Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Only good cops a dead cop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

Bardeh posted:

It's just that this one happened a year ago, and is now only suddenly being screamed about at the exact same time that Trump is getting slammed every single day by the media.

you're right about that, but then again should the reporting of anything that draws attention away from Trump wait until the media isn't fixated on Trump, which is until the end of his presidency?

quote:

The 'evidence' is made up of extremely tenuous circumstantial links and

the evidence for russian activities and intentions in the presidential elections is made up of (tenuous) circumstantial links (at least according to the director of national intelligence report https://www.dni.gov/files/documents/ICA_2017_01.pdf), yet it is being reported as the absolute truth

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
The Seth Rich conspiracy began right after his murder, it's nothing new

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
The fact that this guy gets murdered around this time and nothing was stolen in this supposed "robbery" is fishy as fuuuuck

turnip kid
May 24, 2010

Gammatron 64 posted:

The fact that this guy gets murdered around this time and nothing was stolen in this supposed "robbery" is fishy as fuuuuck

Seems pretty crazy these sinister evil geniuses are too dumb to pick up his wallet, giving The Donald all the evidence they need to BUST THIS CASE WIDE OPEN.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Gammatron 64 posted:

Robber was a rookie who didn't intend to shoot, someone made a stupid move, cold feet and a dead body.
It's either that or some grand conspiracy of which there are quite a lot of in America I've come to notice.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
Seems crazy that this specific kid would be the target of random untraceable violence.

Seems equally crazy that this was a botched robbery with twO shots in the back and nothing stolen.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Avirosb posted:

Robber was a rookie

Funny since the whole robbery theory comes from a string of them

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

There can be only one!

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
The thing about a conspiracy theory is that it suppresses any evidence that runs counter to the narrative. Resources that should go into the investigation are diverted to addressing it. It also stifles investigation into alternative events. Maybe someone who got mugged while doing something shady on the same night doesn't come forward because they think they're the only victim, even though the murder happens 30 minutes later half a mile away. Maybe someone who had their house broken into down the block that night but nothing was taken doesn't report it because why bother?

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Toadvine posted:

Seems crazy that this specific kid would be the target of random untraceable violence.

Seems equally crazy that this was a botched robbery with twO shots in the back and nothing stolen.

That's America for you.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
I think Seth Rich was murdered.

1) He was taken to the hospital conscious but they normally don't take people to the hospital unless they're not well and, when there, the doctors found 2 bullets in his back. I work in a medical office and usually when someone has bullets in them, it means they've been shot and they usually need emergency medical services. Could this have been why he was taken to the hospital?

2) Seth Rich's parents are saying their son is dead, and unless it was an accident or a medical condition like a heart attack, young men are pretty unlikely to have an untimely death. If he was murdered, it would explain why his parents are upset that he is dead.

3) Someone who claims to work with Seth Rich said he hasn't show up to work since July and hadn't called in sick or given his 2 weeks notice. If he was sick he would be able to call in, and even if he didn't, he would be able to come back to work when he got better. However, if he was murdered, he would not be able to call in sick or come back to work.

4) There were 134 homicides recorded in Washington DC in 2016. "Homicide" means "murder," meaning someone was murdered every 3 days, and one of the people in DC that year was Seth Rich.

It's very fishy to me

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

You seem intelligent so I'll ask you. Which person do you think did $eth R!<h in?

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

i like that posted:

You seem intelligent so I'll ask you. Which person do you think did $eth R!<h in?

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Anyone in D/C? Time for a citizen's arrest.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

So PSX-era video game characters did it

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Podesta wears glasses that is a different man

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
Look, if Seth Rich leaked to Wikileaks, he'd be a huge liability to the Russia narrative. He could have a change of heart and say gently caress it, I did it. Russia didn't do it.

That would ruin everything

Seems like a big loose end

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Look, if Seth Rich leaked to Wikileaks, he'd be a huge liability to the Russia narrative. He could have a change of heart and say gently caress it, I did it. Russia didn't do it.

