Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iospace
Jan 19, 2038

WindyMan posted:

I'm neutral on Pence going to the 500 despite him being one of the most horrible human beings on the planet. Years from now, we can say that the sitting Vice President attended the Indy 500, which is a big deal.

If IMS gives Pence the microphone to do anything of significance, then crowd will invoke their first amendment right appropriately. (Can you imagine him giving the command to start engines?) Best case scenario, he waves from the booth and is a non-factor. Apocalypse scenario, ABC interviews him in the booth.

He'll be interviewed.

I don't see how that doesn't happen :barf:

If he has to open his mouth, I hope to the gods he keeps his mouth shut about politics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

I didn't know you could make the ABC booth worse but huh I guess so.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Maybe Pence will surprise us with his in depth knowledge of Indycars. Hey he can't possibly make the ABC booth worse than it already is.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

gret posted:

Hey he can't possibly make the ABC booth worse than it already is.

Don't jinx it.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

kidcoelacanth posted:

no actually he's a fuckshit and should be booed out of the facilities

I will do my best. I am bisexual and can't stand that fucker.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Fauxhawk Express posted:

I will do my best. I am bisexual and can't stand that fucker.

godspeed

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

WindyMan posted:

I'm neutral on Pence going to the 500 despite him being one of the most horrible human beings on the planet. Years from now, we can say that the sitting Vice President attended the Indy 500, which is a big deal.

If IMS gives Pence the microphone to do anything of significance, then crowd will invoke their first amendment right appropriately. (Can you imagine him giving the command to start engines?) Best case scenario, he waves from the booth and is a non-factor. Apocalypse scenario, ABC interviews him in the booth.

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/what-id-do-differently-dan-quayle-feature

http://articles.latimes.com/1990-04-17/sports/sp-1497_1_vice-president-dan-quayle

Dan Quayle used to go all the time. I think ABC popped in and would do quick interviews with him.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

I want Helio to win the 500 and give Pence a gigantic signed photo of himself in the ESPN body issue in victory lane.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Counterpoint: Heilo is human garbage and should never win the 500 again.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

https://twitter.com/ConorDaly22/status/867223514968928258

https://twitter.com/ConorDaly22/status/867224082160418816

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

my bets are a team of tk, hinch and newgarden being the culprits

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

guaranteed hinch

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind
Let us remind ourselves of who else is with Daly on the media tour.

iospace posted:

Alonso, Rossi, and Daly head up to NYC for a media appearance to promote the 500.

But here's the real question: gently caress, Marry, Kill

Alonso is in on it. Has to be.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Ahahaha that's fantastic

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

kidcoelacanth posted:

guaranteed hinch

Hinch is one of the few drivers who stayed in Indy yesterday, I think.

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Wherever you go, whatever you do, I will be right here waiting for you...

Yams Fan

financially racist posted:

my bets are a team of tk, hinch and newgarden being the culprits

I'm sure Rossi was the main culprit, probably was just happy that Daly wasn't crashing at his house for once. I love how Daly can't afford his own place so he just crashes at other driver's homes. Last year he was staying with Hinch, now it's Rossi.

Theris
Oct 9, 2007

Rossi was with him all day. It had to be someone that didn't go on a media day trip. Hinch

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

FuzzySkinner posted:

It's my day off.

I despise the man's politics, but I could give a rat's rear end. He's also VP and my IndyCar fan side think it's cool we have a sitting vice president attending the race.

I'm a sanders-brand lefty. But I'm taking the day off from it.

I've seen your posts in CSPAM. You can't fool me, fucker. gently caress you and gently caress Mike Pence.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Genocide Tendency posted:

Counterpoint: Heilo is human garbage and should never win the 500 again.

why is he human garbage (serious question)

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

National Weather Service forecast for Sunday posted:

A 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 76.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Still far enough out to be very difficult to predict. As long as it isn't literally raining all day, once they take the green it's safe to say we'll have an official race.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

iospace posted:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

The weather app I use (Dark Sky) shows an 80% chance of rain, but has the rain ending at 10am.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Basticle posted:

why is he human garbage (serious question)

He threw family under the bus to get out of going to prison for tax evasion. He and some sponsors forced Penske to sign him so quickly after Greg Moore's death that they literally crossed out Moore's name and wrote his as noted update.

That and I just don't like him.

The real tragedy of Dario's Houston wreck is that he isn't able to ensure Helio can't be the next 4 time 500 winner.

Edit:

wicka posted:

The weather app I use (Dark Sky) shows an 80% chance of rain, but has the rain ending at 10am.

Dark Sky is probably the only non radar specific for pay weather app out there worth what they charge.

Also. Don't get caught up in weather forecasts until Friday. And then don't really focus on timing until Saturday. Too much can change. You could see a 3-4 hour timing shift in a 36 hour period which makes a big difference.

Genocide Tendency fucked around with this message at 16:18 on May 24, 2017

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I like Helio mostly because I really strongly dislike Paul Tracy.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Paul Tracy seems pretty bad from what I've seen. Like Lance Stroll with speed.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

wicka posted:

I like Helio mostly because I really strongly dislike Paul Tracy.

Why not hate both?

Best moment of Tracy's career was when his engineer called him a "loving idiot" or something to the effect over the radio.

Edit:

Norns posted:

Tracy was a rolling hazard similar to Sage Karam and a gigantic prick. If you follow NASCAR imagine John Wes Townly with Kyle Busch's personality.

Genocide Tendency fucked around with this message at 16:25 on May 24, 2017

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Norns posted:

Someone posted a video compilation of the Tracy vs Bourdais "rivalry" and there was some seriously sub-Stroll poo poo in there. Truly amateur hour driving.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I would like to point out that Paul Tracy lost in a battle of wits to Arnd Meier (who was driving the worst car in the field). Also he ran into the back of his teammate at Houston '98 and then shoved the man who was paying his salary.

Human Grand Prix fucked around with this message at 16:30 on May 24, 2017

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUZCouSpU2g

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

wicka posted:

Someone posted a video compilation of the Tracy vs Bourdais "rivalry" and there was some seriously sub-Stroll poo poo in there. Truly amateur hour driving.

He was fast but a poor driver under pressure. People rag on Maldonado and Takuma Sato but neither has anything on CART-era Paul Tracy.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Hell I like Sato

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Takuma Sato is my favourite driver.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Genocide Tendency posted:

Tracy was a rolling hazard similar to Sage Karam and a gigantic prick. If you follow NASCAR imagine John Wes Townly with Kyle Busch's personality.

It's kinda baffling he kept getting top rides. Although he drove well between '99-'01.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Human Grand Prix posted:

It's kinda baffling he kept getting top rides. Although he drove well between '99-'01.

When he could keep his head out of his rear end, he won races. 31 all told, 9th all time tied with Dario, and more than Mears, Helio, Rahal, Emmo, TK, Sullivan, etc

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Road course car gonna be shown today, teaser looks good

https://twitter.com/IndyCar/status/867387210571579392

tupacalypse
Jan 1, 2013

by Pragmatica
If you want a good laugh, check out Tracy's instagram.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Tracy had some really loving primo equipment and when he wasnt a goddamn idiot he could really drive but the longer the drove the dumber he got.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

tupacalypse posted:

If you want a good laugh, check out Tracy's instagram.

tl;dr, duck lips and ugly bikes

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I keep forgetting that PT moved here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

PT is good in the booth tho

• Locked thread