Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
that one streamer who wears a wig and sunglasses is the dumbest streamer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Loopoo posted:

This game creates some hilarious situations. I mainly suck at it because my aim is rubbish, and I usually get wiped out with my team from an unknown direction before we can even retaliate. I've had the jump on someone with a shotgun / 4x scope, but my aim is so bad they'll have time to either take cover or gently caress me over.

What are some tips for aiming? Should I ever first person in close quarters? Should I only first person when the enemy is quite a ways away? I feel like 3rd person firing would let me aim better, but I'm so used to the mindset of "aiming down sights improves accuracy". That being said, trying to strafe and shoot in first person is near impossible due to the gun sway.

I feel like once I get the hang of aiming / shooting in this game, I'll dominate.

PS: can you get banned for killing teammates? We were in 4's yesterday, and it was me and 2 other friends on Discord with some random dude. We killed the fourth guy cause he clipped one of us with the guy by reversing over them, so we figured he had to pay with his death. We then got immediately jumped by 3 enemies and killed them, all whilst our dead teammate was speaking Spanish over mic talking about macaroni and "ey cabron!". So is it bannable to kill teammates like that?

first person is best, IMO, when stationary and usually at a distance. I first person in when I'm watching the stairs, or shooting through a 4x from behind cover, but if it's within 20m or so and I'm moving I just hold down the RMB and aim that way

also I don't think you can get banned for TK'ing, we've had to kill squaddies a few times when they've DC'ed with no penalty

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Doorknob Slobber posted:

DrDisrespect is a chill dude.

VikingSkull posted:

first person is best, IMO, when stationary and usually at a distance. I first person in when I'm watching the stairs, or shooting through a 4x from behind cover, but if it's within 20m or so and I'm moving I just hold down the RMB and aim that way

also I don't think you can get banned for TK'ing, we've had to kill squaddies a few times when they've DC'ed with no penalty

thanks for the tips, I'll give it a go

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

VikingSkull posted:

There's no reporting mechanism, and friendly fire is always on, so I can't imagine any situation where you'd get banned for teamkills as the game currently stands.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

Doorknob Slobber posted:

Oh look, another buck-toothed, smooth-cheeked babby

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

i really hope they make crossbows travel faster

the distance being small is fine but lol wowee at how slow that arrow travels

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
that wig wearing streamer probably wishes the game was first person only and you had to eat berries to find bullets

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

The VSS is pretty much a silenced UMP with a 4x and only 10/20 capacity.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

VulgarandStupid posted:

The VSS is pretty much a silenced UMP with a 4x and only 10/20 capacity.

but it only shoots 9mm :smuggo:

Qubee
May 31, 2013

I used the Vector once, never again. I really don't like the gun. It kicks like a mule and the recoil is just horrible to manage. It only fires 13 bullets. No thanks.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Loopoo posted:

I used the Vector once, never again. I really don't like the gun. It kicks like a mule and the recoil is just horrible to manage. It only fires 13 bullets. No thanks.

Without an extended mag, I don't see how the Vector is usable at all. I actually really like the Uzi in the SMG class, just wish you could put an optic on it.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 18:21 on May 24, 2017

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Daeno posted:

Decoy grenades would be super fun.

Could use it to mask your sounds or maybe help push campers around a little and mix things up

It could just be a literal Brick. Let me throw a Brick!!! I want more stuff like this in the game. Directional mics, binocs, heartbeat sensors. Fun stuff, theres enough guns.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Meme Emulator posted:

It could just be a literal Brick. Let me throw a Brick!!! I want more stuff like this in the game. Directional mics, binocs, heartbeat sensors. Fun stuff, theres enough guns.

I would kill somebody on an island IRL for binoculars in the game.

Also something I can use to breach doors would be loving awesome for the 2 times it would come up across 900 games.

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
There needs to be something to help shake up the end game snipe-fest. I'm not sure what that would be though. Perhaps a holo-duke

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

I've been trying to make sick extreme rad bike videos the test server but goddamn does the client like to crash.

Meme Emulator posted:

Do berries make your list of fun stuff? This is important.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Kibbles n Shits posted:

There needs to be something to help shake up the end game snipe-fest. I'm not sure what that would be though. Perhaps a holo-duke

I think the only way to really do that would be to have the circle biased towards denser areas. At a certain point there's gonna be so few people and such a small circle that you know where the badguys are going to be, and you obviously want to kill them from far away before they know you're there. That's intrinsic to the game's design.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

How does the air control in the new patch differ from the air control the bikes have now?

