k.

ElBrak fucked around with this message at 17:24 on May 24, 2017

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

BULBASAUR posted:

How many of you played unbound? That should answer how many of you will play 'power system' games or whatever

When my buddies and I play apocalypse level games, all notions of points go out the window and the game turns basically into a "run what you brung" bloodbath. There are notional attempts at balance in terms of ensuring D weapons are more or less evenly distributed, but between the half dozen of us that regularly play there are enough superheavies and titans to basically turn the games into a Dan Abnett style engine war.

It is also worth noting that large amounts of beer are consumed during these games and there have been discussions about carelessly placed empties becoming terrain features.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug
I'm curious as to what the fluff for the Captains and Lts will be. The Lts have white helmets for 'veteran' status. I wonder if fluff-wise if they're normal Marines in fancy new armor or how they're explaining these new clone babies as being able to take command roles.

I'm also wondering if they're just gonna advance the timeline, moving forward 200 years wouldn't alter status quo too much given the stagnant setting but it would make things like primaris veterans make sense.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
Well they finally responded, kinda...

Miles O'Brian
May 22, 2006

All we have to lose is our chains
Its actually kind of a good idea to roll armies together in certain books the more I think about it. When I was younger I would often go from one nemesis to another because you read a lot about them in your current army's fluff and it gets you interested. If they have lore sections and cool pictures in your book then I can see people drifting across and buying models for another faction pretty easily.

One thing I'm worried about is that the Index books will just be rules compilations and the background and imagery will all be cut to make space. I'm not as interested in paying money for that, codices were always great to flick through when bored. Although admittedly not as much in recent years.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

bonds0097 posted:

I'm also wondering if they're just gonna advance the timeline, moving forward 200 years wouldn't alter status quo too much given the stagnant setting but it would make things like primaris veterans make sense.
I hope so too; the timeline in recent codexes has been getting fairly silly. All new events are crammed into 999.M40, and if things progress any further it's going to start looking like a manic episode of 24 with everything occurring on the very last day of the year.

Miles O'Brian posted:

One thing I'm worried about is that the Index books will just be rules compilations and the background and imagery will all be cut to make space. I'm not as interested in paying money for that, codices were always great to flick through when bored. Although admittedly not as much in recent years.
Indexes are specifically intended to be rules compilations - everything has changed so fundamentally that the old codex rules no longer work. There will be new codexes in future with all the usual combination of fluff & rules, but for now these index books were needed to make everything playable from day 1.

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

Yeah these indexes appear to be a better version of the old 3rd edition rulebook, which had basic rules for all the available armies in the back since the rules changed massively from 2nd edition.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

xtothez posted:

Well they finally responded, kinda...

I do like how they said they really don't know instead of, "stay tuned and we will tell ya!"

Miles O'Brian
May 22, 2006

All we have to lose is our chains
So the Indexes are Ravening Hordes for 40k, got it

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

Miles O'Brian posted:

So the Indexes are Ravening Hordes for 40k, got it

Which isn't a bad thing. The intent is to have something available on day 1 for everyone. The rules in them might also be free online as PDFs like they are for Age of Sigmar.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
All this and still no new aspect warriors.

Not picking up a paintbrush nor dice until aspect warriors are released. For gently caress's sake GW, give me some sweet Phoenix Lords at the very least.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe
sorry all aspect warriors died but you can buy more aeldari wraithboners instead if you want to field your favorite models in their afterlife

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
The new Rumour Engine is erm... interesting.

That's a tire isn't it. A big, spiky Orky tire.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
There was a Hastings rumour a few months ago about new Ork buggies coming out this year as part of an Armageddon-themed release, along with an new Yarrick and Ghazghkull.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
No fooling I'd be into new ork vehicles just for Gorkamorka.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Soulfucker posted:

sorry all aspect warriors died but you can buy more aeldari wraithboners instead if you want to field your favorite models in their afterlife

Don't gently caress with me... I've been playing with my favorite aspects since the mid-90's and if Reapers, Scorpions, & Banshees aren't fun again I'm moving to Britain as a Manchurian candidate to eventually rise to power and crush GW.

E: Also, shining spears have always been fun but I want some cool models goddamnit.

Boon fucked around with this message at 12:58 on May 24, 2017

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

xtothez posted:

There was a Hastings rumour a few months ago about new Ork buggies coming out this year as part of an Armageddon-themed release, along with an new Yarrick and Ghazghkull.

Please let this rumour be real! New buggy kit would be good (though given Mek guns will be massively overpriced and only contain the new options).

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug
I really want to do an aspect heavy Biel tan army but yeah, need some new models. Some of the sculpts have not aged well. Eldar in particular have changed a lot in aesthetic over the years.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

S.J. posted:

And also dying. Ever since MK3, the community has been shriveling up and losing all but the most hardcore tournament players.

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat
What happened with WM:H? It's like it was everywhere then nowhere.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Mk3 happened before it was done cooking.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Yeah but what specifically changed?

Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

I'm seeing this from an AoS perspective.

white primer uber alles

Well that's just a really dumb move

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
A scathing critique.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Pawl posted:

Well that's just a really dumb move

That's the way AoS does it too. It is dumb, but they have to make you buy books somehow.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

berzerkmonkey posted:

That's the way AoS does it too. It is dumb, but they have to make you buy books somehow.

That's completely wrong unless they changed it in the past few days. Every unit on the AoS store has a PDF of their rules. Huge bummer 40k won't do the same.

Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

I'm seeing this from an AoS perspective.

white primer uber alles

berzerkmonkey posted:

Every AOS unit has free rules on the website, even the sky dwarves they released a few weeks ago

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Pendent posted:

That's completely wrong unless they changed it in the past few days. Every unit on the AoS store has a PDF of their rules. Huge bummer 40k won't do the same.

No - you're right. I was thinking of the original WFB conversion list downloads. Yeah, not having the rules online for 40K units is kind of stupid and sucks. I think they're specifically targeting the recast market with that decision (not that the rules won't be online immediately anyway...)

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
that's... dumb enough I'm hoping there's a clarification but I know there won't be :smith:

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
BoLS is quoting these as the US prices:

quote:

Warhammer 40,000 Dark Imperium Starter Set: $160
53 minis
Hardcover rulebook
Primaris & Death Guard books (24pp apiece)
Core Rules Reference (8pp)
Dice
Ruler
Primaris Marines Decals

Warhammer 40,000 8th Edition Ruebook $60

Tactical Objective Cards $12.50
Sector Imperialis Objectives $35
Command Dice $20
Wound Trackers $12.50
Combat Gauge $10
Kind of disappointed about the HC rulebook - I prefer softcover, myself, and was hoping that they were moving away from the more expensive format of HC.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
My local manager just posted that Core Rules will be free, unit rules will not be. That was followed up with while not being able to comment on the price, it's so low that printing out PDF copies of the index books would be silly.

I seem to remember them saying that unit rules would be free via data slates like in AoS. Am I making that up, or was that something they had said at some point?

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Man these guys just do not understand the concept of loss leaders, huh

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
Some people are posting rules tidbits elsewhere.

- you can fire assault weapons after making an advance move.
- rapid fire weapons no longer stop you from charging
- plasma guns (or at least the primaris marine version) has an overcharge ability but the version of gets hot just straight up kills the model firing.

Fluffwise apparently Flesh Tearers went all in on primaris-ing the chapter because what can go wrong with super vampire berzerkers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Ignite Memories posted:

Man these guys just do not understand the concept of loss leaders, huh

Why would they? You do a loss leader to attract new customers. People already pay the premium for a GW game, so what is the point?

• Locked thread