Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night

evilmiera posted:

I wish I could say I now read better fiction except I barely read books anymore :(

As I always tell my students: there is not time to read unless you consciously decide to devote time to reading. But you have plenty of time! You go to the gym? Instead of watching TV on the treadmill put in an audiobook. You cook dinner? While your standing around stirring vegetables use your other hand to hold a book. You re-watching Parks and Rec on Netflix for the 5th time? Set aside the first 22 minutes for reading. If you read half an hour everyday you can read 50 books a year.

Okay, I'll get off my literature soap box now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Captain Invictus posted:

Ubisoft striking while the iron's hot, for once.

Too bad they havent done anything about what a piece of repetitive garbage every single game they make is. But hey, the wrapper they wrapped the game up in aligns with my politics!

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

haveblue posted:

Generally yes, although the last one was set in space so I'm not sure how they worked it in there.

If they had co-opted Infinity they could've fought Haqqislam https://www.infinitythegame.com/faction_HAQ.php

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Prester Jane posted:

This is what the future of American education looks lie under Betsy Devos :smith:

Holy poo poo, no pun intended.

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

I was gonna say, aren't the Call of Duty games about shooting Islamic terrorists? Also I bet these people think that Comstock was the good guy in Bioshock Infinite

Counterstrike is about shooting Islamic terrorists and has been around since before current college freshmen were born.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

evilmiera posted:

If they had co-opted Infinity they could've fought Haqqislam https://www.infinitythegame.com/faction_HAQ.php

Aren't the Haqq like Space Golden Age of Islam good guys, though?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Trump and Pence have pre-recorded messages for Gianforte going out in phone calls in Montana.

Robocalls are illegal in Montana.(they get away with it by having a live caller call and ask if they can play them a message from the president)

Laws need to be enforced to matter.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

haveblue posted:

Generally yes, although the last one was set in space so I'm not sure how they worked it in there.

But like nobody played that one. People only got it for the remastered CoD4. :v:

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Meme Emulator posted:

Too bad they havent done anything about what a piece of repetitive garbage every single game they make is.

are you talking about ubisoft here, or {insert successful AAA game dev studio} instead?

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Mahoning posted:

I always think its really telling when Christians identify with the weirdo cultish Christians enough to be offended when they are portrayed in the media somehow..

Where are the moderate Christians denouncing the extremists?!?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Yessssssss

https://twitter.com/marygeorgant/st...%3D584e1e4ce5e9

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

#Rassmussen

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

I saw that dork's CNN interview earlier and had to Google him after how embarrassing it was. This picture came up and it explained everything. Just random creepy fat guy Republican #153. Apparently he drinks too much and gets handsy with women that work for him.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Maybe some stuff should circulate the internet about his sexual proclivities.

Huzanko
Aug 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

I was gonna say, aren't the Call of Duty games about shooting Islamic terrorists? Also I bet these people think that Comstock was the good guy in Bioshock Infinite

They do.

They frequently post the following unrionically.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

WHAT THE gently caress IS THAT THING

Prophecy0
Jun 27, 2004

Someone was having fun with his Wikipedia page earlier:

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Videogames are stupid and I still hope Donnie fucks with them and the internet so redditor lose everything they care about.

The Tong Ending in Deus Ex was right.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

PhazonLink posted:

Videogames are stupid and I still hope Donnie fucks with them and the internet so redditor lose everything they care about.

The Tong Ending in Deus Ex was right.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Can't wait for John Oliver to start buying up ad space during Hannity's show so the Catheter Cowboy can explain why the Seth Rich story is bogus to all of his viewers.

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!
:cripes:

https://twitter.com/justinjm1/status/867460059252523008

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.

God drat it Comey

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

quote:

NEW: Comey's decision to go public with Clinton announcement was influenced by a fake Russian document

gently caress everything.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

haveblue posted:

Generally yes? It's mostly WW2 Axis powers, Russian nationalists, and PMCs. In Ghosts the antagonists were a separatist North American Union.

Raylen
Aug 1, 2003

You just killed the nice deranged chick from the juice bar that I was gonna score with someday maybe!
Pillbug

I read his name as Blake "Fartenhold"

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

son of a bitch Comey is so stupid for getting played like that

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

haveblue posted:

I imagine:

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

Jesus Christ.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

(Inarticulate rage gargle)

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

Hahahhahahahahahahaha why wasn't he with him.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 20:38 on May 24, 2017

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

This mother fucker better make things right

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Putin's new oblast lookin' good.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Goly Gosh Darn It, Jimmy! :mad:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Comey will be remembered as one of the greatest stooges in US history.

Confounding Factor
Jul 4, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Thanks Comey!

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Night10194 posted:

Aren't the Haqq like Space Golden Age of Islam good guys, though?

More or less (which is why I find them kind of boring as a faction) but they're in space and that's all that matters.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
On CoD Infinity, the bad guys were simply Mars Separatists. Real jerks for no reason. Led by Space Nazi Jon Snow. Was really a good loving campaign.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

mcmagic posted:

Comey will be remembered as one of the greatest stooges in US history.

And conversely the guy who got Trump imprisoned. "In short, Jim Comey is a man of contrasts." will be a phrase seen in every 7th grader's US history essay circa 2050.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Of course he did, what an idiot.
I seriously hope this whole investigation results in your entire government airing all its dirty laundry at once.

• Locked thread