Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
theres no point in owning a pc for gameing anymore just buy a ps4 duhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Adiabatic posted:

Well one of mine does. The other one is locked the gently caress down though.

This is one of the few advantages of being the computer janitor. Even then, sometimes Security can wield a big enough stick to keep us out.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

fridge corn posted:

theres no point in owning a pc for gameing anymore just buy a ps4 duhh

I know that you're being sarcastic, but that's exactly why I got an Xbox 360 years ago. I got tired of trying to keep up with PC hardware, and all the drivers, etc., not to mention trying to afford it. I now have an Xbox One, but there are a few games on the PC worth playing, and the higher resolutions available are tempting.
For instance, I'd like to play Player Unknowns Battlegrounds.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Adiabatic posted:

I play skyrim on my work laptop
New work laptop arrives Friday right before the long weekend. First thing installed will be Steam. I use my work laptop for 90% of my gaming, the sim rig gets used for simulator and that's about it. Should really move things around so I can use a mouse/keyboard on it more comfortably.

mariooncrack posted:

The humble store is having a sale right.
Woo adding more game to the backlog :argh:

spog posted:

Anyone who has a kid aged 1-7 might as well empty a dumpster inside the car and beat on the outside with a monkey wrench when they pick up the car from the dealer.
No matter how much of a car lover you are; a young mommies's car looks like it's been stolen and recovered from hobos.
Fiance and I were talking about this the other day, when we decide to have kids we're picking up a cheap disposable minivan. Might even pick it up earlier because we realized fitting three dogs (40, 80 and ~110lb) in either of our vehicles is going to be difficult.

Almost over this drat cold that I picked up on vacation two weeks ago. Down about 10lb and have no energy. Been force feeding myself and doing half days at work this week, slowly getting back to normal. Pisses me off because I brought the race car home on the 15th and haven't had the energy to do much other than look at it.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Darchangel posted:

I know that you're being sarcastic, but that's exactly why I got an Xbox 360 years ago. I got tired of trying to keep up with PC hardware, and all the drivers, etc., not to mention trying to afford it. I now have an Xbox One, but there are a few games on the PC worth playing, and the higher resolutions available are tempting.
For instance, I'd like to play Player Unknowns Battlegrounds.

I wasnt being sarcastic at all my friend

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Back in the glory days of PC gaming it was the best, these days consoles easily keep up and the only reason to run a hideously overpriced PC gaming rig is to game at 4k on a monitor (which in itself is lol).

I sit my rear end down on a big comfy bean bag in front of a huge TV with a 5.1 setup from the gods, throw a game in and enjoy. These days I don't even have to wait to update games because I have the console do all that poo poo overnight. Consoles own these days as long as it's not a garbage-rear end xbone with it's messy as gently caress ADHD user interface.

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 16:05 on May 24, 2017

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!
Anyone have a spare carfax they could run on a car I'm going to look at today? I can send you some paypal if you bought them in a package. I don't have PM's here so email me at willdocoffee at gmail please and thank you!

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

I got a 980GTX almost 2 years ago now, and recently upgrade the monitor to an ultrawide 3440x1440 and it runs games like the Division at perfectly acceptable framerates even when all sorts of poo poo is going on with the settings pretty much maxed out.

I don't really game all that much these days, so I don't see replacing it for a long time.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

willroc7 posted:

Anyone have a spare carfax they could run on a car I'm going to look at today? I can send you some paypal if you bought them in a package. I don't have PM's here so email me at willdocoffee at gmail please and thank you!

Rule 8 homie

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Back in the glory days of PC gaming it was the best, these days consoles easily keep up and the only reason to run a hideously overpriced PC gaming rig is to game at 4k on a monitor (which in itself is lol).