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Loopoo posted:

Vertical grip, extended mag, compensator/silencer and it is pretty effective, puts down dudes real good. It's my go to close quarters secondary gun.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Xachariah posted:

Vertical grip, extended mag, compensator/silencer and it is pretty effective, puts down dudes real good. It's my go to close quarters secondary gun.

I prefer the UMP because I'm a 1911 fanboy

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

VulgarandStupid posted:

Do berries make your list of fun stuff? This is important.

I dont get the berry jokes people keep making

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Inspector_666 posted:

I think the only way to really do that would be to have the circle biased towards denser areas. At a certain point there's gonna be so few people and such a small circle that you know where the badguys are going to be, and you obviously want to kill them from far away before they know you're there. That's intrinsic to the game's design.

Another option is totally pick up the white circle and drop it somewhere so everyone needs to move. Then the blue shrinks down towards the white while the new white circle grows into a safe zone.

Look up Venn Diagram with one of the circles are white and the other is blue.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Meme Emulator posted:

someone wanted to put crafting and berries in and everyone got mad because they dont want lag/crafting/healthy foods

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Meme Emulator posted:

It's mocking the people who are calling for this game to be a survivor mode game like DayZ

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

funny Star Wars parody posted:

It's mocking the people who are calling for this game to be a survivor mode game like DayZ

Oh, I never played any of those. But how about if you take your GODDAMN boots off you cut your feet and leave bloody footprints around instead of just magically running barefoot and silently across a 3 mile long island. Thats realism i can get behind

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Meme Emulator posted:

Oh, I never played any of those. But how about if you take your GODDAMN boots off you cut your feet and leave bloody footprints around instead of just magically running barefoot and silently across a 3 mile long island. Thats realism i can get behind

make all the grass 3 feet tall and leave paths when you run through it

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Meme Emulator posted:

but you could rub berries on your feet or craft them with a UMP to prevent the bloody footprints

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
If you collect 3 ballistics masks, a pair of goggles, and a sks you can create a skateboard to cruise around on

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Meme Emulator posted:

goon doesn't understand fruit

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Meme Emulator posted:

No way man, gotta hear them hams slappin'.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Voxx posted:

If you collect 3 ballistics masks, a pair of goggles, and a sks you can create a skateboard to cruise around on

two friends of mine shoot at every plane that flies over because they think it makes it drop care packages. Full clips

Qubee
May 31, 2013

I hate how bad bandages are at healing you. Medkits are the only thing that are worth it, and painkillers / redbull is great for heal over time and to hit your max hp. Bandages? I rarely use them, they're utter poo poo. 4 seconds to heal 5% hp. Nah.

If there was an option to right click > consume all on bandages, I'd be more willing to use them. But sitting in my loving inventory for 5 minutes spam clicking use on them ain't my idea of fun and intuitive.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Bandages are good, and fit their purpose well when you're hurt but not <25% health bad.

Drink a couple sodas and spam 9, doesn't take long.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

two friends of mine shoot at every plane that flies over because they think it makes it drop care packages. Full clips

sounds like you've got some dumb friends.

either that or they played too much The Culling

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Bandages weigh basically nothing, you can carry about 20 of them before you notice any sort of inventory hit.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Loopoo posted:

I hate how bad bandages are at healing you. Medkits are the only thing that are worth it, and painkillers / redbull is great for heal over time and to hit your max hp. Bandages? I rarely use them, they're utter poo poo. 4 seconds to heal 5% hp. Nah.

If there was an option to right click > consume all on bandages, I'd be more willing to use them. But sitting in my loving inventory for 5 minutes spam clicking use on them ain't my idea of fun and intuitive.

rebind it to a mouse button. This game doesn't need more ways to heal quickly from no health>75%

Carebearz posted:

sounds like you've got some dumb friends.

either that or they played too much The Culling

They've never played the culling :D

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Bandages/medpacks/medkits all serve perfectly useful functions and one is going to be more useful than the others based on the type of situation you are in. It's a good system.

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

rebind your peaks to mouse4/5

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Bobbin Threadbear posted:

rebind your peaks to mouse4/5

Will peaking allow me to reach my full potential?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Can someone explain how a 2nd monitor and looking at it would enable a guy to cheat at this game and make sick snipes. I come from a simpler time of RATBOT and crt monitors so im not following the accusation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Jerkface posted:

Can someone explain how a 2nd monitor and looking at it would enable a guy to cheat at this game and make sick snipes. I come from a simpler time of RATBOT and crt monitors so im not following the accusation.

because obviously if it looks like the person isn't paying attention then that must mean they're getting outside help

• Locked thread