Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

FauxLeather posted:

You thought that was funny?

Yeah I mean, I can tell obviously they weren't going for humor, but the randomness and absurdity of the mouth moving as it floated away just hit me right on the funnybone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I'm taking the day off work tomorrow for my birthday and I'm finally gonna sit down and watch. Is it good pals?

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live
In cars

EmmyOk posted:

I'm taking the day off work tomorrow for my birthday and I'm finally gonna sit down and watch. Is it good pals?

How did you feel about FWWM and Lynch's later work like Inland Empire and Muholland Drive?

That's your answer.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

FauxLeather posted:

You thought that was funny?

'Funny' as in: laughably lovely like all of the SFX in this new season as Lynch tries to spend as little as possible of the networks money on the actual show so he can pocket the rest for his retirement.

"But no, it's supposed to look like utter poo poo because Lynch is a genius because other people say he is and i'm a complete loving moron. Who wants to hear my fanfic about what the show is really about?" said most TVIV Goons.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

spudsbuckley posted:

'Funny' as in: laughably lovely like all of the SFX in this new season as Lynch tries to spend as little as possible of the networks money on the actual show so he can pocket the rest for his retirement.

"But no, it's supposed to look like utter poo poo because Lynch is a genius because other people say he is and i'm a complete loving moron. Who wants to hear my fanfic about what the show is really about?" said most TVIV Goons.

Oh you're still here, doing this.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

EmmyOk posted:

Oh it's drat good! Like the poster above said, if you're into Lynch's surreal movies I think you'll be having a good time here.

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo

spudsbuckley posted:

Fix your heart or get out

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

FauxLeather posted:

Windom Earle and Dick Tremayne are two of my favourite characters from Season 2. They're both fun and absolutely steal any scene they're in.

I think my favorite part of Dick Tremayne is that instead of a bunch of episodes about him and Andy being romantic rivals, they go off on a whole separate adventure to find out if Little Nicky is the devil.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Maybe David Lunch should take some pointers from a real director like Michael Bay and have way more awesome splosions!!

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

spudsbuckley posted:

Your gimmick is bad. Be better at posting.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
My favorite part of spudsbuckley posts is how he always projects some financial aspect to it. "You fools, you thought you liked something, but as it turns out, the director is getting paid money! He's laughing all the way to the bank while you sit there and enjoy his work!"

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

moist turtleneck posted:

Maybe David Lunch should take some pointers from a real director like Michael Bay and have way more awesome splosions!!

Both David and Michael knew Nic Cage was the best thing going in the 90s, so they've got one thing in common at least.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Watching the original series again and noticed something interesting: in episode 16, when Cooper is interrogating Mike, he says that when he and Bob were killing together, they formed a "golden circle" of appetite and satisfaction.

Not sure if that has anything to do with the golden circle we see in the new episodes or if it's just a coincidence, but I figured I'd mention it.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Cromulent posted:

My favorite part of spudsbuckley posts is how he always projects some financial aspect to it. "You fools, you thought you liked something, but as it turns out, the director is getting paid money! He's laughing all the way to the bank while you sit there and enjoy his work!"

He sounds like someone who, against their expectations, never became nearly as financially successful or even stable as they expected when they were younger and resents anyone who is. Legit sorry, spuds. Being financially insecure is stressful as hell.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You guys were mentioning Legion in this thread is it good

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Empress Brosephine posted:

You guys were mentioning Legion in this thread is it good

Also check out the movie The Guest starring that guy, 80s/90s-ish fun genre movie (thriller/slasher/quirkiness etc) good times.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

/the next 14 episodes turn out to be an extreme close-up of David Lynchs face whilst he laughs into the camera for 14 hours solid in between wheezing "you loving rubes".

/"So good! The absolute genius of it!"

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

spudsbuckley posted:

/the next 14 episodes turn out to be an extreme close-up of David Lynchs face whilst he laughs into the camera for 14 hours solid in between wheezing "you loving rubes".

/"So good! The absolute genius of it!"

Just for some clarity here, do you at least like Blue Velvet? On the attempt to roast the experimental surreal stuff, I'll just say it's not true to say his fans will like anything. I can't say I'll see Inland Empire a second time (his fully experimental unscripted movie). But overall he's my favorite filmmaker.

Do you like Cronenberg? How about Repo Man or River's Edge? What's the most off-kilter movie or TV that you do enjoy?

astronautism
Oct 3, 2002
Has anyone brought up the possibility that BoB might be behind the Hastings murder? Him saying that he dreamed being there but wasn't actually there sounds a lot like Leland's behavior. Plus, it was a very bizarre crime scene... one that was definitely intended to send some message, like letters under fingernails.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Heavy Metal posted:

Just for some clarity here, do you at least like Blue Velvet? On the attempt to roast the experimental surreal stuff, I'll just say it's not true to say his fans will like anything. I can't say I'll see Inland Empire a second time (his fully experimental unscripted movie). But overall he's my favorite filmmaker.

Do you like Cronenberg? How about Repo Man or River's Edge? What's the most off-kilter movie or TV that you do enjoy?