I sit my rear end down on a big comfy bean bag in front of a huge TV with a 5.1 setup from the gods, throw a game in and enjoy. These days I don't even have to wait to update games because I have the console do all that poo poo overnight. Consoles own these days as long as it's not a garbage-rear end xbone with it's messy as gently caress ADHD user interface.
You can do that with a PC too tho. I have for years (replace 5.1setup with hipster vintage hifi setup tho, personal preference). Steam updates games on its own as the updates drop, Big Picture mode is as good as any console UI now and I don't have to adapt to the garbage Bone controller (or worse, a Sony hand-cramping device) cause I'm still rocking the 360 controller. And I can VNC onto it with my laptop and do regular PC stuff or :filez: some movies and poo poo if the mood strikes. My build wasn't expensive at all ($600) and I've more than made up the difference with all the semiannual Steam sales, huge money saver.

Also I highly recommend VR Project CARS cause holy poo poo the ability to turn your head and look into the next corner is fanfuckingtastic.

Turbo Fondant fucked around with this message at 16:49 on May 24, 2017

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Shrugs Not Drugs posted:

You can do that with a PC too tho. I have for years (replace 5.1setup with hipster vintage hifi setup tho, personal preference). Steam updates games on its own as the updates drop, Big Picture mode is as good as any console UI now and I don't have to adapt to the garbage Bone controller (or worse, a Sony hand-cramping device) cause I'm still rocking the 360 controller. And I can VNC onto it with my laptop and do regular PC stuff or :filez: some movies and poo poo if the mood strikes. My build wasn't expensive at all ($600) and I've more than made up the difference with all the semiannual Steam sales, huge money saver.

Also I highly recommend VR Project CARS cause holy poo poo the ability to turn your head and look into the next corner is fanfuckingtastic.

You can't play bloodborne on a pc tho

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
PC gaming is actually on an upswing right now, and it's not going anywhere.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

more and more people are switching to PC gaming whereas the consoles arent doing too hot

the switch doesnt count :colbert:

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Sometimes I'll stream my games from my gaming pc to my htpc so I can play games from my couch.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

willroc7 posted:

Use https://www.carvin123.com/

I just used it on Saturday, $7.99 for a legit carfax emailed instantly. They take paypal.

I bought the car. :coal:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

funny Star Wars parody posted:

the switch doesnt count :colbert:

Despite the initial sales boost, the Switch isn't doing to hot either. My wife bough one at launch, and while she loved the new Zelda and loves the switch, the lack of launch titles is really killing her interest in it.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

Adiabatic posted:

Rule 8 homie

My bad. Thanks for the tip Cage.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

CommieGIR posted:

Despite the initial sales boost, the Switch isn't doing to hot either. My wife bough one at launch, and while she loved the new Zelda and loves the switch, the lack of launch titles is really killing her interest in it.

i still cand find one anywhere and while there arent a lot of releases out for it it's still apparently killing it

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Nintendo does that false scarcity bullshit so much, and they are constantly talking out of both sides of their mouth when it comes to hardware and 3rd party support that I won't trust them to not turn the Switch into another Wii U

Hell, they just announced a new version of the 3DS after claiming that they were moving 3DS developers onto projects for the Switch so that there's more releases for their flagship. Guess what every Switch owner I know is complaining about their otherwise fun and convenient console right now?

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

To actually contribute to some discussion, this is the car I'm considering:

https://cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/6143954471.html

Carfax is nice and clean with regular service intervals. One-owner car with records. I think I'm going to pull the trigger tonight if all is as it appears.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

quote:

If Americans would eat beans instead of beef, the US would immediately realize approximately 50 to 75% of its greenhouse gas reduction targets for the year 2020, according to researchers from four American universities in a new paper.

So, who here would give up beef for sports cars? I know I would.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
I've been a vegetarian before, and I could do it again

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

It depends. Give up beef for an MX-5? Nah. Give up beef for a mint condition mid-90s Acura NSX? Pass me the magical fruit.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

tofu is extremely good

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

CommieGIR posted:

Switch rules - but yes, it needs more titles. With that being said, it gets more use than my gaming pc + pswhatever combined. I fuggin love it.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Once they bring pokemon to switch i'll probably buy it

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

Nintendo always seems to struggle to support their systems except for around the holidays.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

I haven't played my switch since I beat zelda. I still use my gaming PC almost daily. Never really been big on consoles but I like this one for on the go stuff (if it had games).