That would ruin everything

Seems like a big loose end

Good thing he didn't say poo poo when he was found conscious at the scene

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Seth Rich was murdered by time travelers five months before the election to protect a false Hillary-backed narrative that didn't exist until after the election.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
i'm not saying seth rich was definitely a political assassination. how would i know?

but what exactly do you guys think an assassination looks like?

there's enough circumstantial evidence to make the situation seem rather suspicious

instead people are literally making the argument "well the police said…" as through they've ever been a completely reliable source

i don't know what happened, but it doesn't take too much of a leap of faith to put the pieces together and come out with "assassination"

in fact, i find that an easier logical step than all this russia bullshit

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

RaySmuckles posted:

instead people are literally making the argument "well the police said…" as through they've ever been a completely reliable source

Police haven't said anything

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Police haven't said anything

they said it was a botched robbery.

the kind where you don't steal things.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

RaySmuckles posted:

they said it was a botched robbery.

the kind where you don't steal things.

No they didn't. They said, "It could have been a robbery"

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

i like that posted:

You seem intelligent

Wait, this isn't the lol thread.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Toadvine posted:

You can tell who the white bread suburbanites who lock their car doors when driving through certain neighborhoods are because they keep saying retarded poo poo like this.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Knight posted:

1) He was taken to the hospital conscious but they normally don't take people to the hospital unless they're not well and, when there, the doctors found 2 bullets in his back. I work in a medical office and usually when someone has bullets in them, it means they've been shot and they usually need emergency medical services. Could this have been why he was taken to the hospital?

2) Seth Rich's parents are saying their son is dead, and unless it was an accident or a medical condition like a heart attack, young men are pretty unlikely to have an untimely death. If he was murdered, it would explain why his parents are upset that he is dead.

3) Someone who claims to work with Seth Rich said he hasn't show up to work since July and hadn't called in sick or given his 2 weeks notice. If he was sick he would be able to call in, and even if he didn't, he would be able to come back to work when he got better. However, if he was murdered, he would not be able to call in sick or come back to work.

4) There were 134 homicides recorded in Washington DC in 2016. "Homicide" means "murder," meaning someone was murdered every 3 days, and one of the people in DC that year was Seth Rich.

It's very fishy to me

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Knight posted:

It's very fishy to me

Haha where did you get this informant about murder??? 4chan???

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
Is Seth Rich the type of man to try to fight a gun wielding robber instead of handing over his wallet, this is a question his friends and family could answer

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Is Seth Rich the type of man to try to fight a gun wielding robber instead of handing over his wallet, this is a question his friends and family could answer

Look at this man. This is a man who would go America all over your rear end

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Blue Train posted:

Look at this man. This is a man who would go America all over your rear end

Really need to see whats under that coozie

This could be the clue to crack it all

If it's like a Sam Adams or something...

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Really need to see whats under that coozie

This could be the clue to crack it all

If it's like a Sam Adams or something...

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
If he was drinking a Budweiser he definitely threw hands

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
It's most likely a Baltika

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

RaySmuckles posted:

i'm not saying seth rich was definitely a political assassination. how would i know?

but what exactly do you guys think an assassination looks like?

there's enough circumstantial evidence to make the situation seem rather suspicious

i don't know what happened, but it doesn't take too much of a leap of faith to put the pieces together and come out with "assassination"

in fact, i find that an easier logical step than all this russia bullshit

Sometimes you get lucky and the gun jams when they try to shoot you in the face.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...oot-him-in-head

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Knight posted:

It's very fishy to me

Hmm you might be onto something big here :redflag:

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Flesh Forge posted:

Hmm you might be onto something big here :redflag:

the pieces are alll falling into place

Shadowgate
May 6, 2007

Soiled Meat
something awful is sending its best and brightest to solve this doozy

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

Shadowgate posted:

something awful is sending its best and brightest to solve this doozy

never underestimate the power of autism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Who What Now posted:

You can tell who the white bread suburbanites who lock their car doors when driving through certain neighborhoods are because they keep saying retarded poo poo like this.

Unlike you, Chief Speaks-to-black-people, who knows why shooting honkeys in the back and then not robbing them is what real gangstas do all the time

• Locked thread