Why are you trying to engage with someone who is only here to shitpost and derail the discussion

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Imagine being incredibly mad at a tv show and posting about it in tviv. Find a better hobby, dog.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Escobarbarian posted:

Why are you trying to engage with someone who is only here to shitpost and derail the discussion

I think with a bit of can do attitude, we can get this guy into Lynch. Finer arts posters having a rock talk. He ain't heavy. He's my brother.

But yeah, I don't get the idea that a Lynch fan would like anything he makes. But it's a common idea for detractors, the main page IMDb review for Inland Empire says something about 3 hours of traffic cam footage saying A David Lynch Film would get good reviews. I just don't think that's true, don't get that approach.

But, I don't like some Kurosawa movies, thought Ran was boring, everybody has different takes on things. I don't get the vehement anti-Lynch thing though, I'm just curious how much Lynch they've tried. And this kind of genre in general.

Heavy Metal fucked around with this message at 20:24 on May 24, 2017

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

tao of lmao posted:

Imagine being incredibly mad at a tv show and posting about it in tviv. Find a better hobby, dog.

call for help.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

eSporks posted:

I think I am alone in that I actually liked Windom Earle. He reminds me of Sheogorath from Elder Scrolls. Just pure chaotic neutral insanity.
He reminded me of a power ranger villain, getting his scene when he's cackling with his underling in his secret base every episode.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

tao of lmao posted:

Imagine gushingly praising any old poo poo that some "renowned" director puts out despite it being obviously loving terrible to any normal human being.

/Micheal Cera intentionally performs an absolutely dogshit piece of acting for the gently caress of it because he showed up on set that day and agreed not be paid because he would get to be in the Twin Peaks revival and the guy in charge doesn't give a gently caress one way or the other.

"Wally Brando is the best thing i have ever seen on TV because i'm an absolute loving retard!!!!!!!!" said TVIV.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

spudsbuckley posted:

Imagine gushingly praising any old poo poo that some "renowned" director puts out despite it being obviously loving terrible to any normal human being.

/Micheal Cera intentionally performs an absolutely dogshit piece of acting for the gently caress of it because he showed up on set that day and agreed not be paid because he would get to be in the Twin Peaks revival and the guy in charge doesn't give a gently caress one way or the other.

"Wally Brando is the best thing i have ever seen on TV because i'm an absolute loving retard!!!!!!!!" said TVIV.

We get the fact you don't like the show. Your crusade against us "rubes with the wrong opinions" won't get you anywhere, so why don't you gently caress off over to the GBS thread where hating poo poo is par for the course?

tao of lmao fucked around with this message at 20:36 on May 24, 2017

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

What is this dumb bullshit

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

I went in with low expectations and was blown away. I think it's better than the original to be honest, and the original is one of my favorite shows.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

spudsbuckley posted:

Do you at least appreciate Scott Pilgrim vs the World? How about Michael Cera's small role in Children's Hospital, that was great. I love Wally Brando for the record.

SMP
May 5, 2009

Imagine being this mad at a tv show and insisting the others are retards.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

astronautism posted:

Has anyone brought up the possibility that BoB might be behind the Hastings murder? Him saying that he dreamed being there but wasn't actually there sounds a lot like Leland's behavior. Plus, it was a very bizarre crime scene... one that was definitely intended to send some message, like letters under fingernails.
That was the very first thing that crossed my mind. He's supposedly an upstanding, well-respected member of the community just like Leland, too. But then his wife said they were having an affair, so I have no idea what to believe anymore.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Scott Pilgrim was a lovely movie and I didn't care for Wally Brando either. I do love this show though. Is Billy Zane coming back?

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Solice Kirsk posted:

Scott Pilgrim was a lovely movie and I didn't care for Wally Brando either. I do love this show though. Is Billy Zane coming back?

I am offended on Michael's behalf, highly offended, but we can agree Billy Zane is often quite entertaining. It would be a hoot if that character returned, I don't remember him being on the cast list. Oddly enough both Matthew Lilard and Billy Zane gave very funny performances in Uwe Boll movies.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Wally Brando is my hero.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I can't find a way to watch the missing pieces, any noteworthy bits from it before I go back to watch the rest of season 3?

P.S. madeline zima has grown since her nanny days

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Wally Brando is obviously objectively hilarious and incredible.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

"SHITPOSTS OF STONE."

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Kurtofan posted:

P.S. madeline zima has grown since her nanny days

Those fuckin' legs yowza. Shame she got her face scooped out by a buzzy ghost alien.

stoic665
Nov 8, 2009

spudsbuckley posted:

My dharma is enjoying good tv shows. Your dharma...

*gestures vaguely at thousands of shitposts*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Saw an interesting theory on Reddit that Wally might be a paid actor by Truman to help Lucy and Andy cope with the fact their son died years ago. Her obsession with the thermostat and the fact she was terrified by Truman walking in with the cellphone indicates she's kinda "stuck" in the past because of the trauma, and Wally's decision to let them make the room a study was part of some sort of coping method. Probably complete bullshit, but this show lends itself well to wild speculation.

Fake edit: would also possibly explain why the family photo had the awkwardly prominent faces pasted to it.