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

fridge corn posted:

You can't play bloodborne on a pc tho

You got me there, but if I hadn't moved over to PC I'd have likely gone with the Bone and been without Bloodborne anyway.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I'm the least vegetarian person ever and I eat beef like 20 times a year when I have a steak or In & Out, it's not hard to avoid in California with lots of pork and chicken on offer so my car getting 14mpg seems to have evened out on its own. I also own a PS4, Xbox One and a 1060 card which was a great bang for buck buy, and I have admin/full rights on my 3 work systems and I don't even work in IT because I'm friends with the guys who do. Also Bloodborne is very good but Dark Souls II is the best of the entire series. Nier (edit: er, Nioh, that is) isn't bad either for a Souls clone and is also not playable on the PC.

Ether Frenzy fucked around with this message at 20:08 on May 24, 2017

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Bajaha posted:

What was the reason for the brand new car? Was it a mutual decision? I totally understand how frustrating it is when something you care about is treated like crap and ends up all beat up, no longer new.

Hindsight and all that, but it seems like you would have been better off with a lightly used Prius with some body imperfections or even a beater of sorts. Echoing the suggestion to leave it be for a little while to let it sink in. If it doesn't bother her then I wouldn't recommend ever getting another brand new car unless you're the only one driving it.

On the bright side, at least she doesn't mechanically abuse cars... Does she?

It sounds more like ignorance than anything else. At least it's not malicious.

My wife bought herself a new car "because she deserved it, and doesn't want anyone elses hand-me-downs" (meanwhile I have never owned a new ~anything~)."
She then proceeded to hit 2 gas station bollards, a parked car, a not parked car, a wall, a shelf, another wall, and god only knows what but I hope it was already dead.
The next day someone scratched her door and she LOST HER loving MIND.
A few weeks ago she rear ended someone and totaled it. We didn't even wait for the insurance money, we just went out and bought her ANOTHER brand new Rav4 :shrug:
It's not like she wants to hurt her car. It's just that she's incapable of being a good car owner. Some people are just bad people, but we love them anyway.
At least now her car will slam on the brakes for her when she fucks up.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
i think i'm going to go ahead and refinance my mortgage, it would save almost 170/mo off my payment and the refinance fees are pretty low

blk posted:

but bean burgers are fuckin terrible

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

BraveUlysses posted:

but bean burgers are fuckin terrible

You've been eating crappy bean burgers, then. I'm not gonna give up a good medium rare burger anytime soon, but I've definitely had some absolutely delicious bean burgers.

The frozen ones pretty much all suck, though. Gotta either make them fresh yourself or get them at a place that makes their own.

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel
Giving up beef for sports cars would be no problem. Those bison better watch out, though :getin:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Shrugs Not Drugs posted:

My build wasn't expensive at all ($600) and I've more than made up the difference with all the semiannual Steam sales, huge money saver.

My current gen console was $150 new, that's a whole lot of games, full price or otherwise. And it can do all the media streaming stuff too :awesomelon:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Olympic Mathlete posted:

My current gen console was $150 new, that's a whole lot of games, full price or otherwise. And it can do all the media streaming stuff too :awesomelon:

how did you manage to get a current gen system for $150? Discount?

I paid $1400 for my PC build but I sold my drums, guitar, and a bunch of retro video games i had picked up years ago for $1 and only paid about $90 out of pocket

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

blk posted:

Does this account for the massive increase in methane produced by humans eating beans?

stump
Jan 19, 2006

I could deffo give up meat for driving, as long as I can still have cheese. Just giving up beef would be easy.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
The band's van's 7.5L V8 sprung an exhaust leak of some variety that has resulted in the loudest, meanest, most grin-inducing Econoline that I've ever seen/heard. Once I get back within ear-shot I'll upload some videos. Holy cow, this thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

blk posted:

I don't eat beef anymore. Haven't in ages.

• Locked thread